Page 21 of 50

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:52 am
by Squishy Rex
Pivot40Channel wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:
Pivot40Channel wrote:There's a timer of not on your engine ?
Hi, you can check the LVLX file specification, almost all future engine's features listed in them (see the markers section of document).
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/_PGE/File ... iption.pdf
Timer will be ;-)
One thing what about star ?
If you mean the Starman that makes you invincible, then yes, I believe that has been definitely planned.

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:58 am
by Wohlstand
Squishy Rex wrote:If you mean the Starman that makes you invincible, then yes, I believe that has been definitely planned.
Oh, I heard a lot of "starman", but didn't understood, what are you mean....
but now I'm understand! It is easy and simple! Is a little bonus like stop watch, but player will hurt anything which he touch while star power is enabled.
SMBXtended should have this bonus, and we will plane them

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:55 am
by Mista Epic
Wait, so has the project been renamed to SMBXtended? Honestly I think I'll use this instead of GhostHawks one.

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:04 pm
by Wohlstand
Mista Epic wrote:Wait, so has the project been renamed to SMBXtended? Honestly I think I'll use this instead of GhostHawks one.
Hi, "SMBXtended" is a name of future config pack for PGE which will have improved old and new SMBX's staff for engine. And this config pack will be a successor of "SMBX 1.3" config pack which fully compatible with old SMBX, and I will save both config packs for allow AND open/play old SMBX's episodes and levels AND create/open/play new with using of the modern technologies and with new features and updates

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:40 am
by Wohlstand
Hello!
I have a good news: We almost done the tileset item box feature which will help with custom graphics and will give SMBX-Like tilesets which more convenient for people which got used the SMBX's item box and also with possible to create own tilesets for custom graphics which will be saved in the episode or level/world specific folder by your choice.

This means, Beta is nearly!

Screenshots 1 (older)
Spoiler: show
tileset box screenshots:
Image

Scroll layout if your tileset box will have too small size:
Image

Image

Image
Screenshots 2 (older)
Spoiler: show
Level/World specific custom tilesets can now be created and edited by everyone:
Image

Image

Image
I'll also add an "edit" button for each custom tileset so that you can edit them quickly.
This tileset item box is a good additional feature to regular item toolbox:
- regular item toolbox which available by default have a filter search and search by ID which helps you to find necessary item by name or by ID. Also with them you can place any items, even secret and super-secret.
- tileset item box is more convenient for create combinations of similar tiles and more visually, this is a best choice for use a compound items, (like ground tiles with a slopes). You can create own tilesets for your custom graphics which will be saved in the episode or level specific folder.

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:58 am
by Squishy Rex
Plus, you will be able to add these to your custom tilesets when you release them. This means that anyone who uses your tileset can effectively use your pre-made tileset box like the examples that Wohlstand has shown. Obviously this can only be done in PGE, but it will save a lot of time and be a lot more convenient for those mega tilesets, like Sednaiur's and Valtteri's Extended Tilesets.

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:23 am
by Veudekato
Veudekato wrote:SMbx screens with help of platgenwohl.
Image

power of 'no collisions'

Image

my own kingdom ( curve. I'm to blame)

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:28 am
by Fuyu
@Wohlstand: What is an NPS exactly? I can see you typed it instead of NPC.

Also, is the tileset item box supposed to be a graphical design tool that imports everything to PlatGEnWohl?

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:40 am
by Wohlstand
Natsu wrote:@Wohlstand: What is an NPS exactly? I can see you typed it instead of NPC.

Also, is the tileset item box supposed to be a graphical design tool that imports everything to PlatGEnWohl?
1) Yea, this is NPC's, I made dummy tileset for some tests, but yea, it's typo.
2) Tileset box - is a same item collector which is a regular item box, but editable and customizable. When you select one of item from tileset box, editing mode switching into a "placing mode", where:
- you can set properties of placing item by special properties box
- you can use tools like square fill / line / overwrite / etc. like if you select item by regular item box

"is the tileset item box supposed to be a graphical design tool that imports everything to PlatGEnWohl?"
What do you mean?
All custom tilesets load automatically if they're placed together with a level file or in a custom folder like along with the custom GFX. The tilesets have the extension ".tileset.ini".
It's possible to put custom GFX too, it's a tileset, and you can use this tileset when you open a level.

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:38 am
by Fuyu
I was asking if you were able to edit graphics in-program. Also, by saying "The tilesets have extension ".tileset.ini", you mean that there's a way to convert your tilesets into .ini files?

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:04 am
by Wohlstand
Natsu wrote:I was asking if you were able to edit graphics in-program. Also, by saying "The tilesets have extension ".tileset.ini", you mean that there's a way to convert your tilesets into .ini files?
Is you mean a graphics icons or position of tilesets?
Graphics for tiles always generating automatically from original sprites (staff and custom from cache). I.e. when you replace the original sprite, new icon will generated from them.

.tileset.ini is a INI file, native tileset's format. I was used sub-suffix ".tilesets" that it was more convenient than them to distinguish, and for escape any conflicts with parsing of .INI files of difference roles.

Each tileset file have this contents:

Code: Select all

[tileset]
rows=4 ; number of rows
cols=4  ; number of columns
name=Slopes ; name of tileset
type=0 ; Item type (0 - blocks, 1 - BGOs, 2 - NPC's, 3 - WLD Tiles, 4 - WLD Scenery, 5 WLD Paths, 6 - WLD Levels)

[item-0-0] ; Used cell coordinates
id=299      ; ID of item which in this cell

[item-1-0]
id=300

...
Any Tilesets are editable:
You can open the "Tileset editor" by click on the "New tileset" buttom. Editing of tilesets you making by drag and drop of items into them. You can define any size of the tilesets and you can place your tiles into any cells of tileset. Tileset will be saved in the your level or episode folder when you press "Save" and enter the filename. Later we will add the "edit" icon for each tileset, and you will can open the editor of this tileset quickly.
Spoiler: show
Image
But when you will use the Tools -> "Tiles and palletes", you will edit the "predefined" tilesets which will be displayed globally for everyone. Also, don't forgot about tileset groups (for global only).

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:07 am
by Fuyu
Wait, so you're not talking about tilesets but spritesheets, is that it? PlatGEnWohl imports spritesheets and automatically makes them either NPCs or Blocks or whatever we wnat, am I right?

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:14 am
by Wohlstand
Natsu wrote:Wait, so you're not talking about tilesets but spritesheets, is that it? PlatGEnWohl imports spritesheets and automatically makes them either NPCs or Blocks or whatever we wnat, am I right?
Yes:
Image
Oh, I forgot about "display-frame" flag in the global INI-files, this flag defining the frame number which will be used as "icon" for tilesets. I made this because "invisible" block's icon is transparency because first frame is empty.

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:39 pm
by Mista Epic
I'd just like to say this project has ended due to Valtteri eating Wohlstand.
Spoiler: show
[09:49] * Elsa eats Wohlstand
[09:49] <Mista_Epic> valtteri no
[09:49] <Elsah> lol poor kitty
[09:50] * Elsah calms down Elsa san
[09:50] <Mista_Epic> you heartless monster
[09:50] <Mista_Epic> now he will never finish platgenwohl
[09:50] <Elsah> Elsa!!!
[09:50] <Elsa> teaches him to eat elsah's brain
[09:50] <Astro> rip the beautiful cat

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:45 pm
by Axiom
Mista Epic wrote:I'd just like to say this project has ended due to Valtteri eating Wohlstand.
Spoiler: show
[09:49] * Elsa eats Wohlstand
[09:49] <Mista_Epic> valtteri no
[09:49] <Elsah> lol poor kitty
[09:50] * Elsah calms down Elsa san
[09:50] <Mista_Epic> you heartless monster
[09:50] <Mista_Epic> now he will never finish platgenwohl
[09:50] <Elsah> Elsa!!!
[09:50] <Elsa> teaches him to eat elsah's brain
[09:50] <Astro> rip the beautiful cat
good thing its open source so someone skilled with C++ can pick it up
please dont look at me i know very limited c++

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:50 pm
by Wohlstand
Luigifan2010 wrote:
Mista Epic wrote:I'd just like to say this project has ended due to Valtteri eating Wohlstand.
Spoiler: show
[09:49] * Elsa eats Wohlstand
[09:49] <Mista_Epic> valtteri no
[09:49] <Elsah> lol poor kitty
[09:50] * Elsah calms down Elsa san
[09:50] <Mista_Epic> you heartless monster
[09:50] <Mista_Epic> now he will never finish platgenwohl
[09:50] <Elsah> Elsa!!!
[09:50] <Elsa> teaches him to eat elsah's brain
[09:50] <Astro> rip the beautiful cat
good thing its open source so someone skilled with C++ can pick it up
please dont look at me i know very limited c++
I will say:
- I'm not the edible
- I'm living TOOOOoo far for some can eat me 8-)
- I'm never stop project without programmer-successor, requirements is too strict ;-)
- Back UP cool forever :lol:

Good joke, Mista Epic. I like jokes ;-) Very-very :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/_files_fo ... gewars.png

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:59 pm
by icez
This may or may not been answered already but with the smbxextened config will it include a gravity setting for it? It would be really handy for space levels

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:12 am
by Squishy Rex
icez wrote:This may or may not been answered already but with the smbxextened config will it include a gravity setting for it? It would be really handy for space levels
It has been talked about, though there is no definite whether it will be added as of yet, though from what I remember about the conversation, I believe it is possible to do.

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:16 am
by icez
Squishy Rex wrote:
It has been talked about, though there is no definite whether it will be added as of yet, though from what I remember about the conversation, I believe it is possible to do.
I think it would be a good edtion along with the blowing wind from the lost levels as well

Re: My Research of SMBX

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:42 am
by Squishy Rex
icez wrote:
Squishy Rex wrote:
It has been talked about, though there is no definite whether it will be added as of yet, though from what I remember about the conversation, I believe it is possible to do.
I think it would be a good edtion along with the blowing wind from the lost levels as well
Yes it would be, however, Wohlstand has already said he wants to add the Wind from SMB:LL/ NSMBWii, so that is most likely going to happen at some point after SMBX 1.3 has been successfully reproduced through PlatGEnWohl.