PGE thread [Archive 2015-07-31]

Topics that have reached 100 pages.
Fuyu
Wart
Wart

Re: My Research of SMBX

Postby Fuyu » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:58 am

It would be pretty cool if we were able to recreate DKC2's Gusty Glade level.

Nexia
Bit
Bit

Postby Nexia » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:46 pm

If you have any suggestions for changes (or feedback) related to the User Interference of the PGE Editor, post them here http://engine.wohlnet.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=278
Feel free to DRAW your suggestion in an image or a screenshot, or you can send an alternate icon image to replace an existing one/add an icon to a feature which doesn't have an icon yet.

Don't forget to download fresh builds from the laboratory page, because the UI may change during the course of development.
We aren't very far from the Editor's beta now ;)
I believe in blatant forum signature copypasta exploiting someone's religion as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
Discord username/ID: show
________#8888
Interesting ad.
Spoiler: show

Avarice
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Avarice » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:15 am

Nexia wrote:If you have any suggestions for changes (or feedback) related to the User Interference of the PGE Editor, post them here http://engine.wohlnet.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=278
Feel free to DRAW your suggestion in an image or a screenshot, or you can send an alternate icon image to replace an existing one/add an icon to a feature which doesn't have an icon yet.

Don't forget to download fresh builds from the laboratory page, because the UI may change during the course of development.
Does that mean we'll start seeing progress on the engine soon?(as in the thing that let's you play levels or entire games.) Because I'm really excited to see that. I imagine levels will come 1st. I can't imagine that there's much else to add to the editor at the moment.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: 狐エンジニア

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:29 am

Avarice wrote:
Nexia wrote:If you have any suggestions for changes (or feedback) related to the User Interference of the PGE Editor, post them here http://engine.wohlnet.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=278

Does that mean we'll start seeing progress on the engine soon?(as in the thing that let's you play levels or entire games.) Because I'm really excited to see that. I imagine levels will come 1st. I can't imagine that there's much else to add to the editor at the moment.
Hi, We now preparing to start the BETA of the editor, and this means, we nearly to start progress with engine part ;)
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Nexia
Bit
Bit

Postby Nexia » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:36 am

Avarice wrote:

As you already probably know, developing an engine like this from scratch isn't something very simple, and thus it's definitely expected to take time.
It's worthwhile to note though, that at the it's not completely impossible to see something like a very basic test version within a few months, given the current speed at which the project's development is heading at.

In any case, work on the Engine is planned to start soon after the Editor's beta ;)
lol got Ninja'd
I believe in blatant forum signature copypasta exploiting someone's religion as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
________#8888
Interesting ad.

Mista Epic
Banned

Postby Mista Epic » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:05 am

Is there a time estimate of how long until the Engine? A year? A season? A month? A week?
<Peach> Bowsers cock is the real reason I get captured
<Peach> It's pretty nice
<Panda> i see i didnt miss a lot then

I support:

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:35 am

Mista Epic wrote:Is there a time estimate of how long until the Engine? A year? A season? A month? A week?
I think, between half-year and year.
But while engine part is developing, the experimental builds will always available for download ;-)

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Mista Epic
Banned

Postby Mista Epic » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:24 am

So it'll be a Christmas present?
<Peach> It's pretty nice

I support:

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец

Postby h2643 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:29 am

Half-year = 6 months, year = 12 months. Christmas is in 3 months (in my country), so...

Nexia
Bit
Bit

Postby Nexia » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:49 am

Mista Epic wrote:So it'll be a Christmas present?
Wohlstand wrote: I think, between half-year and year.
There isn't any set deadline. It depends on a bunch of things, and the plan after all is to deliver a properly coded and optimized platformer engine. Not something rushed up with resulting consequences later.
________#8888
Interesting ad.

Mista Epic
Banned

Postby Mista Epic » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm

h2643 wrote:Half-year = 6 months, year = 12 months. Christmas is in 3 months (in my country), so...
Oops! Forgot it was September. I guess if anything It'll be an Easter present!
<Peach> It's pretty nice

I support:

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby h2643 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:07 am

Alright, new editor Beta will come to your computers later today or tomorrow.
By the way, I can tell you a few things, which the new Beta includes - World Map support added (even the "custom scenes after 33 will crash SMBX" bug is fixed!), you can zoom in and zoom out the level/world map and many other nice new features!
So, be prepeared!

EDIT: It's released!
Last edited by h2643 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:49 pm

Well that just made my weekend. I wake up on a Saturday morning to read this. It's going to be a good weekend. Congratulations to Wohlstand and the rest of the Dev team. This is a big milestone that has never been reached before with any other editor since SMBX 1.3. So well done guys, I'm sure this will be a total success!
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

This is a starting of BETA!

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:19 pm

After lots of hard work, it's finally here!

This is the beginning of BETA RELEASES!

The PGE Editor 0.2.0 Beta
The PGE editor is now officially in the Beta stage! Image
The editor now completely supports the SMBX standard, and can edit any level, NPC, or world map.

Downloads:
Image Download Editor 0.2 Beta [Win32] (41 MB)

Image Download Editor 0.2 Beta [Linux CentOS x86_64] (42 MB)

Image Download Editor 0.2 Beta [MacOS X] (27 MB)

Important to download for using of the editor with SMBX
Image Download SMBX Configuration Pack (241 MB) (You should unpack them into configs subdirectory of the editor to start work with editor)
Also you can get more configuration packages here:
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/config_packs.php

Sources (C++, Qt5)
Image Download sources [.zip]

Image Download sources [.tar.gz]

Image How to build project for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X

Help
Image Read Online Guide

Changelog 0.2.0
- Added support for World Maps
- Added customizable item tilesets
- Added "name" field into NPC customizer for defining the NPC's name
- Fixed zombie bug: application process will correctly end work when closed
- Invisible frames of some items are now visible!
- Square fill tool button will appear on the toolbar when you switch the placing mode
- Apply/Cancel buttons of resizing process available on the toolbar
- Fixed initial map positions on open/create files
- Added settings for the item toolbox tabs: you can display them horizontally or vertically
- Improved LVL parser: ordering/layering format <10 will automatically set BGO sorting priority for BGO 65 and boss flag for NPC-15, 39 and 86.
- Added overwrite mode: all overlapping items will be removed when placing a new item in the same location
- Improved Square Fill tool: you will see yellow rectangles, which show where the new items will be placed
- Fixed "add layer" dialog. Now if you try to define an already existing layer, you will be asked to input a different layer name
- Added point selection dialog. You can select a point from a world map directly to the warp on the level.
- Added dialogs and GUI executables for console tools like GIFs2PNG and LazyFixTool
- Mouse control for level editing workspace was improved. Fixed a lot of bugs and fixed context menus on Linux systems.
- Custom graphics will display even if they are not in a "Custom" category
- Item animation has been improved
- The drawing algorithm for sizable blocks has been improved: Sizable blocks will be displayed correctly in any size.
- Added support for animation sequences, which allows more flexible animations for NPC's
- Better scrolling by keyboard and by mouse wheel. (Added new hot-keys)
- Added zoom support by mouse-wheel and ALT key.
- Added PNG2GIFs converter which creates masked GIF images from a PNG image with transparency
- Added Italian translation
- Design of warp points and physical environment zones are improved, also magenta-colored bounding box has been changed to Crimson
- Added debugger box
- Background-selecting list now has thumbnails for previewing!
Feature Descriptions & Screenshots

The editor now has a fully compatible, feature-packed world map editor:

Configuration manager:
You can switch between different configurations and data packs, which is very organized and convenient. Each configuration pack can contain its own music, graphics, sound effects, NPCs, etc. This is perfect for working on many different projects and episodes.

Editor's Splash screen customization:
Each configuration pack can have a unique splash logo (you can set them in the main.ini in the [gui] section)
with the ability to use ANY image with ANY size!

Resizing mode buttons on the toolbar
You can apply or cancel resize by clicking on these buttons:
Better NPC Editor
Fixed a lot of bugs with animation, and animator will now accurately and correctly render custom NPCs.
Additionally, you can define the name of your custom NPC, which will be displayed in the editor.
Better square fill tool
You can now see the location where items will be placed, before you actually place them. Also, you can overlap blocks, items, etc, and you can use the square fill tool for quickly filling large areas:
SMBX Like Tileset item box
The editor features an editable and flexible tileset item box, you have the freedom to edit anything!
to use them, open a [view -> Tileset Item box] menuitem
Line tool!
Draw slopes, bridges, and walls easier!
Overwrite mode
Draw over everything! With overwrite mode, you have the powerful ability to draw/place items over all objects in the same location.
All console tools have GUI executables which will help you use these tools easier!

Better sizable block render algorithm
Your sizable blocks can have ANY size, even sizes that are not multiples of 32, which would cause glitches in SMBX.
Added debugger box
You can see your current mouse position, jump to any position on the map/level, and much more!
Easy creation of level-to-map warps
If you want to create a warp from a level into the world map, you can grab a point from the world map easily and directly!
See, you don't need to manually enter map coordinates any more! Now, you can simply click a point on the world map.
Zoom feature
A useful feature to place items more accurately in the "no grid snap" mode, or to view the whole map at once without needing to export it into an image!

Enjoy the new Beta release, and thank you for all the support you guys have given so far!
Last edited by Wohlstand on Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Re: Alternate Editor for SMBX [Beta]

Postby glitch4 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:32 pm

Best tool designer ever. I... have no words what to say about. !doge

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy

Postby Aero » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:44 pm

This is some pretty impressive stuff. Keep up the good work!

Veudekato
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Veudekato » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:47 am

nice. now its fully replace smbx editor. and better
My channel (news about PlatGEnWohl , PlatGEnWohl tutorials,LunaDll ,and SMBX tests):
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6h-42umT14iR1wa3VkOs3Q

If you want to make full screenshot of your level (big screenshot - screen of whole section) , just tell me via PM!

SMBXRaptor
Rex
Rex

Postby SMBXRaptor » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:27 am

ye cool. this is sticked!
Image Image Image Image Image Image

sorry for bad english , im have some psyhical problems..sorry..

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab

Postby underFlo » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:03 am

Does this fix the world map bug for sceneries 33 and up vanilla SMBX had?
im a girl yo

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby h2643 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:06 am

As I said before, yes.

Return to “Pit of 100 Pages”