Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Topics that have reached 100 pages.
User avatar
Destiny
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 568
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:40 pm
Flair: Giving up on every project since 2013 :D
Contact:

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby Destiny » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:45 pm

Swinder wrote:
Destiny wrote:
Spoiler: show
Image
I'm not going to beg for feedback, but if ya want to give some...
Needs some more coins...

In all seriousness,it looks pretty cool,but why so many coins?
My project is kinda based on NSMB2, but I guess I could remove some.
Image

User avatar
Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Posts: 1569
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:59 am
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby Waddle » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:17 pm

Destiny wrote:
Swinder wrote:
Destiny wrote:
Spoiler: show
Image
I'm not going to beg for feedback, but if ya want to give some...
Needs some more coins...

In all seriousness,it looks pretty cool,but why so many coins?
My project is kinda based on NSMB2, but I guess I could remove some.
The amount of coins seems fine to me.
Image

User avatar
lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1820
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:28 am
Current Project: Soundtrack stuff

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby lighthouse64 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:38 pm

Ok, yes I know that level has a crap load of clash, but that's the point. It's supposed to pretty much be about mini mario escaping through all of this clash trash to his house.

(I took off auto-alignment)
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

User avatar
Dracyoshi
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:04 pm

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby Dracyoshi » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:08 am

I'm going to be honest, the background could use some work. Do what you can to make it less repetitive and lower the horizon a little.
The snowy trees seem to be a tad too bright, but I love the colors that you chose for the hills. Adding some more contrast to the shading of the trees should fix the problem.
Waddle Derp wrote:
Destiny wrote: My project is kinda based on NSMB2, but I guess I could remove some.
The amount of coins seems fine to me.
Yeah, the total isn't that bad, but there are too many coins that require no effort to collect. A few no-effort coins are fine here and there, but that's a bit too much.

User avatar
TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Posts: 2596
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:16 pm
Flair: Info under raps
Current Project: A quirky lil episode
Chat Username: Augustus

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby TLtimelord » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:29 am

Swinder wrote:
Destiny wrote:
Spoiler: show
Image
I'm not going to beg for feedback, but if ya want to give some...
Needs some more coins...

In all seriousness,it looks pretty cool,but why so many coins?
The coin placement/anount is just fine. The bigger issue is the colors of that forsaken background.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

User avatar
Mikepjr
Rex
Rex
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:55 am

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby Mikepjr » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:58 am

Swinder wrote:
In all seriousness,it looks pretty cool,but why so many coins?
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
I was already working on a kirby tileset, i just have not finished it yet.
I like yours though.
I need to finish mine.
But RPG Maker MV and Super Mario Maker came out and ended up drawing my attention away ...

User avatar
Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2142
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:07 pm
Current Project: Project planned; waiting for SMBX2 Beta 4

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby Murphmario » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:43 am

lighthouse64 wrote:Ok, yes I know that level has a crap load of clash, but that's the point. It's supposed to pretty much be about mini mario escaping through all of this clash trash to his house.

(I took off auto-alignment)
I probably wouldn't play that. Not because of the clash, it's because your using SMBX 1.4.1. to make it, which is complex to install.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8453
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby Enjl » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:49 am

Mikepjr wrote:
Swinder wrote:
In all seriousness,it looks pretty cool,but why so many coins?
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
I was already working on a kirby tileset, i just have not finished it yet.
I like yours though.
I need to finish mine.
But RPG Maker MV and Super Mario Maker came out and ended up drawing my attention away ...
Bruh


I made that tileset.
The ABC of Creation
________________________________________________________
Image

User avatar
lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1820
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:28 am
Current Project: Soundtrack stuff

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby lighthouse64 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:05 am

Murphmario wrote:
lighthouse64 wrote:Ok, yes I know that level has a crap load of clash, but that's the point. It's supposed to pretty much be about mini mario escaping through all of this clash trash to his house.

(I took off auto-alignment)
I probably wouldn't play that. Not because of the clash, it's because your using SMBX 1.4.1. to make it, which is complex to install.
Not really... It took me just 2 steps
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

User avatar
Snowburger
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:35 pm
Current Project: Super Mario - Mushroom Conflict

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby Snowburger » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:10 am

Mikepjr wrote:
Swinder wrote:
In all seriousness,it looks pretty cool,but why so many coins?
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
I was already working on a kirby tileset, i just have not finished it yet.
I like yours though.
I need to finish mine.
But RPG Maker MV and Super Mario Maker came out and ended up drawing my attention away ...
I believe Enjl made that tileset,I just found it from M and L's Delightful Adventure...
Insert IRC quotes here.
Previously know as Snowburger
Image

I support:
Image
Image

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2570
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby glitch4 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:17 pm

Image

first level from my 2014 secret revived project.

User avatar
HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2846
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 pm
Flair: Is this where I type my password?
Contact:

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby HenryRichard » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:55 pm

...is that a flying bush?
Jesus is my savior.

User avatar
Mikepjr
Rex
Rex
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:55 am

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby Mikepjr » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:02 am

Enjl wrote:
Mikepjr wrote:
Swinder wrote:
In all seriousness,it looks pretty cool,but why so many coins?
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
I was already working on a kirby tileset, i just have not finished it yet.
I like yours though.
I need to finish mine.
But RPG Maker MV and Super Mario Maker came out and ended up drawing my attention away ...
Bruh


I made that tileset.
Bruh?
That english?
And okay, i get confused with how quotes get at times.
But the tiles are clearly from Kirby's Adventure, and i was doing a similar tileset.. never finished.. making tiles for SMBX is heacache inducing cause it's not done in sets.. it's done in individual squares and it gives me a headache.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8453
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby Enjl » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:06 am

Mikepjr wrote: Bruh?
That english?
And okay, i get confused with how quotes get at times.
But the tiles are clearly from Kirby's Adventure, and i was doing a similar tileset.. never finished.. making tiles for SMBX is heacache inducing cause it's not done in sets.. it's done in individual squares and it gives me a headache.
Yeah, mine's pretty much a coloured version of the Black and White tileset from the first Kirby game.

Also The only problem I have with SMBX is that importing tiles always takes hours. And ironically, if you don't use a spritesheet, it'll take even longer.
The ABC of Creation
________________________________________________________
Image

User avatar
Mikepjr
Rex
Rex
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:55 am

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby Mikepjr » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:58 am

Enjl wrote:
Mikepjr wrote: Bruh?
That english?
And okay, i get confused with how quotes get at times.
But the tiles are clearly from Kirby's Adventure, and i was doing a similar tileset.. never finished.. making tiles for SMBX is heacache inducing cause it's not done in sets.. it's done in individual squares and it gives me a headache.
Yeah, mine's pretty much a coloured version of the Black and White tileset from the first Kirby game.

Also The only problem I have with SMBX is that importing tiles always takes hours. And ironically, if you don't use a spritesheet, it'll take even longer.
That drives me nuts to.
I'm used to the RPG Maker Method.
Tons of things in a big sheet to work from, as well as auto tiles where you draw the landscape.. in fact Super Mario Maker does that with it's landscape tiles.
I keep hoping someone somewhere out there is improving how you do these sorts of things in SMBX..

User avatar
Snowburger
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:35 pm
Current Project: Super Mario - Mushroom Conflict

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby Snowburger » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:35 pm

Making a cave level using Maury300's sexy cave tileset!
Image
Insert IRC quotes here.
Previously know as Snowburger
Image

I support:
Image
Image

User avatar
Dracyoshi
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:04 pm

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby Dracyoshi » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:15 pm

Mikepjr wrote: That drives me nuts to.
I'm used to the RPG Maker Method.
Tons of things in a big sheet to work from, as well as auto tiles where you draw the landscape.. in fact Super Mario Maker does that with it's landscape tiles.
I keep hoping someone somewhere out there is improving how you do these sorts of things in SMBX..
Check this out. It's not perfect, but it's a huge time saver for creating tilesets.
Swinder wrote:Making a cave level using Maury300's sexy cave tileset!
http://i.imgur.com/TkuVi38.png
Looks great, but the water is unnaturally bright for a dim cave.

User avatar
h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:23 am
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/hnumbers

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby h2643 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:23 pm

Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
TheKingOfBoos
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:16 pm
Current Project: ROIP

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby TheKingOfBoos » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:35 pm

h2643 wrote:
Spoiler: show
Image
Um 1x1 pixels in the bottom right much :P
<TheKingOfBoos> I don't speak non-american, shadowstar, I have no idea how hot that is
<Kogasa> it's like 92-93 in patriot units
<Merve> TKOB for next mod
Support the GGP! Put this in your signature!
Image
Image
I support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1778
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881
Contact:

Re: Screenshot thread number NEIN (9)

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:38 pm

h2643 wrote:
Spoiler: show
Image
Ha! Andrey Danilko (aka Verka Serd'uchka) :mrgreen:
EDIT: I even have a link especially for this case: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK6pJlSJK0w
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers


Return to “Pit of 100 Pages”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests