We decided on making this contest seasonal. A new one is hosted every three months. This one is the Autumn contest. It's been three months since I posted Level Contest 8 so you could say that was the Summer contest.
After having to delay the results by a couple of days due to Quill being busy, here are the results, finally! I am going to sleep maybe 3 hours tonight because I stayed up until 3AM so I could post the results sooner, just for you! I hope you're happy! (There may be fuck-ups that I'll have to fix later as I'm actually doing this half asleep) I want to thank the judges for completing the judging with grace and doing such a good job, you're really awesome! Now, I present you the winner of the worst level award! Scroll wayyyyyy down...
(I'm afraid Mario's level had to be disqualified, he'd published his level prior to the contest.)
How it will be run
You'll submit a level (that meets the criteria stated under Rules) before the deadline, and after that the judges will take a week or so reviewing them. Each level will have a score on a scale of 0.00-10.00 and will be given a short review from all the judges. To make sure everyone gets the same amount of reviews, I will act as a back-up judge who will judge the levels that one of the judges can't review for some reason. The development of Tower of Biased 8, the episode that connects every submission, will also have started at this point. DarkMatt will give the winner a couple of Steam games again because nobody claimed them in the last contest.
- You may only submit one level.
- You must submit the level before the deadline.
- It has to be made by you and you alone.
- The level must be complete and completeable.
- The level has to end with a Star (or the exit can be anything but a Star must be obtained in order to reach it). It can have an additional secret star but no more than two stars in total. This is for our convenience when we build Tower of Biased.
- The level can't end the game.
- Do not use music that goes beyond 6 minutes.
- You may not reveal any details about the level to the public before the judges are done judging all the levels. This includes showing screenshots of the level prior to this announcement. You may not submit a level that you've posted screenshots of, or videos for that matter.
- Don't put your name on any of the files.
- LunaDLL isn't allowed as it's still a bit too complicated to the majority and those who know how it works would be in an advantage.
- By submitting a level you agree that it will be in Tower of Biased 8.
And don't forget to test your level. You have no idea how many submissions with incorrect start positions and warp directions we get every time! And make sure you don't place the (optional) secret star in the same section as the exit star. One section can only have one star or only the other one will add to the star counter. You may update your submission (send it to me again) until the deadline.
How to submit a level
- Put your level in a ZIP along with the optional custom graphics folder and custom music.
- Please don't put the files in another folder before archiving because I will have to move them out afterwards and that's more unnecessary work for me.
- You may include a readme with tips if you want. But please put credit files in the graphics folder, I only want critical info regarding the gameplay next to the levels themselves.
- LIKE THIS
- Archive your level as shown above. Don't put the level, music or the possible readme inside the custom graphics folder as I have to move it out and it slows down the process unnecessarily. Make sure the custom graphics folder and the level have the exact same name as otherwise the custom graphics won't display in the level.
- Give your level a unique name. Don't name it "Level" or "Contest" as that just makes organizing the levels a pain and at worst levels will get overwritten because they have the same names.
- Name the custom music as shown above. Here's an example. If it's the desert theme from New Super Mario Bros. Wii, don't name it "Desert" or "Custom music" because it could overwrite an existing custom music with the same name when I pack the levels for the judges. Renaming songs and then making sure they still work in the correct levels is extremely time-consuming. So do this instead: name it nsmbw-desert.mp3. That's a great way to prevent overwrites, and if somebody happens to use the same music, the overwrite is actually beneficial as the double song will be eliminated and the package size will be reduced.
- Don't name your readme just "Readme" either because, again, that'll definitely cause overwrites. Put the name of your level in the beginning of the name as shown above.
- Please name the .zip after the level, too.
- LIKE THIS
- Please make sure none of the NPC codes have decimal values. They cause problems and slow down the judging/TOB progress significantly.
- Send your level to me in a Private Message. I will direct them to the judges.
October 13th, 22:00 GMT/UTC.
Will bold those who have submitted their reviews.
Those who submitted are bolded.
Super Maks 64
Valtries the Fox
Tier 1 Places 71-76 Continues in http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=6424