Level Contest 9: The Autumn Contest

Topics that have reached 100 pages.
mariofan 64
Blooper
Blooper
Current Project: stuff in rpg maker and arc 1 of mario videos

Re: Level Contest 9: The Judging Period

Postby mariofan 64 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:18 am

HealthyMario wrote:Its quite sad that not many people actually player tower of biased 7 except bossedit8 (for now)
I think that will probably be the same case in this one
Maybe because some ToB games require bad levels to be played just to progress to the good ones. There's not many secrets, screenies, or serious levels/bosses until tier 3, maybe 4. I never played them, but I'm making logical guesses. Just by reading some of these posts and ToB7 posts, some people don't wanna try making a good level or making a brand new level. Some want tough, others want easy, more want good and bad, and you see unique bosses, but people want most is to see the worst and best levels. I don't blame them. Difficulty, as described in an episode, is not seen properly in ToB. Maybe another reason why people won't play it. Odds are it's because of download size, too.
I has youtube now...with some activity :D

Projects: Infinite Mario Bros. For PGE (On the PGE Website, of course) (temp hiatus for other projects, see second link in spoiler for details)
----------RPG games, not related to Mario at all :/
----------A ???? game made in Gamemaker.

Completed: Schedules, Plans, Pages, And Other Things

Processing...Processing...Completed. See message below:
Spoiler: show
Mario Infinity: Quest to Stabilize the World (WIP)
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=568
FACEBOOKS:
https://www.facebook.com/EBTKSPaddy
MAI PATREON:
https://www.patreon.com/ebtkspaddy
MAH FRIEND'S YOUTUBES WHERE ME AND MAH FRIEND'S ARE AT:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRoSEH ... rVJdozjwUA

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: The Twilight Star

Postby Kyo » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:21 am

mariofan 64 wrote:Maybe because some ToB games require bad levels to be played just to progress to the good ones.
That's correct. There are too many bad, difficult and interesting levels required to play. That's why barely anyone finishes a ToB episode completely without cheating.

as303298
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby as303298 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:25 pm

The reason why I stopped LPing the TOB series was because of 5 separate factors:
1- You were expected, EXPECTED, to play through the shitty tier 2 (and sometimes tier 1) before any level became even remotely enjoyable to play. And even then, your enthusiasm for the levels and hope for the towers' shenanigans are way beyond crushed.
2- Star Counter: Broken. That's all I need to say.
3- People are practically refusing to make a good level. Those that do, like myself, do it for fun (getting placed in Tiers 3-5). The new community members get placed in Tier 2, then the random and veteran users get the top tiers. THEN, we have assholes that make a stupid joke level and waste everyone else s time. <--- THAT is what kills it for me. The only joke level I played was some forum-based one that was actually cleverly made...the rest weren't even worth knowing the name of.
4- Once you do get up to the top tiers...the levels become so amazing you just can't imagine who would win. When you do get to the winning level....its an annoying level with tons of projectile spam. (I could be completely wrong given I haven't finished half of the games....but it still annoys me!)
5- I can't keep track of the damn numbers of the actual towers. Personally, I think each tower should have its own surname just so people can remember AND reference it easily.
Last edited by as303298 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The SMBX Let's Player, as303298 / Wraith Admanknight
Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/as303298?feature=mhee

Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: Martyr of SMBXdom
Chat Username: Aristo

Postby Aristo » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:28 pm

as303298 wrote:The reason why I stopped LPing the TOB series was because of 5 separate factors:
1- You were expected, EXPECTED, to play through the shitty tier 2 (and sometimes tier 1) before any level became even remotely enjoyable to play. And even then, your enthusiasm for the levels and hope for the towers' shenanigans are way beyond crushed.
3- People are practically refusing to make a good level. Those that do, like myself, do it for fun (getting placed in Tiers 3-5). The new community members get placed in Tier 2, then the random and veteran users get the top tiers. THEN, we have assholes that make a stupid joke level and waste everyone else s time. <--- THAT is what kills it for me. The only joke level I played was some forum-based one that was actually cleverly made...the rest weren't even worth knowing the name of.
4- Once you do get up to the top tiers...the levels become so amazing you just can't imagine who would win. When you do get to the winning level....its an annoying level with tons of projectile spam. (I could be completely wrong given I haven't finished half of the games....but it still annoys me!)
5- I can't keep track of the damn numbers of the actual towers. Personally, each tower should have its own surname just so people can remember AND reference it easily.
Yeah I basically agree on most of these points.

Also I think giving the towers individual names would actually be a good idea. Maybe we could start this with the current one (in case you read this Quill?)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:45 pm

as303298 wrote:1- You were expected, EXPECTED, to play through the shitty tier 2 (and sometimes tier 1) before any level became even remotely enjoyable to play. And even then, your enthusiasm for the levels and hope for the towers' shenanigans are way beyond crushed.
Tier 2 should have the first pretty good levels, but have many average ones, so I agree with this. Maybe putting every average and trash can levels in tier 1 would be a good idea?
as303298 wrote:2- Star Counter: Broken. That's all I need to say.
I didn't find any problems with the star count in the older ToBs, but in the last one finding all the stars in every level from tier 2-7 is quite annoying.
as303298 wrote:3- People are practically refusing to make a good level. Those that do, like myself, do it for fun (getting placed in Tiers 3-5). The new community members get placed in Tier 2, then the random and veteran users get the top tiers. THEN, we have assholes that make a stupid joke level and waste everyone else s time. <--- THAT is what kills it for me. The only joke level I played was some forum-based one that was actually cleverly made...the rest weren't even worth knowing the name of.
That's why joke levels go to tier 1, but yeah, people who partecipate just for submit are bad joke level are a bit annoying.
as303298 wrote:4- Once you do get up to the top tiers...the levels become so amazing you just can't imagine who would win. When you do get to the winning level....its an annoying level with tons of projectile spam. (I could be completely wrong given I haven't finished half of the games....but it still annoys me!)
I didn't see any problems about the last level in the last 3 ToBs, but I heard that the last level in some other contests were bad.
as303298 wrote:5- I can't keep track of the damn numbers of the actual towers. Personally, each tower should have its own surname just so people can remember AND reference it easily.
Giving each ToB a name would be a good idea and I'd like to see it implemented. Also, I agree that people can remember it easily.
im bored

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:24 pm

as303298 wrote:1- You were expected, EXPECTED, to play through the shitty tier 2 (and sometimes tier 1) before any level became even remotely enjoyable to play. And even then, your enthusiasm for the levels and hope for the towers' shenanigans are way beyond crushed.
We'll just distribute a complete save file for those who aren't interested in completing every level.
as303298 wrote:2- Star Counter: Broken. That's all I need to say.
what
as303298 wrote:3- People are practically refusing to make a good level. Those that do, like myself, do it for fun (getting placed in Tiers 3-5). The new community members get placed in Tier 2, then the random and veteran users get the top tiers. THEN, we have assholes that make a stupid joke level and waste everyone else s time. <--- THAT is what kills it for me. The only joke level I played was some forum-based one that was actually cleverly made...the rest weren't even worth knowing the name of.
Are you suggesting that we're biased towards old users? The levels are sent to the judges anonymously to prevent just that. I do agree it's annoying that some people try to intentionally ruin the collection of levels by making the worst level they can. But those never end up in the obligatory tiers.
as303298 wrote:4- Once you do get up to the top tiers...the levels become so amazing you just can't imagine who would win. When you do get to the winning level....its an annoying level with tons of projectile spam. (I could be completely wrong given I haven't finished half of the games....but it still annoys me!)
This happened once... when reghrhre won the third contest.
as303298 wrote:5- I can't keep track of the damn numbers of the actual towers. Personally, I think each tower should have its own surname just so people can remember AND reference it easily.
Coming up with a distinctive name for each tower would be a good idea actually.

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:34 pm

as303298 wrote:The reason why I stopped LPing the TOB series was because of 5 separate factors:
5- I can't keep track of the damn numbers of the actual towers. Personally, I think each tower should have its own surname just so people can remember AND reference it easily.
1. This is true, but I think it was fixed.
2. How is it broken exactly? I've only played ToB 1-5 :/
3. I agree, but there have been joke levels that I enjoy (Cool Hills)
4. This was the case in ToB2, but not so much the others.
5. Keeping track of the floor numbers isn't TOO hard, but it could be made easier. This is part of the reason why I liked the town idea, with separate buildings.
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

Radishl
Banned
Current Project: Super Mario Hero

Postby Radishl » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:32 pm

Turtwig wrote:
5. Keeping track of the floor numbers isn't TOO hard, but it could be made easier. This is part of the reason why I liked the town idea, with separate buildings.
I think he's referring to the episodes not the tiers.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:49 am

Radishl wrote:
Turtwig wrote:
I think he's referring to the episodes not the tiers.

The only resins people slip up is that the newest one split the tower into towers. I think he is reddening to episode name as well, but both would help, but tower of bias 8 did this though!

ImageImageImage

Magna
Banned
Current Project: Soon to be announced! (When PGE releases an engine that is)

Postby Magna » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:47 am

Can at least one of the judges do the "guess" thing where they try to guess who made the level, if it's not too late yet.
Join this great chill forum here: http://forums.krazynet.net

SuperMario7
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Super Mario Legends Part I

Postby SuperMario7 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:11 am

Magna wrote:Can at least one of the judges do the "guess" thing where they try to guess who made the level, if it's not too late yet.
Yeah, I agree. This would be fun to see. =P
Check out my current project that I am making with DarkMecha!

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:59 am

Magna wrote:Can at least one of the judges do the "guess" thing where they try to guess who made the level, if it's not too late yet.
I'd like to see this another time. I'd like also to see who the judges guessed about my level.
im bored

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:03 am

9 reviews left before I'm done. -.-
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:13 am

zlakerboy357 wrote:9 reviews left before I'm done. -.-
Is Quill finished? I cannot wait for the results :D
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:54 am

Turtwig wrote:
zlakerboy357 wrote:9 reviews left before I'm done. -.-
Is Quill finished? I cannot wait for the results :D
I've no idea.
I make art lol

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:05 am

It is better to wait until the results are finished. We shouldn't let anything gone impatient here because that won't really help. Really.

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:54 am

bossedit8 wrote:It is better to wait until the results are finished. We shouldn't let anything gone impatient here because that won't really help. Really.
True, true. Hopefully it'll be done by tomorrow.

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:02 am

Well I just sent in my reviews. So I'm pretty happy now.
I make art lol

moemoe02
Rex
Rex

Postby moemoe02 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:47 am

Now that we have 4/5 of the judges done, it looks like we're waiting for 1 judge now and I really want to see the results BAD! But at least today is the day that we get the teir 1 results revealed later today! Maybe if that judge were waiting for is done, then we should get the results, maybe the remaining judge left should spoil somewhere in his signature how many levels he's judged, so we don't worry about the amount of levels he's judged, I also hope that the judging doesn't get extended because like I said about seeing the results.
PLEASE READ THIS:
Spoiler: show
1. I only let board administrators lock my topics, if you ask me if you wanna lock a topic made by me, PLEASE ASK
2. NO E-MAILING, only private message me
<bossedit8> WHAT IS WITH THESE DONUTS SERIOUSLY?

Magna
Banned
Current Project: Soon to be announced! (When PGE releases an engine that is)

Postby Magna » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:51 am

Actually I think the results will be coming in tomorrow.
Join this great chill forum here: http://forums.krazynet.net

Return to “Pit of 100 Pages”