Super Mario Bros. 2 (3-3)

This is the place to post levels that are made just for fun.
18SEVERLY
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Super Mario Bros. 2 (3-3)

Postby 18SEVERLY » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:10 pm

The level is: Super Mario Bros. 2 World 3-3.

SCREENSHOTS:

Screenshot 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfylpchzmby5p ... 1.PNG?dl=0
Screenshot 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gv2sr11wb04rz ... 2.PNG?dl=0

Now, the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7sfbltlnvxve ... 3.zip?dl=0

Notice on how there is some problems. Veggies can't float, so they fall, and watch out for those spiny ball things! Anyway, hope anyone will rate this. :D

Changelog:

v1.0 Inital Release
v1.1 Quick Update: Stupid me, forgot to add the music.

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Re: Super Mario Bros. 2 (3-3)

Postby JupiHornet » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:23 am

Level downloaded, review will come later.
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:14 am

sorry for double post, I couldn't delete the first

UNOFFICIAL REVIEW of Super Mario Bros. 2 (3-3) by 18SEVERLY

This was...a rather interesting level, I guess.

Design (3/10)
I see that you were trying to replicate one of my least favorite levels of SMB2 Level 3-3, but you did so quite poorly. There should have been custom graphics to replace someof the enemies, as well as the pipes. Look at Sednauir's SMB2 Extended pack. Also, since you can't jump through those light blue blocks like in SMB2, some parts of the level were overly annoying. The boss was alright, but part of the background (on the very right) is broken.

Atmosphere (0.2/10)
I'm sorry, but this level is not appealing visually. Like, at ALL. The points you get here are for the first couple of sections, which actually looked pretty nice. However, nearly everything else was a pretty big eyesore. The outside of the castle is just a bunch of those SMB1 castle BGOs, the inside is a spam of those blue SMB2 lego blocks (with an SMB3 background?) and the outside section is a bunch of the red lego blocks with some SMB1 bridges. And like I said before, custom graphics needed to e used on some of the enemies and pipes, and the overall tileset, so the level actually LOOKS like an SMB2 level. The SMB1 playable also didn't fit, and looked pretty bad.

Other Comments: Uh, I don't really have any.

Overall 1.6/10 (The Trash Can)
Sorry, dude, but this level is so poorly executed all around that I can't really score it any better. Just remember, keep trying and you can do this :D
Last edited by JupiHornet on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

18SEVERLY
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby 18SEVERLY » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:33 am

Turtwig wrote:sorry for double post, I couldn't delete the first

UNOFFICIAL REVIEW of Super Mario Bros. 2 (3-3) by 18SEVERLY

This was...a rather interesting level, I guess.

Design (3/10)
I see that you were trying to replicate one of my least favorite levels of SMB2 Level 3-3, but you did so quite poorly. There should have been custom graphics to replace someof the enemies, as well as the pipes. Look at Sednauir's SMB2 Extended pack. Also, since you can't jump through those light blue blocks like in SMB2, some parts of the level were overly annoying. The boss was alright, but part of the background (on the very right) is broken.

Atmosphere (0.2/10)
I'm sorry, but this level is not appealing visually. Like, at ALL. The points you get here are for the first couple of sections, which actually looked pretty nice. However, nearly everything else was a pretty big eyesore. The outside of the castle is just a bunch of those SMB1 castle BGOs, the inside is a spam of those blue SMB2 lego blocks (with an SMB3 background?) and the outside section is a bunch of the red lego blocks with some SMB1 bridges. And like I said before, custom graphics needed to e used on some of the enemies and pipes, and the overall tileset, so the level actually LOOKS like an SMB2 level. The SMB1 playable also didn't fit, and looked pretty bad.

Other Comments: Uh, I don't really have any.

Overall 1.6/10 (The Trash Can)
Sorry, dude, but this level is so poorly executed all around that I can't really score it any better. Just remember, keep trying and you can do this :D
Thanks, it's just that I couldn't find that graphic pack. What else is that: The original link for the graphics is removed somehow... (I meant to say Sednauir's SMB2 Extended pack) Let's just hope he fixes the link.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:39 pm

Moved to Casual bc this looks like a mere remake.

Also, you could just contact Sednaiur about the missing link.
im a girl yo

Return to “Casual Levels”