Im sooo confused about lunalua..

This is the place for discussion and support for LunaLua and related modifications and libraries.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Creasion
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Im sooo confused about lunalua..

Postby Creasion » Thu May 26, 2016 12:41 pm

Must you download Lua language before you can write code in lunalua....

Where do you write code in lunalua .-. I've yet to find an explanation on this.

Help me out, i'm clueless..

EDIT: Derp, just noticed I posted this in wrong sub forum.

Anyways, ignore that a mod will prob fix it, and help me out.
There is nothing impossible to him who will try

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Im sooo confused about lunalua..

Postby Enjl » Thu May 26, 2016 1:20 pm

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Creasion
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Creasion » Thu May 26, 2016 1:38 pm

Creasion wrote:Must you download Lua language before you can write code in lunalua....

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Thu May 26, 2016 1:51 pm

Creasion wrote:
Creasion wrote:Must you download Lua language before you can write code in lunalua....
(aka everything's answered in that page)
im a girl yo

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Thu May 26, 2016 2:00 pm

Creasion wrote:
There's a paragraph about setup on the page I linked. Considering this is a tutorial and it doesn't mention having to set up the lua language by yourself, you can proooobably draw the conclusion that it's not required.
Besides, even if you didn't come to that conclusion on your own, a simple attempt at writing lunalua code by following this tutorial would bring you to it.
ImageImageImageImage

Creasion
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Creasion » Thu May 26, 2016 2:26 pm

Enjl wrote:
Creasion wrote:
There's a paragraph about setup on the page I linked. Considering this is a tutorial and it doesn't mention having to set up the lua language by yourself, you can proooobably draw the conclusion that it's not required.
Besides, even if you didn't come to that conclusion on your own, a simple attempt at writing lunalua code by following this tutorial would bring you to it.

Thanks. I just appreciate when people actually help me by telling me themselves instead of just showing a link, a simple yes or no isn't too demanding is it?

atleast assume I've already attempted reading those pages before hand

Thanks anyways.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Thu May 26, 2016 2:46 pm

A simple "yes" doesn't give me confirmation that you actually understood everything regarding the topic. I don't want to vaguely answer one question just to figure out there is another one which is related to the same issue.
Linking a page has the benefit of showing people where they can find information if they forget it, and it encourages not acting like a king and relying on other people to do everything for you. Search engines and online sources are powerful tools which not enough people utilise, and if you know how and where to look for what you need you'll ALWAYS get a better answer than a short "yes or no" without explanation.

It doesn't matter if I assumed you read them beforehand. I was just pointing you directly to the source so you'd know that the information is there. Missing the paragraph, the point of the paragraph or missing the page are the same thing in this situation.

I suggest you drop your high and mighty attitude.
You're welcome anyways.
ImageImageImageImage

Creasion
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Creasion » Thu May 26, 2016 3:46 pm

Enjl wrote:A simple "yes" doesn't give me confirmation that you actually understood everything regarding the topic. I don't want to vaguely answer one question just to figure out there is another one which is related to the same issue.
Linking a page has the benefit of showing people where they can find information if they forget it, and it encourages not acting like a king and relying on other people to do everything for you. Search engines and online sources are powerful tools which not enough people utilise, and if you know how and where to look for what you need you'll ALWAYS get a better answer than a short "yes or no" without explanation.

It doesn't matter if I assumed you read them beforehand. I was just pointing you directly to the source so you'd know that the information is there. Missing the paragraph, the point of the paragraph or missing the page are the same thing in this situation.

You're welcome anyways.

As much as I appreciate you helping me out, I honestly understand what this is about now. You somehow believe that somehow receiving information quick and efficiently without researching much into said thing is somehow being ''lazy'' or ''relying on people too much''

Look, times have changed and the main purpose of the internet is to find quick and efficient information and yes information given to you. That is in fact one of the main reasons for messaging boards.

Also the question being asked was as simple as it gets, ''should one download lua language to write lunalua code''

a simple yes or no is better than 10 minutes or even 30 of trying to interpret what those tutorials are saying. Especially if this person has very little knowledge of coding and whatnot.

What you should do next time is answer the question, and then go on to recommend them the links provided. I don't think it was your intent, but when you simply give someone a link to '' go educate themselves'' it comes across as snarky and narcissistic.

Again i'm just saying how it came across as to me, no need to be hostile or anything.

Apologize if I came off the way you described.

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: The Twilight Star

Postby Kyo » Thu May 26, 2016 4:07 pm

Enjl wrote:A simple "yes" doesn't give me confirmation that you actually understood everything regarding the topic. I don't want to vaguely answer one question just to figure out there is another one which is related to the same issue.

You're welcome anyways.
You're overreacting. It's perfectly understandable that someone would prefer a direct answer over a standalone link to a tutorial, and that is definitely not a "high and mighty attitude". I would say acting that way towards someone who fails to comprehend at what you comprehend is a much better example a bad attitude. So how about you drop that instead? Because obviously nobody appreciates it.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Thu May 26, 2016 4:34 pm

I think you take this way to serious.

Return to “LunaLua”