Link Health System for Other Characters

This is the place for discussion and support for LunaLua and related modifications and libraries.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Smibbix
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: I can't tell you just yet, but let's just say it's pretty funkatronic...
Chat Username: Smibbix

Link Health System for Other Characters

Postby Smibbix » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:25 am

So, I've been trying to add 16-bit versions of Doki Doki Panic characters into SMBX, but I realized a key problem... They don't have small forms!
Is it possible to make characters like Mario and Luigi not power down into their small form, so they take damage as Link does? And, if possible, have the heart HUD too?
cat planet cat planet cat planet!!!

I Support:
Spoiler: show

Haha, wrong forum.
Great Quotes:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote: These used other people levels withouth their permission? I don't know if it's wrong if the big heads of the forums make it
Enjl wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:27 am
The only palette people care about is the SMB3 palette.
smbx GaMERDoG wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 am
These tomatoes weren't debugged properly!
Horikawa Otane wrote: Image

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Link Health System for Other Characters

Postby Enjl » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:56 am

Link loses HP just like Toad and Peach do. His small form just looks just like his big form. Heart HUD for Mario sounds a bit rough since he tries to go into powerdown when taking a hit, but can probably be achieved through clever management of the player.powerup field and the powerdown forced animation state at offset 0x122 ( https://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/SMBX_Player_Offsets )
Please do not use any of my assets (graphics, scripts) in works affiliated with the Novaverse. This applies to the original releases of those assets as well as any third-party variations (recolours, script alterations). Thank you.

The ABC of Creation

Smibbix
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: I can't tell you just yet, but let's just say it's pretty funkatronic...
Chat Username: Smibbix

Postby Smibbix » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:01 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:56 am
Link loses HP just like Toad and Peach do. His small form just looks just like his big form. Heart HUD for Mario sounds a bit rough since he tries to go into powerdown when taking a hit, but can probably be achieved through clever management of the player.powerup field and the powerdown forced animation state at offset 0x122 ( https://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/SMBX_Player_Offsets )
Oh, that actually makes way more sense than what I was thinking! Thanks.
cat planet cat planet cat planet!!!

I Support:

Haha, wrong forum.
Great Quotes:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote: These used other people levels withouth their permission? I don't know if it's wrong if the big heads of the forums make it
Enjl wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:27 am
The only palette people care about is the SMB3 palette.
smbx GaMERDoG wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 am
These tomatoes weren't debugged properly!
Horikawa Otane wrote: Image

GforGoomba
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Postby GforGoomba » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:45 pm

Smibbix wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:25 am
They don't have small forms!
They do
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:10 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:45 pm
Smibbix wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:25 am
They don't have small forms!
They do
He means the original Doki Doki Panic characters don't have small forms.

Return to “LunaLua”