Hey there, Dr Mekar. I just played your level and this is what I think about it:
- Music fits the level very well and creates a nicely ominous ambience. That face in the third room was super scary and unexpected!
- I liked the use of the notes to crank up the creepiness and expectation of the unknown as you progress.
- I feel like the level was a bit bare, perhaps a few backgrounds could have livened it up a bit more? It never felt like it was a basement at all, more like a purgatory... I also don't recall seeing any coins either (not that it's obligatory to have them).
- The hide and seek bit was a good concept, although my eyes were hurting from all the axes. Perhaps make them invisible?
- There seemed to be quite a lot of cut-off in the hide and seek room (check the edges of your tiles) and it was a bit off-putting at times. There was also cut-off when the lava tiles showed up whenever you touched the axes and were caught by the creepy face.
- The end felt a bit anti-climactic to me as I was expecting a boss fight with the creepy guy or some other entity. Or perhaps witnessing a creepy effect?
- The bloody sprites were a nice touch, although be mindful that kids can be playing this, so advisable to put a spoiler about gory content.
- I liked the little puzzle in the first 2 rooms with the switches, although I found myself going backwards and forwards quite a lot, which can get annoying after a while.
Overall, the level has a nice concept and creates a great atmosphere for a horror- and suspense-related level. However, it does feel like it lacks something (e.g. backgrounds, payoff at the end) but this can be improved. It did keep me curious to finish it so I definitely didn't get bored by it. For what it is, I give it 7/10
. Hope you find this feedback useful