A random SMB3 level.

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
-Showcase all of your levels in one topic.
sonicnights12
Goomba
Goomba

A random SMB3 level.

Postby sonicnights12 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:26 am

This is just a level that I made. I hope you have a good time with it.
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0z2i3c4lm6wm ... l.lvl?dl=0
Last edited by sonicnights12 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow_Flame
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: Quest for Doxoria

Re: Level4

Postby Shadow_Flame » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:25 pm

Hey there! I just reviewed your level and here's what I think:

- There were so many fire flowers at the beginning. Two would've been more than enough, considering the fact that you're providing 2 Yoshis as well.
- Is there really any need for the initial message? Most players would be curious to see what's buried, especially if it's at the very beginning of the level.
- I personally wouldn't recommend placing several enemies close to your starting position. It's not that they were difficult to kill but it can catch some players off guard a bit.
- Is the player not intended to go through the same door again (from section 2 to section 1) as the door background was there?
- When I beat Birdo at the end, nothing happened. I tried seeing if there was a hidden block or something but alas, I had to kill myself. How's the level supposed to end?
- The whole level felt a bit short to me. That in itself is not bad but I didn't feel like there was much of a challenge to it, really. Perhaps add some puzzles or more platforming options?
- Music seemed to fit each section and there's nothing wrong with using non-custom tracks.
- The level background felt a bit bland and I don't recall seeing any coins or coin blocks. Perhaps make the scenery feel a bit more natural and less 'blocky'? And maybe make the airship go up and down or add a propeller to its back?
- When I was falling down the pipe in the last section, at first I thought the black background was a cut-off error and only then realised it was used as the sail for the airship (which I thought was quite clever).

Overall, the level feels like it's missing something. It's not bad per se but I would recommend adding some challenges, getting rid of the unnecessary 2 power-ups at the beginning and reviewing the ending (see comment above). I would give this level a rating of 4/10.

sonicnights12
Goomba
Goomba

Postby sonicnights12 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:36 am

I'll try to improve this. Thank god that my level didn't go to the trash can.

PixelPest
Edward
Edward
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:55 am

sonicnights12 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:36 am
I'll try to improve this. Thank god that my level didn't go to the trash can.
We don't move levels to the subforums anymore

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Non mi avete fatto niente
Current Project: episode pages for the wiki

Re: A random SMB3 level.

Postby Cedur » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:29 am

Also if you didn't know keep all of your levels in one thread

Supports: show

I believe in three 72 mm large, 690 g heavy iron balls as my lords and saviours.

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Return to “Levels”