I made my own Very Hard Level

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
-Showcase all of your levels in one topic.
User avatar
CD20Superness
Bit
Bit
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 am
Chat Username: CD20Superness

I made my own Very Hard Level

Postby CD20Superness » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:36 am

Please Download These 2 so you can play this Game: http://www.mediafire.com/view/d52kan7k8 ... und2-1.gif and http://www.mediafire.com/file/4djqxfoog ... t+Blue.lvl

How do the level looks like:

Image

Also, one last thing, create a new folder then, place them together in the folder so the backgrounds will work!
Last edited by Quill on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts
Get out of my signature, you eeediot!

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 704
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:50 pm

Re: I made my own Very Hard Level

Postby Westretroman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:47 am

Nice, this looks more a troll level than a hard level, but I'll give it a try to truly see the difference.

User avatar
CD20Superness
Bit
Bit
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 am
Chat Username: CD20Superness

Re: I made my own Very Hard Level

Postby CD20Superness » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:52 am

Westretroman wrote:Nice, this looks more a troll level than a hard level, but I'll give it a try to truly see the difference.
lol, also this is the first time making a level, also i will worked on my episiode since 2014 or 2015.
Get out of my signature, you eeediot!

User avatar
PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7129
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: I made my own Very Hard Level

Postby PixelPest » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:58 am

You should package the background in a .zip file with the level. You need to create a folder in the same directory and with the same name as your .lvl file and place all custom assets except music (so graphics, etc.) in that folder. You can then zip the level and folder together so people can just download one file and not have to do anything to play the level.

Also this really looks like a joke level since the graphics look really, and intentionally, bad. It honestly does not seem very difficult either

User avatar
CD20Superness
Bit
Bit
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 am
Chat Username: CD20Superness

Re: I made my own Very Hard Level

Postby CD20Superness » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:15 am

Ok, i will do that next time, this mistake will be only for today.
Get out of my signature, you eeediot!

User avatar
CD20Superness
Bit
Bit
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 am
Chat Username: CD20Superness

Re: I made my own Very Hard Level

Postby CD20Superness » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:21 am

PixelPest wrote:You should package the background in a .zip file with the level. You need to create a folder in the same directory and with the same name as your .lvl file and place all custom assets except music (so graphics, etc.) in that folder. You can then zip the level and folder together so people can just download one file and not have to do anything to play the level.

Also this really looks like a joke level since the graphics look really, and intentionally, bad. It honestly does not seem very difficult either
whats the rating of the episode?
Get out of my signature, you eeediot!

User avatar
PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7129
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: I made my own Very Hard Level

Postby PixelPest » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:03 am

CD20Superness wrote:
PixelPest wrote:You should package the background in a .zip file with the level. You need to create a folder in the same directory and with the same name as your .lvl file and place all custom assets except music (so graphics, etc.) in that folder. You can then zip the level and folder together so people can just download one file and not have to do anything to play the level.

Also this really looks like a joke level since the graphics look really, and intentionally, bad. It honestly does not seem very difficult either
whats the rating of the episode?
I have no idea what you mean by this

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4259
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: I made my own Very Hard Level

Postby Electriking » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:19 pm

PixelPest wrote:
CD20Superness wrote:
PixelPest wrote:You should package the background in a .zip file with the level. You need to create a folder in the same directory and with the same name as your .lvl file and place all custom assets except music (so graphics, etc.) in that folder. You can then zip the level and folder together so people can just download one file and not have to do anything to play the level.

Also this really looks like a joke level since the graphics look really, and intentionally, bad. It honestly does not seem very difficult either
whats the rating of the episode?
I have no idea what you mean by this
I guesshe is expecting a score for this level, even though he does not need one.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
CD20Superness
Bit
Bit
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 am
Chat Username: CD20Superness

Re: I made my own Very Hard Level

Postby CD20Superness » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:01 pm

AAHHHH, pixel you mean the score you reviewed from the forum called "time for revenge" and the game called "worse than kaizo" made by bobogamer2500x?
Get out of my signature, you eeediot!

User avatar
PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7129
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: I made my own Very Hard Level

Postby PixelPest » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:25 am

CD20Superness wrote:AAHHHH, pixel you mean the score you reviewed from the forum called "time for revenge" and the game called "worse than kaizo" made by bobogamer2500x?
I don't mean anything. I'm just trying to understand what you're trying to get across (and it isn't going well)

User avatar
CD20Superness
Bit
Bit
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 am
Chat Username: CD20Superness

Re: I made my own Very Hard Level

Postby CD20Superness » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:16 pm

Ok, just rate my level. Ex: 5/10.

Now the download link is fixed: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jtob85kj5 ... t+Blue.zip
Last edited by Quill on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts
Get out of my signature, you eeediot!

User avatar
Osel Debilov
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:20 am
Current Project: Vegetables
Chat Username: Memos

Re: I made my own very hard level

Postby Osel Debilov » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:28 am

:D :D :D Joke level, hahahahahahahhahaha :lol:
Image
Image

User avatar
CD20Superness
Bit
Bit
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 am
Chat Username: CD20Superness

Re: I made my own Very Hard Level

Postby CD20Superness » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:51 am

Its not joke level, its a hard level! BTW, the background looks like a troll level.
Get out of my signature, you eeediot!

User avatar
PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7129
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: I made my own Very Hard Level

Postby PixelPest » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:40 pm

CD20Superness wrote:Ok, just rate my level. Ex: 5/10.

Now the download link is fixed: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jtob85kj5 ... t+Blue.zip
I'm not just going to toss out a random score but I will give you a review to justify the score at the end.

Design and Gameplay: 0.3/7

In terms of the gameplay itself, a lot of the challenges were repetitive and lacking in creativity. The difficulty of the level was also very inconsistent and it didn't really seem to have any progression, it just appeared to be a bunch of random ideas shoved together. The thwomp at the beginning provides no challenge whatsoever and the first main section you can time relatively easy to just run and jump twice to clear the whole thing, which by the pits in the blocks to hide in to avoid the firebars was apparently not your intention. Some of the firebars were also not placed correctly which leads it to appear that the level isn't very well-tested. The banzai bill's placement was a smart challenge to force the player to drop down to a lower moving platform, however the remainder of the section was not challenging at all and was just repetitive long jumps, which was most of the level in a nutshell; most of the challenge came from long jumps between non-moving platforms that were honestly really easy. This level also made use of invisible blocks in random places that made the player fall into pits which were really uncalled for, considering the content of the level before they occurred. I really did not expect them and then died a few times. These setups were really unnecessary and took away from the level significantly. The p-switch section was also really easy and the rinka spawners were somewhat pointless as the player has to run as fast as possible anyway and avoids the rinkas entirely.

Aesthetics and Music: 0/3

Aesthetically this level is very unappealing. There are a lot of styles mixed that don't fit well together and there is very little awareness of any kind of scenery and terrain structure (no use of any elements to enhance its visual appearance such as BGOs and most of the ground consists of SMB1 blocks). The background itself is very poorly made and appears to be 1px and saved in MS Paint as the image is low quality and ruined by MS Paint's issue with saving/converting to .gif. The image itself in the background is drawn very poorly and doesn't make sense with the level (at least I don't understand what it's supposed to resemble if it does) and the general design of it lacks any kind of shading or apparent shape whatsoever. It also does not loop well and cuts off into the SMB3 cloud background at the top of the screen. The background also doesn't really match anything in the level and overall seems to make little sense. In general there's just a lack of aesthetic appeal in this level, from the random player block clump, podoboos jumping out of the bottom of the screen, incorrectly configured warps, and spinies spawning from the sky just to name a few. The general choices of block placement is also unusual, such as a mushroom with coral blocks attached to it and SMB1 pipe tops stacked on each other that are very unappealing. In terms of the music choices, they don't really fit the level, despite it not really having an atmosphere to begin with, and changes at points that don't necessarily make sense and appear very random.


Overall, this level had very poor aesthetics and the general design of the challenges was not well done, as they were not very creative and most of them could be easily bypassed and consisted mostly of repetitive long jumps.

Final score: 0.3/10

User avatar
CD20Superness
Bit
Bit
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 am
Chat Username: CD20Superness

Re: I made my own Very Hard Level

Postby CD20Superness » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:54 pm

PixelPest wrote:
CD20Superness wrote:Ok, just rate my level. Ex: 5/10.

Now the download link is fixed: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jtob85kj5 ... t+Blue.zip
I'm not just going to toss out a random score but I will give you a review to justify the score at the end.

Design and Gameplay: 0.3/7

In terms of the gameplay itself, a lot of the challenges were repetitive and lacking in creativity. The difficulty of the level was also very inconsistent and it didn't really seem to have any progression, it just appeared to be a bunch of random ideas shoved together. The thwomp at the beginning provides no challenge whatsoever and the first main section you can time relatively easy to just run and jump twice to clear the whole thing, which by the pits in the blocks to hide in to avoid the firebars was apparently not your intention. Some of the firebars were also not placed correctly which leads it to appear that the level isn't very well-tested. The banzai bill's placement was a smart challenge to force the player to drop down to a lower moving platform, however the remainder of the section was not challenging at all and was just repetitive long jumps, which was most of the level in a nutshell; most of the challenge came from long jumps between non-moving platforms that were honestly really easy. This level also made use of invisible blocks in random places that made the player fall into pits which were really uncalled for, considering the content of the level before they occurred. I really did not expect them and then died a few times. These setups were really unnecessary and took away from the level significantly. The p-switch section was also really easy and the rinka spawners were somewhat pointless as the player has to run as fast as possible anyway and avoids the rinkas entirely.

Aesthetics and Music: 0/3

Aesthetically this level is very unappealing. There are a lot of styles mixed that don't fit well together and there is very little awareness of any kind of scenery and terrain structure (no use of any elements to enhance its visual appearance such as BGOs and most of the ground consists of SMB1 blocks). The background itself is very poorly made and appears to be 1px and saved in MS Paint as the image is low quality and ruined by MS Paint's issue with saving/converting to .gif. The image itself in the background is drawn very poorly and doesn't make sense with the level (at least I don't understand what it's supposed to resemble if it does) and the general design of it lacks any kind of shading or apparent shape whatsoever. It also does not loop well and cuts off into the SMB3 cloud background at the top of the screen. The background also doesn't really match anything in the level and overall seems to make little sense. In general there's just a lack of aesthetic appeal in this level, from the random player block clump, podoboos jumping out of the bottom of the screen, incorrectly configured warps, and spinies spawning from the sky just to name a few. The general choices of block placement is also unusual, such as a mushroom with coral blocks attached to it and SMB1 pipe tops stacked on each other that are very unappealing. In terms of the music choices, they don't really fit the level, despite it not really having an atmosphere to begin with, and changes at points that don't necessarily make sense and appear very random.


Overall, this level had very poor aesthetics and the general design of the challenges was not well done, as they were not very creative and most of them could be easily bypassed and consisted mostly of repetitive long jumps.

Final score: 0.3/10
Very nice review, thank you!

I will try my best soon.
Get out of my signature, you eeediot!

User avatar
xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 856
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:16 pm
Flair: Something you want everyone to see!
Current Project: Code Name: Temple of Despair
Chat Username: xDestroy#5503
Contact:

Re: I made my own Very Hard Level

Postby xDestroy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:51 pm

This honestly looks like a joke level, But i'll try it to see how it could possibly be not. If you have any level design tips you need, feel free to dm me.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature!
Best Quotes from SMBX: show
Nien wrote:oh wow someone posted a webcomic in the art board oh wow it's garbage who would've thought
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Nien wrote:nice, now my eyes can bleed in high definition
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: I made my own Very Hard Level

Postby PopYoshi » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:15 am

Ok I already played it so I'll say...

It's a pretty challenging level, but fair enough (I'm not going to mention the invisible block trap)

At the other side, if we go to the design: The level isn't well designed, I found 2 errors, the one where you make the glitch where you are trapped in the walls, and the one where the pipe exit isn't in the correct direction

And the worst part for me was download the background and level in separated files, you can simply put the background inside of a folder with the level name and it'll work, and then join these two things, the level and the folder in 1 zip/rar file

Also, I know it's a hard level with bland design but even hard or kaizo levels contains BGOs, this level lacks of them and that makes it look empty. Put more BGOs the next time

I think that's all I can say about this level

I would give this level a 0,9/10. But don't feel bad, you still can improve, but I think it'll take some time
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
CD20Superness
Bit
Bit
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 am
Chat Username: CD20Superness

Re: I made my own Very Hard Level

Postby CD20Superness » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:40 am

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:Ok I already played it so I'll say...

It's a pretty challenging level, but fair enough (I'm not going to mention the invisible block trap)

At the other side, if we go to the design: The level isn't well designed, I found 2 errors, the one where you make the glitch where you are trapped in the walls, and the one where the pipe exit isn't in the correct direction

And the worst part for me was download the background and level in separated files, you can simply put the background inside of a folder with the level name and it'll work, and then join these two things, the level and the folder in 1 zip/rar file

Also, I know it's a hard level with bland design but even hard or kaizo levels contains BGOs, this level lacks of them and that makes it look empty. Put more BGOs the next time

I think that's all I can say about this level

I would give this level a 0,9/10. But don't feel bad, you still can improve, but I think it'll take some time
Okay. :D
Get out of my signature, you eeediot!

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: I made my own Very Hard Level

Postby PopYoshi » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:48 am

CD20Superness wrote:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:Ok I already played it so I'll say...

It's a pretty challenging level, but fair enough (I'm not going to mention the invisible block trap)

At the other side, if we go to the design: The level isn't well designed, I found 2 errors, the one where you make the glitch where you are trapped in the walls, and the one where the pipe exit isn't in the correct direction

And the worst part for me was download the background and level in separated files, you can simply put the background inside of a folder with the level name and it'll work, and then join these two things, the level and the folder in 1 zip/rar file

Also, I know it's a hard level with bland design but even hard or kaizo levels contains BGOs, this level lacks of them and that makes it look empty. Put more BGOs the next time

I think that's all I can say about this level

I would give this level a 0,9/10. But don't feel bad, you still can improve, but I think it'll take some time
Okay. :D
And try to don't make one word posts like that, it's not a good idea and bad things can happen...
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
CD20Superness
Bit
Bit
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 am
Chat Username: CD20Superness

Re: I made my own Very Hard Level

Postby CD20Superness » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:08 am

Yeah, i always make mistakes :( i hope i dont get banned.
Get out of my signature, you eeediot!


Return to “Levels”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests