Shi No Numa ( SMBX 1.3.0.1 )

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
-Showcase all of your levels in one topic.
Nazi Zombie
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Current Project: Nazi Zombies , Goomba's Invasion 2 .
Chat Username: Nazi Zombie

Shi No Numa ( SMBX 1.3.0.1 )

Postby Nazi Zombie » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:07 am

Nacht Der Untoten :

You drove them deep into the heart of the Reich . You thought they were dead . You were wrong .

Download :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcasl9gl47nnv ... n.rar?dl=0

Screenshots :
https://imgur.com/a/CcquY

First episode of Journey .

Next Episode : Zombie Verrückt ( Now available ! )

Zombie Verrückt :

Electroshock therapy. Chemically engineered beverages. Hordes of Undead Nazis. Find the power to unite and send them back to their graves!

Download :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qitf6bwvc49yf ... t.rar?dl=0

Screenshots :
https://imgur.com/a/YPQQe

Second Episode of the journey .

Next Episode : Shi No Numa ( Now available ! )

Shi No Numa :

Maggot ridden corpses . Bug infested swamp . Hundreds of undead Imperial Army . Choose your tactic and defend for your lives !

Download :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9ch97z13m3np ... a.rar?dl=0

Screenshots :
https://imgur.com/a/GML0F

Third Episode of the journey .

Next Episode : D-- R----

Do not forget to rate this level !
Last edited by Nazi Zombie on Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:44 am, edited 13 times in total.

Aristo
Cecil
Cecil
Chat Username: Aristo

Re: Nacht Der Untoten ( SMBX 1.3.0.1 )

Postby Aristo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:40 pm

Hey, welcome to the forums! For future reference, could you upload your levels to a different site like Dropbox? Sendspace uploads have been known to expire after some time.
Anyways, nice first level. For the part where the player has to jump on the tree stumps, you might want to use an invisible block that's only solid on top instead of the tanooki block, so the player can jump onto the logs from beneath. Also I'm curious, where's the music from?
But I bet on it, you'll all be here when the lights come out, still looking for nothing
Image Image Image Image Image Image

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: levels?
Location: If i told you I ride polar bears would you really need to ask?
Chat Username: WildWEEGEE

Postby WildWEEGEE » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:08 pm

The level's quite spooky but when it came to the pole climbing use invisible platforms instead.
I believe in Nothing as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
I support: show
ImageImage
I might not be as active anymore because of some personal issues so please understand that.

Nazi Zombie
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Nazi Zombie » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:03 pm

Hey Aristo , Dropbox is too complicated for me , sorry .

MarioRPGExpert93
Wart
Wart
Current Project: Saving up for a Windows 10 laptop irl! :D
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby MarioRPGExpert93 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:11 pm

Is this custom level suppose to be a zombie survival theme level? If so, I'm not gonna try it as i have a fear of zombies

Mario RPGs I owned: 08/12

Main Goals in Mario RPGs (04/12 goals accomplished): show
  • Complete Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Master all Bros. Attacks in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
  • Collect all 256 cards in Super Paper Mario
  • 100% Paper Mario 64
  • Complete Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Finish Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story in under 24 hours worth of playtime
  • Complete Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Deathless, and NO LIFE SHROOMS!
  • Play through Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a BP only run
Current amount of money till i get a new Windows 10 Laptop: $565.00
My Sprite Art
My Main YouTube (Warning: No SMBX content!)
My 2nd YouTube (Warning: No SMBX content!)
TSR/VG Resource/MFGG: PaperWilliam
I have Autism & ADHD. OG 90's kid who's born in 93! 8-)
Stuff I 100% Support: show

Aristo
Cecil
Cecil

Postby Aristo » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:48 pm

Nazi Zombie wrote:Hey Aristo , Dropbox is too complicated for me , sorry .
All you have to do is make an account, drag and drop your file into the cloud and get a download link. There are plenty tutorials on how to do this on the internet.
But I bet on it, you'll all be here when the lights come out, still looking for nothing

youngtomlin
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby youngtomlin » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:37 pm

Downloaded this while the link is still up.

Design and Theming
Nicely done! Never seen a theme like this before representing an eerie and war-stricken level design. This is a unique theme that I really haven't seen before. I like the touches of the small trees degrading as you move further on to the level and the small signs of Beware and "RIP unnamed soldier". Good detail in some areas, however, some areas are really, really empty. I'm not sure if this is a thematic touch but for a level's design sake it makes it quite boring, especially when the level is quite short, to begin with. The level is rather repetitive as well and I'm pretty sure this will be remedied if you realise this as an episode and give it some story but once you have been into the indoor section the level starts to repeat itself.

The level is not buggy, very short though, and no much to explore with any collectables and any other areas to traverse so that could be quiet a nice thing to change or add in. Music is perfect. I have no idea what it is, however it matches the theme perfectly with an ominous and unsettling tone that gives the player chills. Top marks for the music choice. Enemy placement/NPC placement was fine. Some of the Dry Bones were NPS's and some were enemies. Good link using undead enemies as there would be a theme problem if other choices were used.

Difficulty
Again, another level not designed to be difficult. The first level in an episode. Still, it may be too easy as most of the enemies are easily jumped over and there are not many places to die. I understand this is a thematic based level though so I'm not going to judge this level too much on the difficulty. Not many powerups but it's short so that's fine.

Enjoyability
I really like going through this level and seeing all of the different aspects but some of it was quite empty and slow. There isn't much yet to keep concentration to the player but this could be easily changed.

Overall
Nicely thematic starter level, that's let down in some places by lack of decoration and length.

6.5/10

Nazi Zombie
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Zombie Verrückt ( SMBX 1.3.0.1 )

Postby Nazi Zombie » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:19 pm

Electroshock therapy. Chemically engineered beverages. Hordes of Undead Nazis. Find the power to unite and send them back to their graves!

Download :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qitf6bwvc49yf ... t.rar?dl=0

Screenshots :
https://imgur.com/a/YPQQe

Second Episode of the journey .

Next Episode : S-- -- ----

Do not forget to rate this level !

PixelPest
Edward
Edward
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:23 pm

Please post all of your levels in a single topic. Thanks!

Nazi Zombie
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Re: Zombie Verrückt ( SMBX 1.3.0.1 )

Postby Nazi Zombie » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:15 am

Ok , but why ?

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Current Project: episode pages for the wiki
Chat Username: too long to fit here

Re: Nacht der (SMBX 1.3.0.1)

Postby Cedur » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:29 am

Levels Forum Rules wrote:You're welcome to make a topic for yourself as a place to post all of your levels for people to give you feedback
It makes sense, think of it as a level collection.

I believe in three 72 mm large, 690 g heavy iron balls as my lords and saviours.

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Nazi Zombie
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Nazi Zombie » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:48 pm

As a result, fewer people will see a new level . It does not make sense .

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: levels?
Location: If i told you I ride polar bears would you really need to ask?
Chat Username: WildWEEGEE

Postby WildWEEGEE » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Nazi Zombie wrote:As a result, fewer people will see a new level . It does not make sense .
You can bump the topic you make the level for and then it will go to the top of a page
I believe in Nothing as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
I support: show
ImageImage
I might not be as active anymore because of some personal issues so please understand that.

Aristo
Cecil
Cecil

Postby Aristo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:19 am

So I played your second level and again I have to say it's amazing how much you can set the atmosphere with just a bit of creepy music.
I enjoyed that one puzzle in the room where you reached a locked door but didn't find a key on the way. It's kind of genius because you wouldn't expect the small pipes to be usable but when you think about it they're still pipes so it totally makes sense that the key is hidden in one of them.

I think you could make some really great horror levels if the rest of the atmosphere matched the music. The cryptic messages are a great start and the fast dry bones are actually scary because they come out of nowhere. If you implemented some custom graphics to create an actually run-down facility, I would probably be too scared to play the level lol

Other than that, a few more powerups would be nice. Sure, it takes away from the dry bones being this dangerous, but if you do it right (maybe by implementing more merciless enemies) you could balance it out. Also a midway point at some point would've been nice because it becomes tedious to play everything over and over again if you fuck up, again ties into the powerup thing.

All in all, there's some great potential here, can't wait to see how your style will evolve!

ADMAndrew
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Peach's Heartache (BETA1-WIP) and SMBX 64 Edition(DEMO3-WIP)
Chat Username: ADMClef

Postby ADMAndrew » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:21 pm

I already played Zombie Verrückt and I loved the atmosphere that you put a lot of effort into. :D
My opinion I show it as a level of:
  • Zombie Verrückt
    by Nazi Zombie
Difficulty = Normal/Hard :D
Difficulty: show
The difficulty in a large part of the level is normal, there are no moving platforms, or anything like that. Where the difficulty goes are with the enemies which are Dry Bones with a speed of 4, it is complicated to hit them on speed, this level is like a mixture of advancing to get out and a puzzle similar to the houses of SMW . In this sense it is very entertaining.
Development = Good :D
Development: show
I already played Zombie Verrückt and I loved the atmosphere that you put a lot of effort
in this area I see the truth very well, you put many coordinated events to give specific target, but I see that you had more ideas for the level since I see two unused events: 1UPMUSHROOM and Mushroomround (I wonder what they would serve). You also made use of the show and hide layers to make power-up effects and eliminate the Dry Bones from the climb to the second area. You put a lot of effort but you can improve.
Ambiance = Normal :|
Ambiance: show
I already played Zombie Verrückt and I loved the atmosphere that you put a lot of effort
Well the background soundtrack ASYLUM.mp3 is very good gives you the feeling of being alone on the level as an .exe game, another soundtrack that I liked was Power.mp3 for some reason I remembered Pennywise for the sound like mechanical game old, jugg.mp3 gave me a bit of tranquility during the level and gives the touch that there lived people passed something and everyone became zombies I liked that you put a background story with John Banana but that's all not just striking the design of the level seems of abandoned bunker, I hope that that was your goal. A suggestion put a little more detail in the background.
Glitches = Null :D
Glitches: show
well here there is nothing
I rate your level with a +6
Verdict: Good level design but an environment not very focused on its purpose
I'm working on a wiki to translate SCP info into Spanish, someone would like to help me :roll: Click Me

My actual projects :D :
Peach's Heartache - (WIP-BETA1)
Mario 64 (SMBX Edition) - WIP-DEMO3

Nazi Zombie
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Nazi Zombie » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Unfortunately , the release date will be later than usual , but new level is much bigger that previous levels . Sorry !

8lue Storm
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Many, MANY stuff
Chat Username: 8luestorm

Postby 8lue Storm » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:28 pm

Nazi Zombie wrote:Unfortunately , the release date will be later than usual , but new level is much bigger that previous levels . Sorry !
Good luck! My project is also going through a revamp, I understand how it is.
Open to graphic requests!
Check out my project:
Spoiler: show
Lovely image by ADMAndrew!
I'm participating of I'm here. I always was.

Nazi Zombie
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Re: Shi No Numa ( SMBX 1.3.0.1 )

Postby Nazi Zombie » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:55 am

New Episode " Shi No Numa " is now available !

ADMAndrew
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Peach's Heartache (BETA1-WIP) and SMBX 64 Edition(DEMO3-WIP)
Chat Username: ADMClef

Re: Shi No Numa ( SMBX 1.3.0.1 )

Postby ADMAndrew » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:14 pm

Good level I would like for the next one to put a night effect on the background. :D
I'm working on a wiki to translate SCP info into Spanish, someone would like to help me :roll: Click Me

My actual projects :D :
Peach's Heartache - (WIP-BETA1)
Mario 64 (SMBX Edition) - WIP-DEMO3

Return to “Levels”