FireSeraphim's Singles (New Levels: Hoopster's Blockland & Fortress of Dire Pain)

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
-Showcase all of your levels in one topic.
FireSeraphim
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Current Project: The Second Reality Project X (SMBX), Hyrule Fantasy (Zelda Classic), ?????? (????)
Chat Username: FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim's Singles (New Levels: Hoopster's Blockland & Fortress of Dire Pain)

Postby FireSeraphim » Thu May 24, 2018 12:43 am

I have decided to just make a thread real quick for my one off levels I have made for SMBX. To download a level, just click on the level name in the thread, it should take you directly to it's corresponding Dropbox link. Now enough chit-chat, let's get to the beef!

Level Name: Marble Garden Zone 2018
This one has just 1 exit and 5 Dragon coins to collect, there's really not much to say about it to be honest

Level Name: Partner Panic
This is my newest level and it was partially and initially inspired by "Animal Antics" from DKC2 before it ended up going it's own way.

Level Name: Challenging Climb
Another one of my latest levels, this one is partially inspired by "Ropey Rumpus" from DKC3.

Level Name: Hoopster's Blockland
This is a somewhat short one I made that's a bit on the medium-hard side, it has a well concealed secret exit.

Level Name: Fortress of Dire Pain
This is a SMB3 styled fortress level I made that has two paths splitting off from the first section. What the two paths contain, well I'm not going to spoil that.
Last edited by FireSeraphim on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:11 am, edited 13 times in total.

MarioRPGExpert93
Bowser
Bowser
Flair: Plays mostly classical Nintendo & SEGA games! ^_^"
Current Project: Saving up for a Windows 10 laptop irl! + Sega Mega Drive style sprites & graphics
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Re: FireSeraphim's Singles (My SMBX Levels)

Postby MarioRPGExpert93 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:07 am

I like how you took inspiration from Marble Garden from Sonic 3 & Knuckles to recreate it in SMBX! I'll try it out once i get a new & better laptop!

Mario RPGs I owned: 08/12

Main Goals in Mario RPGs (04/12 goals accomplished): show
  • Complete Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Master all Bros. Attacks in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
  • Collect all 256 cards in Super Paper Mario
  • 100% Paper Mario 64
  • Complete Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Finish Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story in under 24 hours worth of playtime
  • Complete Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Deathless, and NO LIFE SHROOMS!
  • Play through Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a BP only run
Current amount of money till i get a new Windows 10 Laptop: $698.00
My Sprite Art
My Main YouTube (Warning: No SMBX content!)
My 2nd YouTube (Warning: No SMBX content!)
TSR/VG Resource/MFGG: PaperWilliam
I have Autism & ADHD. OG 90's kid who's born in 93! 8-)
Stuff I 100% Support: show

FireSeraphim
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Current Project: The Second Reality Project X (SMBX), Hyrule Fantasy (Zelda Classic), ?????? (????)

Re: FireSeraphim's Singles (New Level: Partner Panic!)

Postby FireSeraphim » Sun May 27, 2018 4:39 am

@MarioRPGExpert93: Thank you.

Anyways I have added a new level to the opening post, go and check it out.

Eclipsed
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Postby Eclipsed » Mon May 28, 2018 1:10 am

Here is my FireSeraphim Speedrun Playlist

I might just leave my brief short reviews here so you can use feedback to improve, this is just from memory so it might not be entirely accurate

Marble Garden Zone
Spoiler: show
I really like the usage of slopes.lua in the level. However, I think the concept could be better introduced since most players if dropping down and see a downwards slope with mario will instantly think to slide down that. The p-switch and the reward for going fast enough was balanced enough and rewarding. The second p-switch was designed well without the propellor block, but with it the level kind of starts playing like it was unintended. Overall, this level was decent.

Partner Picnic
The signs telling you how to play the game are really not needed as you can assume if people are looking for custom levels, they have already played The Invasion 2 which has stuff as spin jumping on enemies covered. Moreover, I like the concept of switching between peach and toad, and the graphical style of the level, but the level kind of feels disjointed. You have two overworld parts where you play as peach's float, and one underground part where you play as toad where you primarily use toad's spin jump. These two feel like completely different level and it shows when the toad part is smack in the middle even though that is the point. Even the first part with the golden castle somewhat feels like a completely different level. Peach's float was utilized well in this level allowing you to do some jumps that would have been tricky with other characters, and the rope area near the end was designed very well. Also, it was kind of really out of nowhere that the level asked you to switch to mario or luigi to proceed. The level however is decent.

Just keep working on it, and I'm sure you'll make an absolutely amazing level with how well these levels started considering these were your first.
Check Out SMBX Servers List - It Hosts Every SMBX Server

Check out my channel for SMBX content and custom levels

My Best Speedruns:
[WR] Invasion 2 Any% All Characters in 28:28:602

[WR] The Princess Cliche in 7:16:263
[WR]Another Princess Cliche in 29:11:661
[WR] The Great Empire in 15:36:686
"I am the embodiment of Canada" - Darkonius Makavar

FireSeraphim
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby FireSeraphim » Mon May 28, 2018 2:42 am

Actually I'm technically someone out of retirement. I was one of the old guard from back when Redigit was still working on SMBX.

Eclipsed
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Postby Eclipsed » Mon May 28, 2018 10:03 am

FireSeraphim wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 2:42 am
Actually I'm technically someone out of retirement. I was one of the old guard from back when Redigit was still working on SMBX.
Yeah that makes sense on why it seems you have had prior level design experience.
Check Out SMBX Servers List - It Hosts Every SMBX Server

Check out my channel for SMBX content and custom levels

My Best Speedruns:
[WR] Invasion 2 Any% All Characters in 28:28:602

[WR] The Princess Cliche in 7:16:263
[WR]Another Princess Cliche in 29:11:661
[WR] The Great Empire in 15:36:686
"I am the embodiment of Canada" - Darkonius Makavar

FireSeraphim
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Re: FireSeraphim's Singles (New Level: Challenging Climb)

Postby FireSeraphim » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:49 am

Once more I have added a new level to my thread. Go check it out!

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Re: FireSeraphim's Singles (New Level: Challenging Climb)

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:36 pm

All of your levels look amazing and the speed run videos make them look even better. You should consider making a episode if you have not already done so. Now is a good time to plan one out in advance with Beta 4 in the works. Good job on the levels.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

FireSeraphim
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Re: FireSeraphim's Singles (New Levels: Hoopster's Blockland & Fortress of Dire Pain)

Postby FireSeraphim » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:53 am

@Teemster2: Allow me to point you to the current projects listing beneath my postcount on my avatar.

Also two more new levels!

Return to “Levels”