Wrap The Vertical Mess

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
User avatar
sadisticsofanight
Banned
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:31 pm

Wrap The Vertical Mess

Postby sadisticsofanight » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:35 pm


User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1772
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Current Project: Producer of the Novaverse
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Wrap The Vertical Mess

Postby Eri7 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:13 pm

In which version is the level meant to be played in?

User avatar
sadisticsofanight
Banned
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:31 pm

Re: Wrap The Vertical Mess

Postby sadisticsofanight » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:17 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:13 pm
In which version is the level meant to be played in?
Platformer Game Engine 0.3.2-dev is reccomended because of widescreen optimization, but i think 38A can handle well too.

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1772
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Current Project: Producer of the Novaverse
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Wrap The Vertical Mess

Postby Eri7 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:29 pm

sadisticsofanight wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:17 pm
Eri7 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:13 pm
In which version is the level meant to be played in?
Platformer Game Engine 0.3.2-dev is reccomended because of widescreen optimization, but i think 38A can handle well too.
Uh, how is Platformer Game Engine 0.3.2-dev a version of smbx?
Do you mean 1.3 or 2.0 or maglx3 or 38A?

User avatar
sadisticsofanight
Banned
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:31 pm

Re: Wrap The Vertical Mess

Postby sadisticsofanight » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:32 pm

Sorry, i forgot you need the 1.3 PGE config pack. But correct me if Platformer Game Engine is not a SMBX version.

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1881
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:15 pm
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Re: Wrap The Vertical Mess

Postby Eclipsed » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:01 pm

sadisticsofanight wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Sorry, i forgot you need the 1.3 PGE config pack. But correct me if Platformer Game Engine is not a SMBX version.
Which configuration pack do you need? There's several on here: http://wohlsoft.ru/config_packs/
Also the newest build doesn't support vertical wrapping.

User avatar
sadisticsofanight
Banned
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:31 pm

Re: Wrap The Vertical Mess

Postby sadisticsofanight » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:04 pm

@Eclipsed It is meant to be played using PGE tester or 38A, X2 has broken features. I have the config 1.3, which you also need if you choose first option to play.

User avatar
Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Posts: 1570
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:59 am
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Re: Wrap The Vertical Mess

Postby Waddle » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:06 pm

sadisticsofanight wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:04 pm
@Eclipsed It is meant to be played using PGE tester or 38A, X2 has broken features. I have the config 1.3, which you also need if you choose first option to play.
What do you mean, 'X2 has broken features'? Please elaborate, as reporting bugs enables the dev team to fix them.
Image

User avatar
sadisticsofanight
Banned
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:31 pm

Re: Wrap The Vertical Mess

Postby sadisticsofanight » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:35 am

Waddle wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:06 pm
sadisticsofanight wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:04 pm
@Eclipsed It is meant to be played using PGE tester or 38A, X2 has broken features. I have the config 1.3, which you also need if you choose first option to play.
What do you mean, 'X2 has broken features'? Please elaborate, as reporting bugs enables the dev team to fix them.
In Beta 3, the yet to be added features were greyed out ad unselectable. For some reason here they are not, which should indicate the usability of them. But they still dont work.

User avatar
Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Posts: 1570
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:59 am
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Re: Wrap The Vertical Mess

Postby Waddle » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:38 am

sadisticsofanight wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:35 am
Waddle wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:06 pm
sadisticsofanight wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:04 pm
@Eclipsed It is meant to be played using PGE tester or 38A, X2 has broken features. I have the config 1.3, which you also need if you choose first option to play.
What do you mean, 'X2 has broken features'? Please elaborate, as reporting bugs enables the dev team to fix them.
In Beta 3, the yet to be added features were greyed out ad unselectable. For some reason here they are not, which should indicate the usability of them. But they still dont work.
You shouldn't be using the PGE tester. It's in a very very early alpha. SMBX2 lacking some of these PGE settings does not mean it is broken- it simply means that features which are present in the PGE editor are not available for it.
Image

User avatar
sadisticsofanight
Banned
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:31 pm

Re: Wrap The Vertical Mess

Postby sadisticsofanight » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:39 am

Why are they not grayed out like in Beta 3? It makes it look like they work.

User avatar
Bowser God
Banned
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:07 pm

Re: Wrap The Vertical Mess

Postby Bowser God » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:09 am

Loved The Vertical Wrap Spike Sections, the Widescreen gave it a Special Feeling.

Added in 3 minutes 22 seconds:
I Dont know what are You all complainign About, This is not a SMBX Level, Its PGE Latest as Creator said.

User avatar
sadisticsofanight
Banned
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:31 pm

Re: Wrap The Vertical Mess

Postby sadisticsofanight » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:39 am

Thanks :D. I made the widescreen optional, 38A users can also play it.

User avatar
Scroll
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1864
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: C'est la vie... profitez-en!
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars
Chat Username: Scroll#7903
Contact:

Re: Wrap The Vertical Mess

Postby Scroll » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:53 pm

sadisticsofanight wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:17 pm
Eri7 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:13 pm
In which version is the level meant to be played in?
Platformer Game Engine 0.3.2-dev is reccomended because of widescreen optimization, but i think 38A can handle well too.
That's the default engine of the PGE editor, it's not a SMBX version, so some SMBX features won't work there and vice versa. SMBX 1.3, 38A and X2mx3/Beta 3 are the most recommended versions to play/make levels with.

User avatar
Bowser God
Banned
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:07 pm

Re: Wrap The Vertical Mess

Postby Bowser God » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:40 am

VanillaDude wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:53 pm
sadisticsofanight wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:17 pm
Eri7 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:13 pm
In which version is the level meant to be played in?
Platformer Game Engine 0.3.2-dev is reccomended because of widescreen optimization, but i think 38A can handle well too.
That's the default engine of the PGE editor, it's not a SMBX version, so some SMBX features won't work there and vice versa. SMBX 1.3, 38A and X2mx3/Beta 3 are the most recommended versions to play/make levels with.
It did not work in any other Version to me.
And the Nightly PGE build fixed the Phyics so try it.

User avatar
Scroll
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1864
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: C'est la vie... profitez-en!
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars
Chat Username: Scroll#7903
Contact:

Re: Wrap The Vertical Mess

Postby Scroll » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:36 pm

Bowser God wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:40 am
VanillaDude wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:53 pm
sadisticsofanight wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:17 pm


Platformer Game Engine 0.3.2-dev is reccomended because of widescreen optimization, but i think 38A can handle well too.
That's the default engine of the PGE editor, it's not a SMBX version, so some SMBX features won't work there and vice versa. SMBX 1.3, 38A and X2mx3/Beta 3 are the most recommended versions to play/make levels with.
It did not work in any other Version to me.
And the Nightly PGE build fixed the Phyics so try it.
Again, that's not a SMBX version, also idk if nightly builds are recommended rather than stable builds

User avatar
TheLeavingDead24
Banned
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:19 pm

Re: Wrap The Vertical Mess

Postby TheLeavingDead24 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:16 am

Weird to see a PGE Engine level instead of SMBX, but i have PGE Engine dev and enjoyed it, despite being short.


Return to “Levels”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron