Meadow's field (the first I made in over 7 years) -MAGLx3 version-

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
-Showcase all of your levels in one topic.
Yatagarasu
Goomba
Goomba
Flair: Lewhoop
Current Project: The Outlands
Chat Username: Yatagarasu

Meadow's field (the first I made in over 7 years) -MAGLx3 version-

Postby Yatagarasu » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:58 pm

It's been a while since I made a level. And now, after 7 years I've decided to make another level. It's a small level, meant for something in a world 1. I've used the MAGLx3 version of SMBX to create the level, so in order to play it, you'll need the latest version.

Here are some screens;
Spoiler: show

Here is download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12n-Bzx ... p=drivesdk

Credits:
Witchking 666 (blocks)
Crazydev (Special blocks)

I hope you enjoy!

MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Meadow's field (the first I made in over 7 years) -MAGLx3 version-

Postby MegaDood » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:52 am

I played your level, and here is what I have to say.
The level design was really good, I especially loved the branching paths and the level looked stunning, the styles mixed really well. However, due to the number of blocks, the game ran slowly for me, I don't know if it's just me or the level. Anyway, the best part in my opinion was the barrel cannons, and it's a shame they weren't used further in the level, as the later part of the level went for a more simple layout. Well done with your level.
My Project:
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

TheBossCDA
Spiny
Spiny
Chat Username: TheBossCDA

Postby TheBossCDA » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:03 pm

Sweet level. Off the bat, the music choice seemed a bit confusing to me, but once the barrel section kicked in, I think it fit really well. I like how you stuck to a few key enemies and varied them really neatly. It's cool having to fight a hammer bro on the ground in one section, and in the next section, having to avoid that same enemy but while shooting around in barrels.

Speaking of the barrels, I think that was the strongest point of the level. I wish the element was used more liberally in the beginning, and like MegaDood said, the end. Specifically, I think it would help to have had a more thorough introduction to the mechanic for those who haven't placed the DKC games. Maybe you could have had one earlier in the level in an empty location void of enemies (so the player has less to focus on) that could be simply jumped into. Currently, players have to risk jumping a huge gap to try out the mechanic for the first time.
Also, maybe the music could have been grassland ambiance until you activate this new first barrel, triggering the guitar to kick in. Or maybe not. I'm just a sucker for dynamic music in my levels ;)

I also wish there could have been more secrets. I climbed all over the place using the vines, and each time I got to an interesting little alcove or pit, I expected secrets, but didn't find many. The ones I did find were cool, I just wish there could have been more of them.

FatalPepper66
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby FatalPepper66 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:23 am

Pretty forest level! That's nice!

Return to “Levels”