The Thwomp Kingdom

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

The Thwomp Kingdom

Postby The Thwomp King » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:08 pm

It's been long overdue that I made a level thread for me to post my own levels, so my apologies for taking this long. Here you'll most certainly find levels I personally made for my current project, Super Mario Country, so I hope you guys like the progress you may see. There'll likely be more polish needed with any level added here, so any criticism is accepted as well. Anyways I hope you all enjoy what you see over time!

4-4 Treetop Town (April 6th, 2020)
Spoiler: show
As soon as I found out barrel cannons existed in SMBX 2 I had to get into making a level similar to its namesake on DKC. Although I found it extremely difficult to implement BGO's to this level, I don't feel it as a huge necessity for the exact environment this level is taking place in as well as the vast limitations to what I could actually do to decorate the trees you venture through. Regardless I really enjoyed making it and testing it out before being happy with what is done now.
Screenshot:
Download:

5-8 Ropeclimb Rumble (Sometime in 2016 with some edits)
A handful of you still around may remember this old gem from years back, and I tried making some changes to it based on previous comments and critiques. Not sure if I had addressed all of them, but I tried to keep improving the level and I'm always open to hearing back. More changes will be coming for the final version in the episode.
Screenshot:
Download:

Check out my current project, Super Mario Country:

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: The Thwomp Kingdom

Postby Teemster2 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:39 pm

Nice pictures. The The levels look awesome. To bad we don't have more actuall DKC baddies such as Zingers (yellow/ red invincible) but the one you have looks cool. More rideables would have been cool to but I know that's impossible or really difficult in smbx.

The DKC series for me was always better then smb series only because of the music and scenic backgrounds. I cant wait for your episode to come out. Good job again.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Re: The Thwomp Kingdom

Postby The Thwomp King » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:04 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:39 pm
Nice pictures. The The levels look awesome. To bad we don't have more actuall DKC baddies such as Zingers (yellow/ red invincible) but the one you have looks cool. More rideables would have been cool to but I know that's impossible or really difficult in smbx.

The DKC series for me was always better then smb series only because of the music and scenic backgrounds. I cant wait for your episode to come out. Good job again.
Yeah I'm taking every little update with DKC NPCs as a victory for now, but hopefully more get added overtime. And yeah I agree with that too. I appreciate the support!

Check out my current project, Super Mario Country:

Return to “Levels”