Idruinn's Custom Levels Thread

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
idruinn
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: Don't worry, be happy!
Current Project: Making a Magnum Opus of Philosophical Alchemy since 1993.

Re: Edges and Slides

Postby idruinn » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:27 am

All the problems with the previous levels were because I was using an older version of SMBX2. I was using MAGLX3 version which was causing problems. I am now using BETA version 4 and the error has been fixed.

I have remade some parts of the levels and have changed their musics to the original ones that were in the beginning. I hope you enjoy playing.

Blessings, may you be happy and in peace.

Thank you very much for your tips Eclipsed, you have helped me a lot. A hug brother, I hope you enjoy now the level. :D

Added in 10 minutes 35 seconds:
Bullet51 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:19 am
It's somewhat counterintutive that Mario can stand here:
Yes, I tried to solve the problem but I could not do anything. :D

Blessings, bro :!: :!: :!: :D
Last edited by idruinn on Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you wish to understand the Universe think of energy, frequency and vibration.

If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the Universe.

What we now want is closer contact and better understanding between individuals and communities all over the Earth, and the elimination of egoism and pride which is always prone to plunge the world into primeval barbarism and strife. Peace can only come as a natural consequence of universal enlightenment.

Nikola Tesla

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Project planned; waiting for SMBX2 Beta 4

Postby Murphmario » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:15 pm

idruinn wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:50 am
Bullet51 wrote:

Maybe you could remove the hill or replace it with some scenery that doesn't block the sizable.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

idruinn
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby idruinn » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:11 pm

Murphmario wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:15 pm
idruinn wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:50 am
Bullet51 wrote:

Maybe you could remove the hill or replace it with some scenery that doesn't block the sizable.
Yes, you are right. Thank you bro!!! :D
Blessings!
If you wish to understand the Universe think of energy, frequency and vibration.

If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the Universe.

What we now want is closer contact and better understanding between individuals and communities all over the Earth, and the elimination of egoism and pride which is always prone to plunge the world into primeval barbarism and strife. Peace can only come as a natural consequence of universal enlightenment.

Nikola Tesla

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Postby Eclipsed » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:52 pm

idruinn wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:11 pm

Blessings!
so you're planning on updating the level

idruinn
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby idruinn » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:04 pm

Eclipsed wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:52 pm
idruinn wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:11 pm

Blessings!
so you're planning on updating the level
Yes, I am planning on updating the level! :D

Nikola Tesla

idruinn
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby idruinn » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:55 am

I am currently working on the creation of several new levels. I hope they are finished soon. I really want to share them with all of you.

I wish you are very well.

Blessings bros!!! :D

Nikola Tesla

Nooga Productions
Banned

Re: Idruinn's Custom Levels Thread

Postby Nooga Productions » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:17 pm

Your both levels might look simple, but I support you! Don't give up and keep making good levels in the future!!
I'm the supporter of

Spoiler: show

I'm currently inactive right now. Please don't reply to me nor PM me. If you want to contact me, email me via [email protected] instead. Thanks. :(

Damn you Bullet51

Hatsune Blake
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Super Mario Island
Chat Username: Hatsune Blake

Postby Hatsune Blake » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:38 pm

Hey there, Idruinn! I did a playthrough of your Night Run level, and recorded it, giving commentary & feedback on the level.
Here's the video. Enjoy :)
Check out my custom GFX pack!
The two logos below are made by FyreNova, the one true Nova.

Please check out my levels!
My up and coming project:

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Eclipsed » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:50 pm

idruinn wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:04 pm

Just a word of advice, when you update a level you want to post that you did so on the forums. I'm still waiting for the edges and slides update. Another thing is that you should put all of your levels in the first post. It'll be more convenient for people to find them.

idruinn
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby idruinn » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:41 pm

Nooga Productions wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:17 pm
Your both levels might look simple, but I support you! Don't give up and keep making good levels in the future!!
Thank you bro. I will keep learning and making levels. Thank you for the support!!!
Blessings bro!!!

Added in 7 minutes 27 seconds:
Hatsune Blake wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:38 pm
Hey there, Idruinn! I did a playthrough of your Night Run level, and recorded it, giving commentary & feedback on the level.
Here's the video. Enjoy :)
Thank you very much Hatsune for playing, recording, and giving commentary and feedback on the level!!!
Thank you for all the tips you said!!!
All the level was made to function a bit weird, like the power-ups put in hidden blocks instead of question blocks, the grass upon metallic and cement blocks, etc.
You are very right about the massive amount of NPC's in some parts of the level. I will try to improve that!!!
Blessings bro!!!
I wish you are very well!!!

Added in 7 minutes 45 seconds:
Eclipsed wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:50 pm
idruinn wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:04 pm

Just a word of advice, when you update a level you want to post that you did so on the forums. I'm still waiting for the edges and slides update. Another thing is that you should put all of your levels in the first post. It'll be more convenient for people to find them.
Thank you very much for the tips bro!!! I will follow them!!!
Sorry, I sent you a private message and had not warned you through the level thread. In the message I said to you that Edges and Slides was currently updated. I should have thought that maybe you did not see it.
I wish you very well!!!
Blessings bro!!!

Nikola Tesla

Nooga Productions
Banned

Postby Nooga Productions » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:57 pm

Wait! And how's about me now? :D
I'm the supporter of

I'm currently inactive right now. Please don't reply to me nor PM me. If you want to contact me, email me via [email protected] instead. Thanks. :(

Damn you Bullet51

idruinn
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby idruinn » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:00 am

Nooga Productions wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:57 pm
Wait! And how's about me now? :D
Please don't troll anymore.
Last edited by idruinn on Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nikola Tesla

idruinn
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby idruinn » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:03 am

Eclipsed wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:53 am
idruinn wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:00 am
Ping
So is Edges and Slides finished then?
Yes, at least as it is now, it is currently finished. I removed the BGO that was misplaced. I am making new levels and they will be better than these ones I put in the beginning of the thread. Maybe, a few months from now, I will completely transform the level of Edges and Slides to give it a very substantial change, I'll see what I do. At the moment, Edges and Slides remains as it is.

Thank you Eclipsed for all the support you are giving me. You are helping me a lot.

I wish you are very well!!!
Blessings bro!!!

Nikola Tesla

idruinn
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby idruinn » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:25 pm

A new level has been added.

Sky Fantasy.

Sorry, I don't remember the creators of the Graphics. If someone knows it, please notice me and I will add the credits. Thank you.

Nikola Tesla

Bullet51
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Chat Username: Bullet51

Postby Bullet51 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:22 am

idruinn wrote: A new level has been added.

Sky Fantasy.

Sorry, I don't remember the creators of the Graphics. If someone knows it, please notice me and I will add the credits. Thank you.
Just my comments:

This level is too luck-based. When I played the level, there are some times where Mario was struct by Lakitu when he was just exiting a pipe.
This is not your fault: the motion of SMW Lakitu is too random.

idruinn
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby idruinn » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:16 am

Just my comments:

This level is too luck-based. When I played the level, there are some times where Mario was struct by Lakitu when he was just exiting a pipe.
Thank you for the reply Bullet51. Should I fix it removing the Lakitu from the vertical section?

Nikola Tesla

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Eclipsed » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:29 pm

idruinn wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:16 am
Just my comments:

Thank you for the reply Bullet51. Should I fix it removing the Lakitu from the vertical section?
I'm pretty sure that you can fix that by making the lakitu friendly. The way they work is that the lakitu themself doesn't damage you. Instead, only the npcs the lakitus throw do. Also lakitus never throw at you if you're above them so that could be better.

idruinn
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby idruinn » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:04 pm

I'm pretty sure that you can fix that by making the lakitu friendly. The way they work is that the lakitu themself doesn't damage you. Instead, only the npcs the lakitus throw do. Also lakitus never throw at you if you're above them so that could be better.
Thank you Eclipsed, you are right. I have fixed the problem following your instructions. I just updated the level and also the download link. Now everything is correct. Thank you very much brother.

Nikola Tesla

Return to “Levels”