THIS EPISODE IS NOW FULLY RELEASED! CHECK IT OUT: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25450&p=368220#p368220p
DOWNLOAD BETA 2 HERE: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-AkPo ... jvGafHm4F9
I am very pleased to announce that the second beta version of my SMBX episode is complete & now released! This version is a much more polished, almost completed version of my first official SMBX project!
Essentially, it's more of a traditional episode that takes great inspiration off of the NSMB series, as it features the 8 world types that you all know and love, as well as a secret 9th world! Currently, this beta features the main eight worlds. The 9th one is in development as we speak, and I hope to have it released by the end of Summer 2020!
WORLD 8 MAP OVERVIEW:
https://twitter.com/Unknown68D_/status/ ... 33888?s=20
WORLDS 1-7 MAP OVERVIEW:
https://twitter.com/Unknown68D_/status/ ... 39138?s=20
- World 8 is fully completed, containing all sorts of levels such as main levels, castles, fortresses, airships, & tanks!
NEW BOSS FIGHTS! Take on a plethora of new bosses in this world such as Reznor, Ludwig Von Koopa, Dry Bowser, The Koopa Bros. & a five-phase final fight against Bowser!
- More story-driven elements that outline the stakes, including backstory as to why Bowser wants to kidnap Peach!
- Peach's Castle has been re-created from scratch to include much more please background objects & more intuitive design!
- The Star Progress Room in Peach’s Castle is fully completed with all 8 of the main worlds, with a total of 81 stars to collect!
- A Secret Exit Room in Peach's Castle has been created, containing information on how to unlock all the secret exits in the main game! Stars are required to unlock this information. Happy star-searching!
- Minor bug fixes, enhancements, improvements & grammatical corrections.
- World 9. I plan on creating eight or so unlockable special levels that require collecting all 81 stars. Completing all of the levels in World 9 WITH all of the Dragon Coins to unlock access to ALL powerups in the game as your final reward!
- A MAJOR DIFFICULTY OVERHAUL! I will be doing rigorous, comprehensive playtesting both on-stream and off-stream to fine-tune the difficulty, as I've built the levels specifically around only my ability to play SMBX, not taking into account newcomers or unfair/unclear challenges. DM me on Discord @Unknown68D#0308 if you'd like to help me playtest & provide feedback!
- (Perhaps) A complete storyline & a re-created intro cutscene.
- Trailers to promote this episode.
- Other cleanup items such as graphics/dialogue consistencies, bug fixes, grammatical errors, tiling, etc.
MY SMBX STORY (A Work-In-Progress, Full Story to Come Later):
I have been a long-time player of SMBX for many years to date, and I've been working on this episode on and off for as long as I can remember. This dates back to at LEAST six or seven years ago. After rekindling my motivation for level creating after 2-3 years of inactivity in between, I set out to finish what I've started. I've been intensively working on completing this project ever since!
- Beta 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=121Es3 ... ChH8YWcPGz