A Bloodstained Project Idea Concept

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Idunn
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: He/Him

A Bloodstained Project Idea Concept

Postby Idunn » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:15 am

Update on 16/01/2021:
The Project Concept is a reality now for a few Days and we had some thinking of the playables just being reskins! Altough now it looks like we might be able to actually get them as Fully Custom Characters like Steve or Yoshi because as of Today MrDoubleA joined our Team!

Here are Videos to show what Bloodstained is in case you are new to it!
Spoiler: show

Hello fellow Community Members, It's me Idunn with a Conecpt Idea for now!

This post is mostly now just to see if people are interested into this, so nothing is done so far regarding this since I now call it more of a Conecpt Idea.

Recently I had the Idea of replacing most of SMBX Mario Content with the one from the Game Bloodstained Curse of the Moon.
There's a large variety of NPCS posted on Spriters-Resource (Link Here: https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_co ... ofthemoon/) that I would love to see in SMBX but not in a Mario like Project and more of a Bloodstained/Castlevania one..

Now I already had worked out the Playable Characters for this first Project, which would be Zangetsu the same one from Ritual of the Night (https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_co ... et/145566/) and Dominique (https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_co ... et/145575/)

The Story would follow them both into Wallachia where the death risen up from a new Source of Dark Energy, thinking that Gremory might be the cause of this they travel deep down into Wallachia in which they learn that the Villagers claim that the once Greek Gods also are involved in this! The Story would later then give them a Travel into Cvstodia (The Place where the Game Blasphemous plays) where they learn about a being called "The Miracle" that turned the people into creatures who now attack their beloved ones. More over the Churche has also been affected by this Cause, so they will need to investigate what is happening around and who this Miracle is while not stopping to hunt down Gremory.

The catch with this though is that I won't be able to do this all alone which is why I'm asking around now if People would be interested in Helping making this and contribute to this Project. We never really saw a Castlevania Project so far with SMBX, and generally there is a huge lack of it for SMBX.
I Know that the activity isn't what it used to be but there is always hope for this!

I have decided that X2 would be the best for this as it features a lot of oppurtunites for this and since it's the majority used Engine also.
Now look, I know this sounds like begging for help and probably that I'm lazy because I need people to work with me on this.. but this has always been a huge thing i wanted to make and in order to achieve it I will need a Team like any other Indie Game mostly have.

Everyone is welcomed to join, but for now this is just a Concept Idea (Said that pretty often now lol) it's just now here to see if Interest is into this or not.

This is also not affilated with anything else and Won't be because this is my Dream which is still far away now!

Thanks for your Time and reeading this.

Greetings, Idunn!

Team Members:
Idunn (Corporate of GameBeam Studios)
Koob_noob (The guy who made the sprite of Dream for Eclipsed)
gbradley231 (Ripper)
SquishyRex (Ripper)
MrDoubleA (Custom Playables Maker)
Suckerman7GM (Beta Tester for future)
MegaDood: (Lua and maybe graphical designer)

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/wv4yF6u2xC please respect each other there!
Last edited by Idunn on Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:25 am, edited 6 times in total.

Idunn
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: A Bloodstained Project Idea Concept

Postby Idunn » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:44 pm

Squishy Rex
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Squishy Rex » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:28 am

What a horrible night to have a curse...
SMBX Asset Archive
COMING SOON!

Idunn
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Idunn » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:22 pm

Update as of 16/01/2021:

First off some Screens on our Progress:
Second: I've added our little Team on the first post and I also welcome MrDoubleA on the Team, He might be able to make us the custom playables so they won't just be Link Reskins now! It will take some time but the Project hasn't started being progressed as we are still on the ripping part and our Team also has Real Life stuff to do.

Current Team now is:
Idunn (Corporate of GameBeam Studios)
Koob_noob (The guy who made the sprite of Dream for Eclipsed)
gbradley231 (Ripper)
SquishyRex (Ripper)
MrDoubleA (Custom Playables Maker)
Suckerman7GM (Beta Tester for future)

The First Episode goes under the Name of Bloodstained Dance of Doom!
I've established the Indie Group GameBeam Studios for this now!

Stay tuned for further Updates here!

NicoBros
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: Heh.

Postby NicoBros » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:53 pm

Idunn wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:44 pm

The concept idea is kinda good, but the fact you think you're making an indie game and not the gamer equivalent of a fanfic it's slighty funny - and you're even using a "game studio" name for it lol, ngl.

Remember, if you're making an "original" game in SMBX,it's not an indie project, but an actual fangame.
... Unless you somehow remake everything of it outside the SMBX engine, with actually original ideas and etc.

For now, I guess your concept idea is more for a fangame than an actual indie game lul.
(Know as NicoBros The Koopa Mage as well.)
Hello, it's a me, NicoBros! I'm not an active SMBX user anymore. Sometimes I do talk here just for talk. Heh.

Idunn
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Idunn » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:16 pm

NicoBros wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:53 pm
The concept idea is kinda good, but the fact you think you're making an indie game and not the gamer equivalent of a fanfic it's slighty funny - and you're even using a "game studio" name for it lol, ngl.

Remember, if you're making an "original" game in SMBX,it's not an indie project, but an actual fangame.
... Unless you somehow remake everything of it outside the SMBX engine, with actually original ideas and etc.

For now, I guess your concept idea is more for a fangame than an actual indie game lul.
I agree lol, it is more of a fangame as all the contenct isn't really original and exists already!

So far we do have fun doing it that matters most not to forget I've been wanting to do this since Years actually.

Idunn
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Idunn » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:24 am

We are still looking for Graphical Designers, there’s still a lot of work and it’s not an easy task for 2-3 people.

I also welcome MegaDood to the Team!

Return to “Projects”