SMCCA: Origins

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
georgespezi12
Dolphin
Dolphin

SMCCA: Origins

Postby georgespezi12 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:50 am

This is a project based on the diverse locales of the USA ranging from forests to deserts to plains and cities. I started the series around 2020 but stopped for a long while before reviving it in 2021 with a massive rethinking of my plans.

SMCCA Origins is made in SMBX2 Beta 4, and it will contain 24 main-line levels and 4 secret levels, each level having a distinct theme and game mechanic. My team at the moment is very small, but they've helped me with spritework and betatesting of the project. For this demo I've decided to pare down the scope to just the Western half and shelving a number of planned mechanics which would have needed fairly advanced Lua to implement, but the central aspect of the gameplay is still there.

Story
The Federation is a mighty power aligned with the Mushroom Kingdom through long historical ties, having a great influence on the entire Mushroom World. But now these ties have been severed by an event happening on the Mushroom Kingdom's side, and to make things even worse the Princess has been taken hostage by the ever-present Bowser. Now Mario must save the Federation and rescue the Princess from Bowser on his volcanic island castle.

Support Team:
Spoiler: show
Sans1m0n - Sprites
Reintendo0 - Betatesting
Marioman2007 - Helped me on advice to improve my project's visuals and with implementing lua libraries.
Screenshots
Spoiler: show

Credits are on a sheet in the demo files

SMCCA Origins Western Demo

georgespezi12
Dolphin
Dolphin

Re: SMCCA: Origins

Postby georgespezi12 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:23 pm

Dragonfan96 dropped me off a really good review of my demo!

Return to “Projects”