By Team CTGTOSAs a result of Marioman2007 and I finally finishing the main framework for replicating the gameplay of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, we planned on adding levels themed around "Captain Toad's Adventures" in our main project, Captain Toad Goes to Outer Space. However, we found out that it was fun to make short puzzles and levels themed around the mechanic of "being unable to jump". This resulted in the birth of our new side project - Captain Toad: Prism Star Quest!
Today is a big day for the Mushroom Kingdom as Princess Peach is celebrating her birthday. Many of her friends, including Mario & Luigi, are bringing many gifts for her, but Captain Toad still hasn't decided on which gift to get!
Recently, there were rumors spread across Toad Town about the shiny Prism Star - a giant rainbow-colored Power Star which is considered one of the rarest known Power Stars in existence. When the news reaches Captain Toad, he decided that the Prism Star might be the best gift to get for Princess Peach's birthday, and so he sets out on an adventure to retrieve it.
It may seem easy for him, until he runs into the dastardly Kuroku the Raccoon Thief. Kuroku becomes an instant rival to Captain Toad, knowing that the former's also going for the Prism Star just like him. He's looking to steal the Prism Star to add it to his collection of rare treasures. But not until Captain Toad manages to get here first. And you can help our great adventurer out!
Captain Toad: Prism Star Quest combines the "no-jumping" gameplay of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker & the "Captain Toad's Adventures" levels in Super Mario 3D World with that of the 2D side-scrolling gameplay of traditional Mario platformers. Guide Captain Toad across small puzzles and even side-scrolling ventures as you adventure to collect the Prism Star before Kuroku the Raccoon Thief does.
- Play as Captain Toad! He cannot jump or spinjump, but regardless, you can still help him get past the many obstacles.
- About 20-30 short levels are planned, equivalent to the length of an average Episode in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. Look out for some optional challenges as well!
- Featuring the works of FutureNyanCat, MegaDood, Prism Emerald, and more!
- Three Super Gems to collect in each level! Can you collect them all?
- Featuring the many gimmicks of LunaLUA from the SMBX community, all redefined in the context of Captain Toad's adventure!
- A modern take on the SMW art style
- No Bowser/Bowser Jr./Koopalings. That'll be lame-o!
- A few cameo appearances...
- And more!
Warning: Not final and may be subject to change! VIDEOS DISCORD
Looking forward to more development updates on this minisode? Check out the Captain Toad Goes to Outer Space Discord server!
SUPPORT THE PROJECT
Feel free to put this in your signature:
Code: Select all
Featuring over 28+ levels spanning across Earth and even seven alien planets, Captain Toad Goes to Outer Space is a reboot of my cancelled SMBX 1.3 project, Toad Goes to Outer Space. With Planet Mars on a sudden collision course, can you help Captain Toad and the Toad Brigade save Planet Earth from an apocalyptic doom, while finding the root cause of everything?