the cool BOSS RUSH (All Problems FIXED) (WIP)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
DagekiSquare
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Current Project: the cool BOSS RUSH

the cool BOSS RUSH (All Problems FIXED) (WIP)

Postby DagekiSquare » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:40 pm

Hey guys its me DAgekiSquare again 8-) my project got taken down because soem requires were not met but that is
okedoke because i fixed ALL of the problems and added more stuff aswell! :D :D :D

There are 3 bosses in here so far:
1. BoomBoom
2.Big goombo
3.regular sized thwomp man

Here is the donwload link here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0jnmm ... S+RUSH.rar

And here are some cool screenshote pictures of the bosses! (3 pics to be EXACTLY EXact)

hav some fun and remember this: I love you all so much!
the best smbx aepisode maker in the world since bossedit88 :D

RhysOwens
Lakitu
Lakitu

Re: the cool BOSS RUSH (All Problems FIXED) (WIP)

Postby RhysOwens » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:10 pm

1st Screenshot: There's clash and cutoff.
2nd Screenshot: More clash and the Grand Goomba would die in milliseconds.
3rd Screenshot: The Hammer suits are on top of eachother and you used sizable blocks for the ground.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:34 pm

RhysOwens wrote:2nd Screenshot: More clash and the Grand Goomba would die in milliseconds..
Nope, that's not what clash is. Clash is when two objects are placed in a vicinity of each other and are not compatible; it's got nothing to do with the games they come from. In the second screenshot all the graphics fit in alright and nothing stands out like a sore thumb. A true example of clash would be lava in a Toad House, grass tiles in a castle, or even lighter-shaded objects in a dark environment.

But anyway Dageki, for a first project, it's pretty reasonable. But the third screen's a bit off for me. You can use the Hammer Suits and kill the Thwomp in a matter of seconds, and the sizable blocks look weird and out-of-place.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

RhysOwens
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby RhysOwens » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:19 pm

Linik wrote:
RhysOwens wrote:2nd Screenshot: More clash and the Grand Goomba would die in milliseconds..
Nope, that's not what clash is. Clash is when two objects are placed in a vicinity of each other and are not compatible; it's got nothing to do with the games they come from. In the second screenshot all the graphics fit in alright and nothing stands out like a sore thumb. A true example of clash would be lava in a Toad House, grass tiles in a castle, or even lighter-shaded objects in a dark environment.

But anyway Dageki, for a first project, it's pretty reasonable. But the third screen's a bit off for me. You can use the Hammer Suits and kill the Thwomp in a matter of seconds, and the sizable blocks look weird and out-of-place.
On the second screenshot, there's clash between SMB3 BGOs and SMW Grass Tiles. I remember reading something about that in the Community GFX Pack.

Tango
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: None
Chat Username: Tango

Postby Tango » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:24 pm

RhysOwens wrote: On the second screenshot, there's clash between SMB3 BGOs and SMW Grass Tiles. I remember reading something about that in the Community GFX Pack.
Yeah, there is, but it says that is Ok if used correctly.

Even more, clashing has nothing to do with versions. If you find something that is from SMB3, other that is from SMW, combine them doesn't means it's bad. In fact, if it's a fine combination, it evens gets a bonus score for clever use of more than one style.

There he used SMB3 bgos and SMW tiles, but if you ignore the facts that is SMW and SMB3, and you're seeing this for the first time, you can tell it's okay.

---
@DagekiSquare
It's a WIP, right? It's a good beginning, I guess. Boss rushes aren't very appreciated here, but who knows you can show us a exception?

Try to make creative use of power-ups, blocks and tiles in battle, look forward custom graphics to try create new bosses no available in the default NPC list, and learn how to use layers and events. If you do those thing, you'll be walking in the road for a good episode.

RhysOwens
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby RhysOwens » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:15 am

Tango wrote:
RhysOwens wrote: On the second screenshot, there's clash between SMB3 BGOs and SMW Grass Tiles. I remember reading something about that in the Community GFX Pack.
Yeah, there is, but it says that is Ok if used correctly.

Even more, clashing has nothing to do with versions. If you find something that is from SMB3, other that is from SMW, combine them doesn't means it's bad. In fact, if it's a fine combination, it evens gets a bonus score for clever use of more than one style.

There he used SMB3 bgos and SMW tiles, but if you ignore the facts that is SMW and SMB3, and you're seeing this for the first time, you can tell it's okay.
I think SM and YI together is extreme clash, right?

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:23 am

Why would you even do that?

Mb12
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Mb12 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:32 am

Well for a first project, it is not really bad. But you need to fix the BGO cut off in the first screenshot. Also in the third screenshot, the blue blocks look weird maybe you can change them into castle tiles. It'll be better.

And yeah, like Tango said. Go learn how to use custom graphics and try to use layers and events. It'll help you to create custom bosses.

Return to “Projects”