SUPER MARIO FRESH Legends Of The Unorthodox ANYONE TO FIRST BEAT THE DEMO WINS A FREE SHIRT AND PACKAGE!

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Re: SUPER MARIO FRESH Legends Of The Unorthodox NEW DEMO 1.5 RELEASE with Extended Game Play of 3 Different Ending

Postby FanofSMBX » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:28 am

This game seems great, especially the variety of levels. However, I would recommend you to use more graphics that aren't made by Valtteri for more variety. Here is the online SMBX Graphics Cloud for many examples.
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... C9678BB8FA
Also, I'm sorry to say this, but you'll have to remake Goom Goom in Paint.NET or somesuch program (if using Paint.NET, be sure to switch "Bilinear" to "Nearest Neighbor" when resizing a selection). MS Paint makes the graphics have little fuzz dots on them.

PS: Why is Zelda on the cover if she's not a playable character... or is she a secret character :D

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

MUFASA RKG
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Bucket Fresh Studios presents SUPER MARIO FRESH BROS Legends Of The Unorthodox

Re: SUPER MARIO FRESH Legends Of The Unorthodox NEW DEMO 1.5 RELEASE with Extended Game Play of 3 Different Ending

Postby MUFASA RKG » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:57 am

Thank you for the feedback. Means a lot for advice and consideration on further development.
FanofSMBX wrote:This game seems great, especially the variety of levels. However, I would recommend you to use more graphics that aren't made by Valtteri for more variety. Here is the online SMBX Graphics Cloud for many examples.
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... C9678BB8FA
I will look into it and study what it has. Thank you. Even though I did use and create a lot of the game with Valtteri GFX pack, I did download a few other packs that I use help build into the game. Do you recommend any packs for me to use?

FanofSMBX wrote:Also, I'm sorry to say this, but you'll have to remake Goom Goom in Paint.NET or somesuch program (if using Paint.NET, be sure to switch "Bilinear" to "Nearest Neighbor" when resizing a selection). MS Paint makes the graphics have little fuzz dots on them.
Why would I have to re-size and work on the NPC for Goom Goom? He looks very good while playing with him and using all power up items very smoothly I must say. Doesn't feel stiff or out of touch with the game play itself. Does he look weird or off or too simple? Mind also I did not create the NPC for Goom Goom as I had search and downloaded as a single pack to use.
FanofSMBX wrote:PS: Why is Zelda on the cover if she's not a playable character... or is she a secret character :D
Zelda will be very well tied into the story and am right now finding means as close to getting her NPC as a character in the game itself. I doubt she would be a playable character to find but as and arc to the story as you run into her and her situation of why Princess Peach must be stop from creating new magic as it has cause her side of the dimension chaos. Not that Peach is an evil character but most of the "seems like situation" is that she created much chaos and released three demi gods of the Dark Forbidden Magic Relms that brainwashed Larry and Ludwig Koopa.

#ArtMusicCultureExperience

MUFASA RKG
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Bucket Fresh Studios presents SUPER MARIO FRESH BROS Legends Of The Unorthodox

NEW VIDEO INSIDE GAME PLAY DEMO WITH TWO PLAYER TESTING!

Postby MUFASA RKG » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:41 am

The game system now will carry on with a two player system as well. The stories will take part as in the second player using TOAD as his story side of the game will start as well as MARIO's quest to find out what is going on with the Mushroom Kingdom. I will have to make alot of different paths and player icons for the game to progress well. Whatever level a player enters, they both in at the same time. So the game will be co op helpful in tough areas.

>>CLICK THE NEW VIDEO BELOW<<
https://youtu.be/NEMvKG_zcts

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Re: SUPER MARIO FRESH Legends Of The Unorthodox NEW DEMO 1.5 RELEASE INCLUDED WITH FREE SOUNDTRACK FOR DOWNLOAD!

Postby FanofSMBX » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:00 am

I'm sorry for not replying earlier. So what I meant was, that if you look in a screenshot of Goom Goom, the hearts look pixel perfect. But if you look on somewhere like Goom Goom's shoes, you can see many "small pixels" that are slight variations on the real shade, and I don't mean the shading, but I mean some kind of glitchy speckles. Instead of being double-sized like all SMBX graphics, they are single-pixel sized.

Also this is unrelated to your actual levels and stuff but I dunno how to feel about the dark themes like magic and dark gods in a Mario game. I understand that you're trying to make a more developed story but it feels a little removed from Mario.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

MUFASA RKG
Spiny
Spiny

Re: SUPER MARIO FRESH Legends Of The Unorthodox NEW DEMO 1.5 RELEASE INCLUDED WITH FREE SOUNDTRACK FOR DOWNLOAD!

Postby MUFASA RKG » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:56 am

FanofSMBX wrote:I'm sorry for not replying earlier. So what I meant was, that if you look in a screenshot of Goom Goom, the hearts look pixel perfect. But if you look on somewhere like Goom Goom's shoes, you can see many "small pixels" that are slight variations on the real shade, and I don't mean the shading, but I mean some kind of glitchy speckles. Instead of being double-sized like all SMBX graphics, they are single-pixel sized.
I understand what your saying. I'm going to see if I can go in and correct on him a little bit using Photoshop CS.
FanofSMBX wrote:Also this is unrelated to your actual levels and stuff but I dunno how to feel about the dark themes like magic and dark gods in a Mario game. I understand that you're trying to make a more developed story but it feels a little removed from Mario.
Well it can be taken in many ways. When I originally did this story of Mario which took a while, I had studied several official Nintendo canon games from the Bros. Series. Starting from the first two between Mario Bro.s and Super Mario Bros for the Famicom. The original story was in fact based around Dark magic created by King Koopa before he was known as Bowser. King Koopa was the reason why most of the Question Blocks, Various power Items, and etc were originally Toads of the Mushroom Kingdom that King Koopa had transformed into these various of items. Princess Toadstool was in the fact the only one beside the King to turn the toads back into normal Toads of the land from The Evil Dark Magic of King Koopa because she had Good magic. This is why King Koopa or Bowser was always trying to capture her, "besides trying to marry her after down the line" but the start of the story was to capture Toadstool so Koopa can prevent her magic from turning the Toads back to normal. This is where a good portion of where my story thrives from. Hope it makes sense.

This is also why I rated the game TEEN just in case to more mature references.

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Re: SUPER MARIO FRESH Legends Of The Unorthodox DEMO WALK THROUGH PLAYING LIVE ON FACEBOOK NOW!!

Postby FanofSMBX » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:41 am

Here is a cool YI Goomba playable I found!
viewtopic.php?t=13851

My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

RSupertheGreat
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: I'm the Unfounded Artist.
Current Project: TMC, M&L Dimensional Shift
Chat Username: RSuperPKEsper

Re: SUPER MARIO FRESH Legends Of The Unorthodox DEMO WALK THROUGH PLAYING LIVE ON FACEBOOK NOW!!

Postby RSupertheGreat » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:47 am

FanofSMBX wrote:Here is a cool YI Goomba playable I found!
viewtopic.php?t=13851
I found that the YI Goomba playable is missing it's player effect but hey, I just leave my effect here.
ImageImage

I rarely come here cus I preferred to be in Discord and anything outside of being in the forums.

The Untold Truth: show
Most people here don't assume my gender, feel free to use "they" and "them" as long as it doesn't refer to many people or something. But I'm of course a girl.
Imageyes i have g+ except its gonna get shut down soon rip
Best moments on Discord: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Linkopolis: show
ImageImageImageImage
hi there signature reader

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:56 am

RSupertheGreat wrote:
viewtopic.php?t=13851
I found that the YI Goomba playable is missing it's player effect but hey, I just leave my effect here.
ImageImage
Cool! Does this mean your computer is working again and you can contribute to the Graphics Cloud? :D

My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

RSupertheGreat
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: I'm the Unfounded Artist.
Current Project: TMC, M&L Dimensional Shift
Chat Username: RSuperPKEsper

Postby RSupertheGreat » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:21 am

FanofSMBX wrote:
RSupertheGreat wrote:
viewtopic.php?t=13851
ImageImage
Cool! Does this mean your computer is working again and you can contribute to the Graphics Cloud? :D
Sure my computer is working right now. :)
Apparently, I don't have a lot of time to work on GFX Cloud (basically like I don't know how to do it and I'm pretty aware if I do something wrong).

I rarely come here cus I preferred to be in Discord and anything outside of being in the forums.

The Untold Truth: show
Most people here don't assume my gender, feel free to use "they" and "them" as long as it doesn't refer to many people or something. But I'm of course a girl.
Imageyes i have g+ except its gonna get shut down soon rip
Best moments on Discord: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Linkopolis: show
ImageImageImageImage
hi there signature reader

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:38 am

RSupertheGreat wrote:
FanofSMBX wrote:
RSupertheGreat wrote: I found that the YI Goomba playable is missing it's player effect but hey, I just leave my effect here.
ImageImage
Sure my computer is working right now. :)
Apparently, I don't have a lot of time to work on GFX Cloud (basically like I don't know how to do it and I'm pretty aware if I do something wrong).
It's ok that you don't have a lot of time. But it sure is easy! You need to make a OneDrive account, then you can either right click or drag from an open window to upload a folder to the right folder in the pack. I noticed sometimes you have GIF and PNG graphics in the same pack, so you will have to change that for the online pack as gif and png graphics are separated. I added some tutorial .txts in the pack to guide people.

My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

MUFASA RKG
Spiny
Spiny

NEW VANILLA DOME AREA SCREENSHOTS!! ( Design Test Play Photos )

Postby MUFASA RKG » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:33 am

viewtopic.php?t=13851

This is so dope! I like this one a lot. He does mention he missing death effect however.
RSupertheGreat wrote: Apparently, I don't have a lot of time to work on GFX Cloud (basically like I don't know how to do it and I'm pretty aware if I do something wrong).
It's ok that you don't have a lot of time. But it sure is easy! You need to make a OneDrive account, then you can either right click or drag from an open window to upload a folder to the right folder in the pack. I noticed sometimes you have GIF and PNG graphics in the same pack, so you will have to change that for the online pack as gif and png graphics are separated. I added some tutorial .txts in the pack to guide people.
Is is possible for you to help me create NPC sprites for this current game? How difficult is it to do?

NEW VANILLA DOME DESIGN SHOTS!

I've been working on design level flaw corrections and some entrance issues. As well as expanding the game from where I last release the demo version. I have took some time to the side first to play the play while screen recorded with a Bandicam program. It was a free version obviously until I decide to by the full version. So I took all the clips and made a edit full version of the game play without trick cut transitions so this will be a straight forward play with no cheat codes. Deaths will be included fairly in this walkthrough. This video walk through release should be able to give more exposure of the game itself and the music background sound selections. This video will contain secrets and spoilers but will not be a complete walkthrough with all levels, this being a huge demo as it is. This will provide an option route to completing the demo even though there is 3 different endings. The final full game will have 6 different endings.

For the mean time, please feel free to check out the new screenshots. Hopefully some of you can give your experiences on the game so far!

NEW LEVEL DESIGN SCREENSHOTS

Last edited by MUFASA RKG on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: All toasters toast toast
Current Project: Nothing
Chat Username: practical

Re: SUPER MARIO FRESH Legends Of The Unorthodox [ NEW WALKTHROUGH VIDEO IN PROGRESS ]

Postby Rhosty » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:09 am

The game demo plays well so far, but this is sort of bugging me...
This seems like a minor cut-off that could use some more blocks on the side to make it look better, but everything else is looking fine to me.

MUFASA RKG
Spiny
Spiny

Re: SUPER MARIO FRESH Legends Of The Unorthodox [ NEW WALKTHROUGH VIDEO IN PROGRESS ]

Postby MUFASA RKG » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:10 am

practicalshorty014 wrote:The game demo plays well so far, but this is sort of bugging me...
This seems like a minor cut-off that could use some more blocks on the side to make it look better, but everything else is looking fine to me.

Thank you I appreciate that,
Nevermind, I found it.

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Rhosty » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:13 am

MUFASA RKG wrote:
practicalshorty014 wrote:The game demo plays well so far, but this is sort of bugging me...

Thank you I appreciate that, was that one of the photos I posted? Want to know what level area that is.
That was in one of the new photos you posted about a half an hour ago.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:31 am

Why are the screens stretched, and why are you using the legacy editor? Use PGE instead.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

NightKawata
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Metanet Hunter -1
Chat Username: NightKawata

Postby NightKawata » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:17 pm

King of Eterity wrote:Why are the screens stretched, and why are you using the legacy editor? Use PGE instead.
i feel like that's probably the last item in the list of concerns
Go play Metanet Hunter CD: http://store.steampowered.com/app/586570/
Go look at Metanet Hunter CD: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15229

Code: Select all

>mario isn't canon, when you die he faces the screen

MUFASA RKG
Spiny
Spiny

Postby MUFASA RKG » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:40 pm

King of Eterity wrote:Why are the screens stretched, and why are you using the legacy editor? Use PGE instead.
What is an legacy editor and PGE? I use bandicam for the screen shots. If I need the hassle to resize them in Adobe photoshop to smaller sizes for forum scrolling then I will do that.

NightKawata wrote: i feel like that's probably the last item in the list of concerns
What are your subliminals referring to?

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Rhosty » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:02 pm

MUFASA RKG wrote: What is an legacy editor and PGE? I use bandicam for the screen shots. If I need the hassle to resize them in Adobe photoshop to smaller sizes for forum scrolling then I will do that.
Legacy Editor is the part of SMBX 1.3 where you make your levels, it's also somewhat outdated, and PGE( Platformer Game Engine) is somewhat the same thing, but it's a level editor in SMBX 2.0 that is the current up-to-date version. You should really use the F12 key on your keyboard for screenshots though, it's easier than using a whole other program.
His Bandicam is doing that, but there are other ways to take screenshots. And why can't he use the legacy editor? It's more user friendly than PGE, and chances are, he hasn't ever seen or experienced what it can do yet.

MUFASA RKG
Spiny
Spiny

Postby MUFASA RKG » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:12 pm

practicalshorty014 wrote:
MUFASA RKG wrote: What is an legacy editor and PGE? I use bandicam for the screen shots. If I need the hassle to resize them in Adobe photoshop to smaller sizes for forum scrolling then I will do that.
Legacy Editor is the part of SMBX 1.3 where you make your levels, it's also somewhat outdated, and PGE( Platformer Game Engine) is somewhat the same thing, but it's a level editor in SMBX 2.0 that is the current up-to-date version. You should really use the F12 key on your keyboard for screenshots though, it's easier than using a whole other program.
His Bandicam is doing that, but there are other ways to take screenshots. And why can't he use the legacy editor? It's more user friendly than PGE, and chances are, he hasn't ever seen or experienced what it can do yet.
My smbx engine is outdated?? I'm such a Cornball. Lol. I though it was most updated one. I hear there was a false upgrade version going around so I didn't look into that one.

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Rhosty » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:17 pm

MUFASA RKG wrote:
practicalshorty014 wrote:
My smbx engine is outdated?? I'm such a Cornball. Lol. I though it was most updated one. I hear there was a false upgrade version going around so I didn't look into that one.
You don't have to use PGE, the Legacy Editor is still being used to make good majority of episodes here. The "false upgrade version" you heard of was most likely SMBX 1.4 by 38A, which was a fanmade update from 1.3.

Return to “Projects”