SUPER MARIO FRESH Legends Of The Unorthodox ANYONE TO FIRST BEAT THE DEMO WINS A FREE SHIRT AND PACKAGE!

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
NightKawata
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Metanet Hunter -1
Chat Username: NightKawata

Re: SUPER MARIO FRESH Legends Of The Unorthodox [ NEW WALKTHROUGH VIDEO IN PROGRESS ]

Postby NightKawata » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:45 pm

MUFASA RKG wrote:
King of Eterity wrote:Why are the screens stretched, and why are you using the legacy editor? Use PGE instead.
What is an legacy editor and PGE? I use bandicam for the screen shots. If I need the hassle to resize them in Adobe photoshop to smaller sizes for forum scrolling then I will do that.

NightKawata wrote: i feel like that's probably the last item in the list of concerns
What are your subliminals referring to?
i get a very strong "late 90's the games factory fangame" vibe from the coverart and uh, generous, amount of bgo
i can't really tell if the episode is meant to be satirical

i mean if it is it's fuckin hilarious
Go play Metanet Hunter CD: http://store.steampowered.com/app/586570/
Go look at Metanet Hunter CD: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15229

Code: Select all

>mario isn't canon, when you die he faces the screen

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Re: SUPER MARIO FRESH Legends Of The Unorthodox [ NEW WALKTHROUGH VIDEO IN PROGRESS ]

Postby Electriking » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:13 pm

practicalshorty014 wrote:And why can't he use the legacy editor? It's more user friendly than PGE
No, it isn't.
MUFASA RKG wrote:What is an legacy editor and PGE?
Legacy editor is what you are using. PGE is a better, more user-friendly editor that can be downloaded here or you can get 2.0 which has it already included, which can be downloaded here.

This page details why the PGE editor is better than the legacy editor (the one you are currently using).
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

MUFASA RKG
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Bucket Fresh Studios presents SUPER MARIO FRESH BROS Legends Of The Unorthodox

Postby MUFASA RKG » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:17 pm

NightKawata wrote:
MUFASA RKG wrote:
King of Eterity wrote:Why are the screens stretched, and why are you using the legacy editor? Use PGE instead.
What is an legacy editor and PGE? I use bandicam for the screen shots. If I need the hassle to resize them in Adobe photoshop to smaller sizes for forum scrolling then I will do that.

NightKawata wrote: i feel like that's probably the last item in the list of concerns
What are your subliminals referring to?
i get a very strong "late 90's the games factory fangame" vibe from the coverart and uh, generous, amount of bgo
i can't really tell if the episode is meant to be satirical

i mean if it is it's fuckin hilarious

I can't complain, your right. It was meant to have a natural nostalgic feeling with the game. The trailers And Inside puns are meant to be satirical in minor terms. This is an serious game however and plan to have sequels with comic art.

I am reediting bgos and other minor clusters. The game itself is well playable!

King of Eterity wrote:
practicalshorty014 wrote:And why can't he use the legacy editor? It's more user friendly than PGE
No, it isn't.
Legacy editor is what you are using. PGE is a better, more user-friendly editor that can be downloaded here or you can get 2.0 which has it already included, which can be downloaded here.

This page details why the PGE editor is better than the legacy editor (the one you are currently using).
Thank you. My question is would it matter which one I'm using to create the game? Would it draw back people from playing it or is it just easier to use?
Last edited by MUFASA RKG on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#ArtMusicCultureExperience

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:24 pm

MUFASA RKG wrote:
King of Eterity wrote:
No, it isn't.

Thank you. My question is would it matter which one I'm using to create the game? Would it draw back people from playing it or is it just easier to use?
It wouldn't matter to anyone else your choice of editor is. It's just that PGE is better for the person editing it and less buggy. If you use 2.0, you will make it incompatible with 1.3 if you use any 2.0 exclusive features though.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

MUFASA RKG
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Bucket Fresh Studios presents SUPER MARIO FRESH BROS Legends Of The Unorthodox

Postby MUFASA RKG » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:31 pm

King of Eterity wrote:
MUFASA RKG wrote:
King of Eterity wrote: No, it isn't.

It wouldn't matter to anyone else your choice of editor is. It's just that PGE is better for the person editing it and less buggy. If you 2use 2.0, you will make it incompatible with 1.3 if you use any 2.0 exclusive features though.

Thank you. I'm take a look into that one and practice around for future ideas. Appreciate your support.

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: All toasters toast toast
Current Project: Nothing
Chat Username: practical

Postby Rhosty » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:29 pm

King of Eterity wrote:
No, it isn't.
Explain how it's better? A three word sentence doesn't say much about why you think that.

NightKawata
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Metanet Hunter -1
Chat Username: NightKawata

Postby NightKawata » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:14 pm

PGE has the advantage over feature-set and additional editing enhancements, but keep in mind, some people just like the vanilla editor
just let 'em use it if they're fine with it, don't ostracize them

does PGE outclass SMBX's default editor? well, i would hope, it was designed to
is it EASIER to use than the vanilla editor? no, there's a small learning curve and some things may a bit different; it's certainly less tedious, and there are arguments to support PGE, not that i intend harm on it

but yes the content is most important at the end of the day

ostracize them for using 1.4 though, always
i mean hell people use bloody deluxe paint
Go play Metanet Hunter CD: http://store.steampowered.com/app/586570/
Go look at Metanet Hunter CD: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15229

Code: Select all

>mario isn't canon, when you die he faces the screen

MUFASA RKG
Spiny
Spiny

Postby MUFASA RKG » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:52 pm

NightKawata wrote:
ostracize them for using 1.4 though, always
i mean hell people use bloody deluxe paint

why is that? Is that the fan made engine? Whats the ups or downs with this one?

MUFASA RKG
Spiny
Spiny

NEW SCREEN SHOTS AND PLAYABLE CHARACTERS.

Postby MUFASA RKG » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:15 am

Just added two new characters to the game and the story itself. Players will now be able to manage and use "YOSHI" as it's own NPC character which he will come with his own story line. The other character that players will be able to use is "ROSALINA" as an story arch character which her story play comes into the missing stars that you will be collecting and how Princess Peach effected her side of story by releasing the demi gods out throughout the Mushroom Kingdom. These characters can be switch and played with in game in the Dinosaur Land area.

Spoiler: show

I also started to create additional level designing on current areas such as VANILLA DOME which is now an explorable area limited still to demo version but pretty good chunk of the land area is available. Also added huge area additional to DINOSAUR LAND which will hold secret exits and entrances to different world areas, not available with certain playable characters. The hub main area of Mushroom Kingdom Field has also been updated. I will be releasing a another demo version soon with additional areas and characters to use.

MUFASA RKG
Spiny
Spiny

New LUIGI & TOAD game prologues with new DINOSAUR LAND Screenshots.

Postby MUFASA RKG » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:04 am

>>Note to Thought<<

I know the screenshots looked a bit stressed and big and do apologize once again if if bothers you. On a desktop or laptop computer they look fine in it's normal full screen size while on the cell phones, they look pretty decent and awesome but does to bother some to a snarky extend so I apologize now and for the legacy editor in the shots. I was being lazy in actual game mode, so with that being said...

ANYONE TO FIRST BEAT THE GAME AND SCREEN RECORD THEIR SUCCESS WILL WIN A FREE ORIGINAL DESIGN ILLUSTARTION SHIRT AND PRESSED UP SOUNDTRACK WITH COLLECTIBLE POSTER ART!!

New prologue story to Luigi side of things that is in the current events. I will be adding hopefully the stories based on Toad and Yoshi soon and within 24 hours. Since I started to expand Dinosaur land pretty huge, it makes additional to the story to be revealed. This will be all playable by the next demo release in MAY 2017.

LUIGI PROLOGUE

The lone Mario brother residing on the island of Yoshi's for years after the events of Bowser's last defeat. Luigi help preserved the island for the Yoshi's by helping them keeping it safe, fun and fruitful with delicious berries. Time passes as Luigi went to visit Princess Peach at her new found laboratory castle located out in the Mushroom Kingdom fields. Luigi took time each week from the Yoshi island to visit Princess Peach and help aid her with her new magic experiments which she pursued. One dark mysterious night, Yoshi Island was under an ambush attack by the Goomba's. The vile Goomba King invaded the island and started to take over certain areas of the island where the yoshi's were forced to moved on the side of the island where there was easy to escape. The Goomba King's new practice of Dark magic influenced the new creatures and stronger Goomba's on the island where they built an magic dungeon. Word had gotten back to Luigi while visiting Peach and soon after he heard the news, he man arrangements to head back to the Island where he can help the Yoshi's. Just as Luigi was about to leave, Princess Peach grabbed Luigi and began to kiss him softly. Luigi quickly open his eyes after the kiss while peach whispered in his ear, "you can have it." She hands Luigi an dark magic stone soon after and tells him, " only you can find what I need to complete this spell. This spell will help the Mushroom Kingdom restore it's earliest form of beauty and peace. All the abandon clubs and houses that are haunted with ghost hold the secrets to unlocking the stone. I know you can do it Luigi !." Hours later, Luigi wakes up near the caverns of Dinosaur land, unsure how he gotten there he checks his palm and notices the dark stone.

Unreleased, Dinosaur Land has been greatly expanded. The level world area now goes in further with much more exploration along with secret puzzles to help gain into new develop areas. Still pretty far from done, I would say, Dinosaur Land has the hugest exploration areas by far until I go back start working on other lands. If you played the game so far, you notice the game does not play by levels and plays by how much stars you find and collect to open up new areas to complete goals. Trying to keep the game similar to Metroid style exploration but not beyond the belief you are playing an actual Mario Bros game.

Return to “Projects”