Super Mario Brothers: Departure (Notice)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no
Current Project: You really think I'll finish one?
Chat Username: AirSeus

Re: Super Mario Brothers: Departure (New screenshot. Need level designers and demo information)

Postby AirSeus » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:14 am

practicalshorty014 wrote:I hope there's still good progress being made here, because I'm expecting to play the demo soon. That last screenshot looks great btw.
Yes, 3 levels are in progress, I dont know about the demo being soon though since people want a 2 world demo.

EDIT: New screenshot again for y'all!
I dunno, something inspirational is supposed to go here so here I go:

Realize the difference between criticism and hate.
Criticism is direct feedback about the level that helps and tells you what you could do better and/or what you could expand upon.
Hate is direct insults towards you/your level that tell you nothing other than how bad you are.

AKA: Don't cry at every responce you get, just ignore hate and respond to criticism.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Re: Super Mario Brothers: Departure (NEW LINK!)

Postby AirSeus » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:32 pm

Just read the title, it says it all.

I am one more level away from completing world one, so we are almost half way until the 2 world demo!

Criticism is direct feedback about the level that helps and tells you what you could do better and/or what you could expand upon.
Hate is direct insults towards you/your level that tell you nothing other than how bad you are.

AKA: Don't cry at every responce you get, just ignore hate and respond to criticism.

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:57 pm

Yo, I am ready to test world 1

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby AirSeus » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:18 pm

thehelmetguy1 wrote:Yo, I am ready to test world 1
I will send you the available world 1 levels.

WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Flair: Legalize Awooo!
Current Project: Howling
Chat Username: Alagirez

Postby WerewolfGD » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:11 am

Wow dem expansive level tho... :O Pawsome! Make sure those expansive levels doesn't have any backtracks because most people don't like it.
Good luck with your project! ;)
Yea... I'm back, but with different view.

Known also as Camacho or Harvey36Dice.
Also a furry

Awooo!
If you want to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby AirSeus » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:12 am

WerewolfGD wrote:Wow dem expansive level tho... :O Pawsome! Make sure those expansive levels doesn't have any backtracks because most people don't like it.
Good luck with your project! ;)
Don't worry, if backtrack is there, then the level would have moved around a bit which means the only backtracking you would be doing is if the level gimmick requires I will make sure that you backtrack on a different and new path and this will hardly happen which means, no proper backtracking.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Re: Super Mario Brothers: Departure (NEW LINK! and new screenshot.)

Postby AirSeus » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:32 pm

Added an new screenshot of a level I am working on at the moment, enjoy!

Amine Retro
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: Bench-kun

Postby Amine Retro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:15 pm

Ooo, looks exciting, glad you're still working on this.
my signature
my discord server. we have a WIP episode there too, so you can join if you're interested.
i support: show

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby AirSeus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:56 am

Amine Retro wrote:Ooo, looks exciting, glad you're still working on this.
Thanks, yes I will be working on it until it is done, the fact that I am not giving myself limits to the levels style so the level can be anything is better for me than having to stick to a theme like World 1:Grass which it isnt, most of the screenshots above are actually only world one!

AndrewPixel
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Flair: yeet
Current Project: Super Mario Khroma
Chat Username: AndrewPixel#2486

Postby AndrewPixel » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:25 pm

This looks very good. Good job!
ImageImage

Kley
Edge
Edge
Flair: Robot
Chat Username: Kley

Postby Kley » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:28 pm

AndrewPixel wrote:This looks very good. Good job!
Although people love to hear nice things, try to add more substance to a post like this. Not to mention you've already posted in this thread saying something similar.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Re: Super Mario Brothers: Departure (About whats happening.)

Postby AirSeus » Thu May 11, 2017 2:41 pm

So, you may know that recently, I have not been active at all anywhere, I feel like this needs explaining.

Firstly, no, this is not cancelled at all. Secondly, the reason why this hasn't been worked on that much is because, right now, I am going through a...well, I dont know what to call it, but I will say what has happened, and what is happening: About 3 weeks ago on a chat I am on, someone (Not saying who to protect them) basically broke down on the chat talking to me, saying that he doesn't want to live anymore (Yes, this is serious, not a joke), me and another user was able to help him out, he was quite thankful for it as well bless him, so me and this other user decided to look after him when he gets on the chat to cheer him up whenever he feels down to, y'know, not make him think about...well, yeah. So for the past 3 week, we have been looking after him making sure he doesn't get to bummed down, he is slowly recovering, he should be better by the end of this month. Which leads to my next thing, I am at the part of my school life known as sixth form (I dont know what it would be called in the U.S or any other country, but basically, this is an optional extra two years in school to study things called AS-Levels and then in the final year A-Levels) which, I am less than a week away from my Exams for these AS-Levels, and I cant be active here since they really are annoying to deal with, but by the end of the next 3 weeks, they will be over.

After all this is dealt with and sorted out, I can continue working on this, but for now, the only updates you will get will be ones from the level designers, but I will still post them to avoid confusion. I hope you understand, see ya later.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Re: Super Mario Brothers: Departure (About whats happening and a new screenshot.)

Postby AirSeus » Tue May 30, 2017 5:42 am

A new level screenshot from Dhelumise is now up on the first post, feedback would be appreciated on them.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Re: Super Mario Brothers: Departure (Desperately need new team members.)

Postby AirSeus » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:01 pm

Well...another update, once again:

I will make this quick and snappy, basically, I need more of...well...everything really, I know it sounds quite snobby, but I am not forcing anyone to become one. Gosh, this really sounds like I am doesn't it?

Well,, the gist of it is progress is going way too slow, and I would like to ask for some more people from here to help out, you don't have to, don't worry hehe (Why would you worry in the first place?.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Re: Super Mario Brothers: Departure (Hey look, somewhat of an update after 3 years)

Postby AirSeus » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:53 pm

So uh, yeah, it's been about like, 3 years since I originally set off to do this, I got wayyyy too caught up in life after the last post, y'know, the same old story you have probably heard from literally everyone at this point. As much as I would love to revive this, or at least a project of mine in the past, in honesty, I don't think I've improved enough with the editor since then and there would be legitimately no point or motivation to get more than 1 or 2 levels done. I estimated that I had a few months before I'd depart (haha, get it? DEPARTURE?) but that soon proved to be wrong because after July I spent most of my time completely forgetting that this place existed because of worry that I would not get into a University (I got into it and am currently just under halfway through the degree) which due to all the worry, I completely forgot about this project altogether. It's sad considering I really wanted to do this considering this place literally made my childhood back in 2009-2017 since SMBX was one of the only things I focused on in life (Yes, sadly one of those things were the horrendous Boss Rushes I did because I am completely obsessed with bosses in video games, still am today) and I wanted to give something back in return for all the good memories the game and community gave me (Even if 3/4ths of my time here was people screaming at me for being an immature stick of crap who could not handle criticism). It is nice to see that quite a few people are still here and it's also cool that plenty of them have actually been promoted one way or another.

Uh well sorry for making this extremely long and probably super boring to read but really what I wanted to say was I'm sorry for disappointing the people that were for some reason looking forward to this. I'll still be around and stuff, of course much less than I was back in 2010-2017 but, I will at least try to change that somehow, probably by being somewhat active in the discord or something and contributing here. But again, I'm sorry for the disappointment, I know the apology is a good 3 years late but I would have done it sooner if I actually remembered this. Again, sorry for the disappointment, but to end on a good note (at least in my opinion), I've actually grown up, so there won't be any more little 10-17-year-old AirSeus here anymore, it's a more mature adult AirSeus now. See you all around.

SuperSmashbroFanX
Banned
Chat Username: thesmashbro.

Re: Super Mario Brothers: Departure (Notice)

Postby SuperSmashbroFanX » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:37 pm

Your post made me sad. I wish I could help with your episode :(
THESE EPISODES LOOKS AWESOME!!! I SUPPORT THEM :)

Return to “Projects”