WIP: Super Mario 2D Universe X (1.4.4)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
User avatar
YoshiSuperstar
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:16 pm
Flair: Hi. I like to make stuff.
Current Project: Super Mario And The Rainbow Stars
Chat Username: YoshiSuperstar
Contact:

WIP: Super Mario 2D Universe X (1.4.4)

Postby YoshiSuperstar » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:47 pm

Image

Join Mario in an adventure to save peach once again and explore over 30+ well designed levels!
''SM2DUX'' is an episode I'm working on that's being made in SMBX 1.4.4. Mayby the names sounds familiar
to you, that's because it almost the same as a mario fangame. To not cause confusion I added a ''X''

The game will have 4 worlds. It features wall-jumping, star collecting, flutter jumping yoshies and lot's of power-ups!

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Demo Download: (v1) Progress:
Spoiler: show
World 1 = 100 %
World 2 = 90 %
World 3 = 84 %
World 4 = 75 %
??????? - 100 %
Last edited by YoshiSuperstar on Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 37 times in total.
Heya!
Support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
AndrewPixel
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:07 am
Flair: yeet
Current Project: Super Mario Khroma
Chat Username: AndrewPixel#2486
Contact:

Re: My project: Super Mario 2D Universe X !

Postby AndrewPixel » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:19 pm

2DU GFX is really cool, and an episode with that style would be amazing.
ImageImage

User avatar
Rhosty
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: waiting on nintendo switch
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Re: My project: Super Mario 2D Universe X !

Postby Rhosty » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:32 pm

Where are the screenshots? You need screenshots of your project so we know it's not fake.

User avatar
Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2850
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic
Contact:

Re: My project: Super Mario 2D Universe X !

Postby Mosaic » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:30 pm

Screens where?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

Cancelled...but not forgotten...
Image

Image

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show
Image


User avatar
YoshiSuperstar
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:16 pm
Flair: Hi. I like to make stuff.
Current Project: Super Mario And The Rainbow Stars
Chat Username: YoshiSuperstar
Contact:

Re: My project: Super Mario 2D Universe X !

Postby YoshiSuperstar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:15 am

AndrewPixel wrote:2DU GFX is really cool, and an episode with that style would be amazing.
Hello! I am glad you will going to like it!
I have one thing to to say.
It isn't going to have the tileset style of SM2DU.
But it is going to have the star collection feature.
I thought: Let's do something new! :)
I hope i won't disappoint you. :(
The project that comes out is just the demo.
The demo is going to have 1 world with 8 levels.
I will work on the other 3 worlds.
So... i contact you if the demo is out!
practicalshorty014 wrote:Where are the screenshots? You need screenshots of your project so we know it's not fake.
Hey! So i just got screenshots!
MosaicMario wrote:Screens where?
Hello! I just asked one how to do screenshots because.. I am new :shock:
I hope i will do it right!
Last edited by Zeldamaster12 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: fixing triple post
Heya!
Support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3268
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:28 am
Flair: Legalize Awooo!
Current Project: Howling
Chat Username: Alagirez
Contact:

Re: My project: Super Mario 2D Universe X !

Postby WerewolfGD » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:26 am

Yoshi_Superstar NL wrote:
MosaicMario wrote:Screens where?
Hello! I just asked one how to do screenshots because.. I am new :shock:
I hope i will do it right!

-Yoshi_Superstar NL-
Well, if you want to take a SMBX level screen :
1. Open your level
2. Press F12, then
3. Check your "Screenshot" folder in your SMBX folder.
Hope this helps :) hopefully..
Yea... I'm back, but with different view.

Known also as Camacho or Harvey36Dice.
Also a furry

Image
Awooo!
If you want to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056

User avatar
YoshiSuperstar
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:16 pm
Flair: Hi. I like to make stuff.
Current Project: Super Mario And The Rainbow Stars
Chat Username: YoshiSuperstar
Contact:

Re: My project: Super Mario 2D Universe X !

Postby YoshiSuperstar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:29 am

WerewolfGD wrote:
Yoshi_Superstar NL wrote:
MosaicMario wrote:Screens where?
Hello! I just asked one how to do screenshots because.. I am new :shock:
I hope i will do it right!

-Yoshi_Superstar NL-
Well, if you want to take a SMBX level screen :
1. Open your level
2. Press F12, then
3. Check your "Screenshot" folder in your SMBX folder.
Hope this helps :) hopefully..
Thank you!
Also, if you made a logo, how do you show it? And, how to put a trailer into it?
Contact me if you know!
Heya!
Support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3268
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:28 am
Flair: Legalize Awooo!
Current Project: Howling
Chat Username: Alagirez
Contact:

Re: My project: Super Mario 2D Universe X ! (1.4.3)

Postby WerewolfGD » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:46 am

Yoshi_Superstar NL wrote:
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wrote:
Yoshi_Superstar NL wrote:
Hello! I just asked one how to do screenshots because.. I am new :shock:
I hope i will do it right!

-Yoshi_Superstar NL-
Well, if you want to take a SMBX level screen :
1. Open your level
2. Press F12, then
3. Check your "Screenshot" folder in your SMBX folder.
Hope this helps :) hopefully..
Thank you!
Also, if you made a logo, how do you show it?
Do you mean how to show the image? Well...
1. Upload your image/logo in a site like imgur or postimage (this time i will use postimage because my network can't open imgur for some reason.)
2. Click "Choose images" and select some screens that you want to upload.
3. After that, Copy the direct link,
4. Open this site again and select the "Img" button (you will see this thing after you clicked the img button) :

Code: Select all

[img][/img]
5. Paste the direct link like this:

Code: Select all

[img]https://s11.postimg.org/eea32naxv/Floral_Tunnel_Section_1.png[/img]
Aand if you preview it you will get the result like this:
ok: show
Image
Totally not shameless advertising this is just an example -.-
;)
Also yeah i also made some logos but i don't have time to create them, so don't request me to make a logo.
Yea... I'm back, but with different view.

Known also as Camacho or Harvey36Dice.
Also a furry

Image
Awooo!
If you want to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056

User avatar
YoshiSuperstar
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:16 pm
Flair: Hi. I like to make stuff.
Current Project: Super Mario And The Rainbow Stars
Chat Username: YoshiSuperstar
Contact:

Re: My project: Super Mario 2D Universe X ! (1.4.3)

Postby YoshiSuperstar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:02 am

WerewolfGD wrote:
Yoshi_Superstar NL wrote:
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wrote: Well, if you want to take a SMBX level screen :
1. Open your level
2. Press F12, then
3. Check your "Screenshot" folder in your SMBX folder.
Hope this helps :) hopefully..
Thank you!
Also, if you made a logo, how do you show it?
Do you mean how to show the image? Well...
1. Upload your image/logo in a site like imgur or postimage (this time i will use postimage because my network can't open imgur for some reason.)
2. Click "Choose images" and select some screens that you want to upload.
3. After that, Copy the direct link,
4. Open this site again and select the "Img" button (you will see this thing after you clicked the img button) :

Code: Select all

[img][/img]
5. Paste the direct link like this:

Code: Select all

[img]https://s11.postimg.org/eea32naxv/Floral_Tunnel_Section_1.png[/img]
Aand if you preview it you will get the result like this:
ok: show
Image
Totally not shameless advertising this is just an example -.-
;)
Also yeah i also made some logos but i don't have time to create them, so don't request me to make a logo.
Thank you so much! I haven't tried it yet, but i am sure it will work!
Also i already made a logo so, yeah
(Also nice level ;) )

-Yoshi_Superstar NL-
Heya!
Support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 am
Current Project: idk lol

Re: My project: Super Mario 2D Universe X ! (1.4.3)

Postby Snessy the duck » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:22 am

Could you please stop putting your name at the end of every post you make? We can clearly see that it's you that wrote them, no need to put your name there.

Also, you should probably get some screens up soon.
Image

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Image

User avatar
YoshiSuperstar
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:16 pm
Flair: Hi. I like to make stuff.
Current Project: Super Mario And The Rainbow Stars
Chat Username: YoshiSuperstar
Contact:

Re: My project: Super Mario 2D Universe X ! (1.4.3)

Postby YoshiSuperstar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:41 am

Snessy the duck wrote:Could you please stop putting your name at the end of every post you make? We can clearly see that it's you that wrote them, no need to put your name there.

Also, you should probably get some screens up soon.
Heh........ alright.. I will stop putting my name (I don't know what i was thinking :/ ) :?

Also screens are coming soon!
Heya!
Support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 704
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:50 pm

Re: My project: Super Mario 2D Universe X ! (1.4.3)

Postby Westretroman » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:34 am

Yoshi_Superstar NL wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:Could you please stop putting your name at the end of every post you make? We can clearly see that it's you that wrote them, no need to put your name there.

Also, you should probably get some screens up soon.
Heh........ alright.. I will stop putting my name (I don't know what i was thinking :/ ) :?

Also screens are coming soon!
Looks great dude! This will be a good episode, if I'm guessing by the screenshots.

User avatar
WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3268
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:28 am
Flair: Legalize Awooo!
Current Project: Howling
Chat Username: Alagirez
Contact:

Re: My project: Super Mario 2D Universe X ! (1.4.3)

Postby WerewolfGD » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:38 am

Wow the level screen looks Pawsome! Great job! really love the hud ;'3
Now you might wanna put those screens in a spoiler.
Yea... I'm back, but with different view.

Known also as Camacho or Harvey36Dice.
Also a furry

Image
Awooo!
If you want to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056

User avatar
YoshiSuperstar
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:16 pm
Flair: Hi. I like to make stuff.
Current Project: Super Mario And The Rainbow Stars
Chat Username: YoshiSuperstar
Contact:

Re: My project: Super Mario 2D Universe X ! (1.4.3)

Postby YoshiSuperstar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:40 am

Westretroman wrote:
Yoshi_Superstar NL wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:Could you please stop putting your name at the end of every post you make? We can clearly see that it's you that wrote them, no need to put your name there.

Also, you should probably get some screens up soon.
Heh........ alright.. I will stop putting my name (I don't know what i was thinking :/ ) :?

Also screens are coming soon!
Looks great dude! This will be a good episode, if I'm guessing by the screenshots.
Thank you so much! I am glad you will like it! :D

The levels that are done are: level 1, 2, 3, 7.
So yeah! I will announce when it is finished!
(Sorry for bad English :? )
Heya!
Support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: My project: Super Mario 2D Universe X ! (1.4.3)

Postby Electriking » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:42 am

But either you need to state that there are 4 worlds, or add 6 more screens, or however many are missing of you say there will be a higher number of worlds.
Those levels are good so far.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
YoshiSuperstar
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:16 pm
Flair: Hi. I like to make stuff.
Current Project: Super Mario And The Rainbow Stars
Chat Username: YoshiSuperstar
Contact:

Re: My project: Super Mario 2D Universe X ! (1.4.3)

Postby YoshiSuperstar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:43 am

WerewolfGD wrote:Wow the level screen looks Pawsome! Great job! really love the hud ;'3
Now you might wanna put those screens in a spoiler.
Thank you! :D

And yeah its a good idea to put in spoilers!
I will do that soon! (Because of time :shock: )
Heya!
Support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
YoshiSuperstar
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:16 pm
Flair: Hi. I like to make stuff.
Current Project: Super Mario And The Rainbow Stars
Chat Username: YoshiSuperstar
Contact:

Re: My project: Super Mario 2D Universe X ! (1.4.3)

Postby YoshiSuperstar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:46 am

King of Eterity wrote:But either you need to state that there are 4 worlds, or add 6 more screens, or however many are missing of you say there will be a higher number of worlds.
Those levels are good so far.
Yeah! Your right! The first to come out is the demo v1 with 1 world and 8 levels
Than i will work on the other levels from the worlds and put screens.
Now what i could do (i made some parts of the further levels) is put screens from levels of 2, 3 or 4! ;)
Heya!
Support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: My project: Super Mario 2D Universe X ! (1.4.3) demo v1

Postby Electriking » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:56 am

It would be advised to post any additional screens if you can do it without it being blatant that you are just trying to submit this with as little already finished content as possible.

You also don't need to double post in order to quote multiple posts. There are quote buttons by each previous post displayed in the editor when making new posts.

Proof it's poosible
Yoshi_Superstar NL wrote:
-WerewolfGD- wrote:Wow the level screen looks Pawsome! Great job! really love the hud ;'3
Now you might wanna put those screens in a spoiler.
Thank you! :D

And yeah its a good idea to put in spoilers!
I will do that soon! (Because of time :shock: )
Yoshi_Superstar NL wrote:
King of Eterity wrote:But either you need to state that there are 4 worlds, or add 6 more screens, or however many are missing of you say there will be a higher number of worlds.
Those levels are good so far.Yeah! Your right! The first to come out is the demo v1 with 1 world and 8 levels
Than i will work on the other levels from the worlds and put screens.
Now what i could do (i made some parts of the further levels) is put screens from levels of 2, 3 or 4! ;)
But you do need at least 10 screens per thread or the same number of screens for each world if you say the number of worlds.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
YoshiSuperstar
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:16 pm
Flair: Hi. I like to make stuff.
Current Project: Super Mario And The Rainbow Stars
Chat Username: YoshiSuperstar
Contact:

Re: My project: Super Mario 2D Universe X ! (1.4.3) demo v1

Postby YoshiSuperstar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:14 pm

King of Eterity wrote:It would be advised to post any additional screens if you can do it without it being blatant that you are just trying to submit this with as little already finished content as possible.

You also don't need to double post in order to quote multiple posts. There are quote buttons by each previous post displayed in the editor when making new posts.

Proof it's poosible
Yoshi_Superstar NL wrote:
-WerewolfGD- wrote:Wow the level screen looks Pawsome! Great job! really love the hud ;'3
Now you might wanna put those screens in a spoiler.
Thank you! :D

And yeah its a good idea to put in spoilers!
I will do that soon! (Because of time :shock: )
Yoshi_Superstar NL wrote:
King of Eterity wrote:But either you need to state that there are 4 worlds, or add 6 more screens, or however many are missing of you say there will be a higher number of worlds.
Those levels are good so far.Yeah! Your right! The first to come out is the demo v1 with 1 world and 8 levels
Than i will work on the other levels from the worlds and put screens.
Now what i could do (i made some parts of the further levels) is put screens from levels of 2, 3 or 4! ;)
But you do need at least 10 screens per thread or the same number of screens for each world if you say the number of worlds.


Well, i am pretty new...... I will need to learn a lot of things. I am working really hard for it and i am trying to finish as much at my time. Again, the version to come out is the demo. If the demo is done, i will work further with the other worlds. I could post more screens but i am not sure about that.
Anyways i hope i can finish as much as possible so others can play.
Last edited by YoshiSuperstar on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heya!
Support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Rhosty
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: waiting on nintendo switch
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Re: My project: Super Mario 2D Universe X ! (1.4.3) demo v1

Postby Rhosty » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:06 pm

Yoshi_Superstar NL wrote: Well, i am pretty new...... I will need to learn a lot of things. I am working really hard for it and i am trying to finish as much at my time. Again, the version to come out is the demo. If the demo is done, i will work further with the other worlds. I could post more screens but i am not sure about that. Maybe you could say it a little bit different because i am not English.
Anyways i hope i can finish as much as possible so others can play.
1. I think I forgot, but, welcome to the forums
2. It's not too hard to figure SMBX out, there's a lot of people around here who'll help you if you get stuck
3. The more screenshots, the better
4. Not much of a good excuse to tell someone to say something a bit different when you already have decent English
Anyways, good luck on finishing the demo of your project.


Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests