Super Mario: WARLORD (SPREADSHEET RELEASED)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

How does this sound and look so far?

Excellent.
45%
Good.
35%
Ok.
8%
Bad.
No votes
S t o p .
6%
FEED ME MORE PICTURES
6%

Total votes: 51
TheLoafLord
Ninji
Ninji

Re: Super Mario: Legend of The 10 Stars (Very Super Duper Ultra Possible Rewrite)

Postby TheLoafLord » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:00 am

Ok, this is how it'll go:

If I can manage to get a first world done, completely rewritten, with gameplay elements and a basic gist of the story, I will rewrite this and publicly continue this. If not, I'm sure you would all understand.

See, thing is, all my life I've tried doing things I really badly want to do but I can just never do it right? If this works, and I get a first world done, I will try and complete this.

TheLoafLord
Ninji
Ninji

Re: Super Mario: Legend of The 10 Stars (Very Super Duper Ultra Possible Rewrite)

Postby TheLoafLord » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:19 am

I was hesitant to post this picture, but I'll show it to you because I feel like I've improved over this 'break'.

That was the first level. I just want to touch up on why I was hesitant: I don't want to instil false hope.

I posted way too many pictures before that it started to become quantity over quality, and the more I posted the more I built up excitement. That's why I was hesitant to post this, because if I couldn't provide a basic first world for this rewrite, it would disappoint a few. This is probably the only picture I'll send out until I get this first world done.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:16 pm

TheLoafLord wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:00 am
Ok, this is how it'll go:

If I can manage to get a first world done, completely rewritten, with gameplay elements and a basic gist of the story, I will rewrite this and publicly continue this. If not, I'm sure you would all understand.

See, thing is, all my life I've tried doing things I really badly want to do but I can just never do it right? If this works, and I get a first world done, I will try and complete this.
Do you have a roadmap? A plan? If not, you're likely to stumble back into "what am I doing" territory. Recognise your abilities and work reasonably within them. Don't push yourself to the edge with every level.
What really helps is having a spreadsheet with level ideas where you can rearrange them and put an order to them, mark down additional story details for each level, etc... If you run out of ideas while writing the spreadsheet you know how many ideas you can pack into your game and can plan around your limits. An appealing alternative to being crushed when a lack of ideas comes after a dozen levels and a handful of half-finished ones (I've been there before a couple of times).
Also, don't be too concerned about instilling false hope. You have nothing you owe anyone. This is a platform where people share their free time level design projects, not a contractually bound agreement to designing a full game in the span of 4 months. People who look forward to stuff you post look forward to it because your style of design is exciting or interesting to them. I know for sure that I don't mind which levels of a game make it into the final product as long as it's fun and the developer had fun making it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

TheLoafLord
Ninji
Ninji

Postby TheLoafLord » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:54 am

Update: I've genuinely finished the supposed 1st level. Not rushed, completely polished, tested, ect.

And, it's at a perfect length. Has an outdoor area, a large indoor temple area, and then a story orientated room + cutscene (Yet to work on the cutscene.).

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:51 am

This is great news! I'm glad this is coming back together, even if it takes a while to do so, don't worry; we aren't gonna make you rush anything and you should take it smoothly.
Hope it works out this time, good luck!
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

TheLoafLord
Ninji
Ninji

Re: Super Mario: Legend of The 10 Stars (REBIRTH BEGINS)

Postby TheLoafLord » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:06 am

Hey! If you’re reading this, this is not the original post that was here. The original was just a level counter for world 1. I have edited this message to inform you that everything before this point is ARCHIVAL. Certain things before this point have been salavaged for future use and some pictures are up to date. However this is not true for many of the things held before this point so take in data before this message with caution. A lot of the info is outdated. Thanks!
Last edited by TheLoafLord on Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheLoafLord
Ninji
Ninji

Postby TheLoafLord » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:00 am

Hey there! Just going to give this thread a little bump and say that everything is going perfect! A lot of the updates are going on in the exclusive Discord for the project, and SMBX Discord. Sorry for the intense absence from the forums!

TheLoafLord
Ninji
Ninji

Re: Super Mario: Legend of The 10 Stars

Postby TheLoafLord » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:30 pm

...?
before: show
after: show

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:59 am

I like the improvement to the level. I just don't like the look of that massive gap at the bottom right, if the player falls there it will just be a hole of nothingness. Still, i quite like the layout of this level and look forward to more updates in future!
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
xDestroy wrote:

TheLoafLord
Ninji
Ninji

Postby TheLoafLord » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:05 pm

Taycamgame wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:59 am
I just don't like the look of that massive gap at the bottom right, if the player falls there it will just be a hole of nothingness.
I mean, I do have a sign on those initial pipes that warn you of the pitfall, but you’re right. It’s a long, unnecessary death. My problem here is lava just wouldn’t look right there (especially because the next section is directly below and is focused on lava. Any ideas?

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:09 pm

TheLoafLord wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:05 pm
Taycamgame wrote:
I just don't like the look of that massive gap at the bottom right, if the player falls there it will just be a hole of nothingness.
I mean, I do have a sign on those initial pipes that warn you of the pitfall, but you’re right. It’s a long, unnecessary death. My problem here is lava just wouldn’t look right there (especially because the next section is directly below and is focused on lava. Any ideas?
Maybe put that upper area in another section because it looks rather separated from the lower area.
Signatures are overrated.

TheLoafLord
Ninji
Ninji

Postby TheLoafLord » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:06 pm

Electriking wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:09 pm
TheLoafLord wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:05 pm
Taycamgame wrote:
Maybe put that upper area in another section because it looks rather separated from the lower area.
Hmm. I might do that. Thanks for the suggestions.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:47 am

That would be the best choice here, yeah. There is a warp there currently anyway which splits this section into two, so having it be two separate sections wouldn't be a bad idea.
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
xDestroy wrote:

TheLoafLord
Ninji
Ninji

Postby TheLoafLord » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:47 am

Taycamgame wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:47 am
That would be the best choice here, yeah. There is a warp there currently anyway which splits this section into two, so having it be two separate sections wouldn't be a bad idea.
The problem is I’ve made it wrap around the top section. As you can see in the 1-Up section. I’ll take this into consideration but any other suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Added in 1 minute 10 seconds:
And while we’re here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Re: Super Mario: WARLORD (SPREADSHEET RELEASED)

Postby Taycamgame » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:31 pm

Looks like a great way to organise your content. Although only 4 levels are done / WIP, it still is nice to see this still being worked on.
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
xDestroy wrote:

TheLoafLord
Ninji
Ninji

Postby TheLoafLord » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:15 pm

Taycamgame wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:31 pm
Looks like a great way to organise your content. Although only 4 levels are done / WIP, it still is nice to see this still being worked on.
Unfortunately the project halted after technical issues with my laptop for about 4 months. I really wanted to work on this in that time frame but my laptop didn’t want that to happen.

MmmMario
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: Yeet
Current Project: My current project is living. Trust me, it's hard.
Chat Username: TawPawNaw

Postby MmmMario » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:53 am

Boys he's lying he confessed in the discord a while ago that it was only due because of his lack of motivation.
Here's Johnny

I will bore everyone out of their mind with my questions!!!

Does anyone else have the PostImages problem? Frankly, it annoys me that sometimes I can't view pictures.
Join mine and MemeLord's(PotatoMario's) server here: https://discord.gg/PUTNGKS

TheLoafLord
Ninji
Ninji

Postby TheLoafLord » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:15 pm

MmmMario wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:53 am
Boys he's lying he confessed in the discord a while ago that it was only due because of his lack of motivation.
???

Photos please?

I mentioned serveral times I wanted to work on my project but my laptop was not only demotivating me by making it infinitely more difficult to work on this. I could only get 1 hour of level design time before my laptop would die and that was extremely deteriorating on my motivation because my laptop was stealing away hours at a time. So no, that’s not what’s happebing. And no, I’m not lying.

MmmMario
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: Yeet
Current Project: My current project is living. Trust me, it's hard.
Chat Username: TawPawNaw

Postby MmmMario » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:01 pm

TheLoafLord wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:20 pm
MmmMario wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:53 am
???

Photos please?

I mentioned serveral times I wanted to work on my project but my laptop was not only demotivating me by making it infinitely more difficult to work on this. I could only get 1 hour of level design time before my laptop would die and that was extremely deteriorating on my motivation because my laptop was stealing away hours at a time. So no, that’s not what’s happebing. And no, I’m not lying.

Ah ok. I thought you meant that your computer couldn't run SMBX anymore, and that prohibited you from working on your project. But yeah, being in your situation would certainly frustrate me. I wish you the best of luck on this project.
Here's Johnny

I will bore everyone out of their mind with my questions!!!

Does anyone else have the PostImages problem? Frankly, it annoys me that sometimes I can't view pictures.
Join mine and MemeLord's(PotatoMario's) server here: https://discord.gg/PUTNGKS

TheLoafLord
Ninji
Ninji

Postby TheLoafLord » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:36 am

Progress is whizzing on by, and I have some great news! 1-1, 1-2 and 1-4 are all completed! This screenshot is taken from 1-3, which is one third completed! The demo is approaching fast.

As mentioned above, this is 1-3, 'Highly Flammable'. It's a mountain level about bombs, with some nifty oil (It's secretly lava, the Shyguy engineers just enjoy messing with holographic technology!). Lot's rocks all over the place and On/Off switches.

Return to “Projects”