Super Mario: Legend of The 10 Stars (Very Super Duper Ultra Possible Rewrite)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

How does this sound and look so far?

Excellent.
45%
Good.
37%
Ok.
8%
Bad.
No votes
S t o p .
4%
FEED ME MORE PICTURES
6%

Total votes: 49
TheLoafLord
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: VERY GOOD AND COOL
Current Project: REBIRTH OF PROJECT
Chat Username: TheLoafLord

Re: Super Mario: Legend of The 10 Stars (Very Super Duper Ultra Possible Rewrite)

Postby TheLoafLord » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:00 am

Ok, this is how it'll go:

If I can manage to get a first world done, completely rewritten, with gameplay elements and a basic gist of the story, I will rewrite this and publicly continue this. If not, I'm sure you would all understand.

See, thing is, all my life I've tried doing things I really badly want to do but I can just never do it right? If this works, and I get a first world done, I will try and complete this.
I am probably the most grammatical person on these forums.

HE'S BACK

You wouldn't believe how fast I became a Metroid fan. I guess you could say I Shineparked into the series.

A bunch of virtually pointless but cool quotes from popular culture:

The name's Saxton Hale, CEO of Mann Co, and the Mann who's gonna burn this place to the ground! - Saxton Hale

I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS, WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?! - Cave Johnson

RROOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - Shrek

Here is my stuff (Project, some graphic edits and recolours, ect.)

Spoiler: show
[/center]

Also, here is stuff I support!

[/center]

TheLoafLord
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Re: Super Mario: Legend of The 10 Stars (Very Super Duper Ultra Possible Rewrite)

Postby TheLoafLord » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:19 am

I was hesitant to post this picture, but I'll show it to you because I feel like I've improved over this 'break'.

That was the first level. I just want to touch up on why I was hesitant: I don't want to instil false hope.

I posted way too many pictures before that it started to become quantity over quality, and the more I posted the more I built up excitement. That's why I was hesitant to post this, because if I couldn't provide a basic first world for this rewrite, it would disappoint a few. This is probably the only picture I'll send out until I get this first world done.

HE'S BACK

You wouldn't believe how fast I became a Metroid fan. I guess you could say I Shineparked into the series.

The name's Saxton Hale, CEO of Mann Co, and the Mann who's gonna burn this place to the ground! - Saxton Hale

I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS, WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?! - Cave Johnson

[/center]

[/center]

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: -chan ^^

Postby Enjl » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:16 pm

TheLoafLord wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:00 am
Ok, this is how it'll go:

If I can manage to get a first world done, completely rewritten, with gameplay elements and a basic gist of the story, I will rewrite this and publicly continue this. If not, I'm sure you would all understand.

See, thing is, all my life I've tried doing things I really badly want to do but I can just never do it right? If this works, and I get a first world done, I will try and complete this.
Do you have a roadmap? A plan? If not, you're likely to stumble back into "what am I doing" territory. Recognise your abilities and work reasonably within them. Don't push yourself to the edge with every level.
What really helps is having a spreadsheet with level ideas where you can rearrange them and put an order to them, mark down additional story details for each level, etc... If you run out of ideas while writing the spreadsheet you know how many ideas you can pack into your game and can plan around your limits. An appealing alternative to being crushed when a lack of ideas comes after a dozen levels and a handful of half-finished ones (I've been there before a couple of times).
Also, don't be too concerned about instilling false hope. You have nothing you owe anyone. This is a platform where people share their free time level design projects, not a contractually bound agreement to designing a full game in the span of 4 months. People who look forward to stuff you post look forward to it because your style of design is exciting or interesting to them. I know for sure that I don't mind which levels of a game make it into the final product as long as it's fun and the developer had fun making it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.

TheLoafLord
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby TheLoafLord » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:54 am

Update: I've genuinely finished the supposed 1st level. Not rushed, completely polished, tested, ect.

And, it's at a perfect length. Has an outdoor area, a large indoor temple area, and then a story orientated room + cutscene (Yet to work on the cutscene.).

HE'S BACK

[/center]

[/center]

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:51 am

This is great news! I'm glad this is coming back together, even if it takes a while to do so, don't worry; we aren't gonna make you rush anything and you should take it smoothly.
Hope it works out this time, good luck!
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
ImageImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

TheLoafLord
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Re: Super Mario: Legend of The 10 Stars (REBIRTH BEGINS)

Postby TheLoafLord » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:06 am

World 1 of rebirth progress bar for your convenience:

Level 1: Status? Done.

Level 2: Status? Done.

Level 3: Status? Work in progress.

Level 4: Status? Not started.

Level 5: Status? Not started.

I realised a major problem I made last time, which was overwhelming myself with ideas and then attempting to perform them all at once. That's why you see a lot of "Not started."; because I don't want to overwhelm myself like last time. 1 step at a time.

Hey, if we're going to do a rebirth, we're going to iron out every major mistake (Or, as Pseudo puts it: "happy little accidents") and acknowledge what brought me down. If we're going to do a rebirth we're going to do it right.

Once we smash this first world out of the park, I'll announce the new name, logo and storyline.

HE'S BACK

[/center]

[/center]

TheLoafLord
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby TheLoafLord » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:00 am

Hey there! Just going to give this thread a little bump and say that everything is going perfect! A lot of the updates are going on in the exclusive Discord for the project, and SMBX Discord. Sorry for the intense absence from the forums!

HE'S BACK

[/center]

[/center]

Return to “Projects”