The Koopalings: Armagedon

This forum is for episodes that are a work in progress.
Mr General Guy
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Many stuff

The Koopalings: Armagedon

Postby Mr General Guy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:24 pm

As you likely guessed from the title, this episode is centered around the Koopalings. (IMO there aren't enough of those. Hence the reason I'm making this one)

This is also one of the only projects I've come up with that I haven't totally quit. (Yayyyyyyy) This episode has been in production since November 2016, but due to my low skills, not much progress has been made. (Mostly cuz I suck at LunaLua)

All 7 Koopalings are playable in this episode, each with their own distinctive traits. Of course, with the 5 default slots in SMBX, this means that having 7 characters readily available will require LunaLua. And that means this episode will only be available for SMBX 2.0.

It will require plenty of work to get the characters ready, of course. I'll definitely need to assemble a team. If you want to know how I'll probably set about doing this, first, I'll use Link as a base to create Lemmy, Roy, Morton, Ludwig, and Wendy (custom Iggy and Larry playables have already been made by some people) (though I will recolor them). This is the part I'll definitely need help with. (And I mean a LOT, a f**k-ton). Next, I'll try to get good at LunaLua, and try to clone Link over some of the other playable characters in SMBX 2.0 (6 total). And then, I could call it a day, but I'll add unique abilities to them with LunaLua. (Eh, I'll wait until Demo 2). (If you have a better idea, please suggest it to me).

Now, some other stuff:

THE STORY
Spoiler: show
The Koopalings have woken up, and already, their day is ruined. Bowser is missing, nowhere in sight, with not so much as a note. With no leads, and no idea what they're doing, the Koopalings decide to put matters into their own hands and look for Bowser themselves.

Steadily, as they go on, however, it is clear that there is a much greater evil at hand, one that's eroding the entire Mario universe as we speak (or type?). With help from not only allies, but some of their biggest enemies, will the Koopalings save the universe? Or will it cease to exist entirely (alongside the rest of reality)?

SCREENSHOT(S)

So far, this is the only screenshot I have. This is the only ROOM of the entire episode I've even started to build, and I've barely gotten started adding backgrounds or anything. Sorry. If this pans out the way I hope it will, then this will change later down the road

A FEW CREDITS
-RustyBox: His Larry's Adventure episode was a big inspiration for making this
-The awesome users of these forums, with their great graphics that will be a great help to me
-Once I make some real progress, I'll be more specific with my credits

And so far, that's all I have to say. I might not update for a while, so if you want to check the progress, you might want to bookmark this page for easy access.

AndrewPixel
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: Bowser's Best Plan Ever (SMBX2) in 2K18
Chat Username: AndrewPixel

Re: The Koopalings: Armagedon

Postby AndrewPixel » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:56 am

Wow, Koopalings playable, really nice idea. I'd like to see more of this episode ;)
Custom Games Paradise Member (Discord): https://discord.gg/tcN8t6u
Switch Friend Code: SW-2755-4824-8495
Coming in 2K18 for SMBX2... Check it now!
ImageImage
I believe in Iggy Koopa as my lord and savior.
[PGE Italian Translator] [I make logos for your episodes, ask me]
FOLLOW ME ON NEWGROUNDS: //andrewpixel.newgrounds.com/follow

Return to “Projects”