[NVS] Attack of the Darkness:Nova (outdated)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.

Is there any hype?

HYPE!!!!!
34
40%
Hype!
38
45%
Medium hype
5
6%
Low hype
8
9%
 
Total votes: 85
User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Contact:

Re: Attack of the Darkness (HIATUS)

Postby Eri7 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:25 am

I want to be a beta tester as I already meet all of the requirements, I have my own review system that my dev team uses and I am very active and will beta test as soon as possible.

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6688
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: Attack of the Darkness (HIATUS)

Postby Cedur » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:55 am

props enough for even willing to start over for like a third time.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Contact:

Re: Attack of the Darkness (HIATUS)

Postby Eri7 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:05 am

Yep, he is not giving up and that's RESPECT worthy! Pop Yoshi, this time, I am sure you will finally finish your project now after you know how to avoid all of the past mistakes!

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm

Re: Attack of the Darkness (HIATUS)

Postby PopYoshi » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:16 am

Cedur wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:55 am
props enough for even willing to start over for like a third time.
Actually it's the fourth
Image

Image

My project:

Image
Image

User avatar
LGLMAKING
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:28 am
Flair: There's always another secret.

Re: What comes next (Pop Yoshi's project)

Postby LGLMAKING » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:38 am

PopYoshi wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:20 pm
So I "recovered" my PC but I lost everything

I guess it's time to start from zero
I don't want to since I spent too much time making a single world but I guess it's what I deserve for not making a security copy before

Puff. Welp, I think it's time to work, once I get a considerable progress AOD will return, this time when I post the topic it'll already come with the demo and all, but for now... let's focus just in making the project

If you want to help me making a level, beta testing, giving ideas or something you are welcome
Just remember the requirements

Level designer: show me 2 levels made by you
Beta tester: Show me a review made by you

I think that's all I have to say

Have a good night buddies.
Not all hope is lost, Pop
"I am incredibly lucky I know you and im glad I gave you a chance to be a part of this" -Eri7
"I'm going to call these Janksqueaks from now on." -Clearman06
"IT IS A SKYTREE!!!" -Big K
Image
Image
Image
New producer of the Novaverse, after Eri7's departure from the community.

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm

Re: What comes next (Pop Yoshi's project)

Postby PopYoshi » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:53 am

LGLMAKING wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:38 am
PopYoshi wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:20 pm
So I "recovered" my PC but I lost everything

I guess it's time to start from zero
I don't want to since I spent too much time making a single world but I guess it's what I deserve for not making a security copy before

Puff. Welp, I think it's time to work, once I get a considerable progress AOD will return, this time when I post the topic it'll already come with the demo and all, but for now... let's focus just in making the project

If you want to help me making a level, beta testing, giving ideas or something you are welcome
Just remember the requirements

Level designer: show me 2 levels made by you
Beta tester: Show me a review made by you

I think that's all I have to say

Have a good night buddies.
Not all hope is lost, Pop
Yup, and you can hope that the new levels will be more unique :3
Especially now that I'm getting better at designing and stuff

Image

That's a level that will be featured in the next attempt of AOD
Image

Image

My project:

Image
Image

User avatar
KBorg64
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:38 pm
Flair: Flair
Contact:

Re: Attack of the Darkness (HIATUS)

Postby KBorg64 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:20 pm

That picture looks great, especially graphics-wise. Sorry about your progress being lost, I feel ya. I've restarted on my project many times, maybe even more than 4 if you can believe it. Though, not all were because of me losing anything, mostly from choosing to restart. Props to you Pop, hope you're able to get your episode done. Hopefully you'll have a way to back up your data, like with Google Drive or something along those lines. Cheers.
Image

Formerly 64searchman46.

Main Youtube Channel
"The Note Block" Discord server
Discord username: kborg#5607
Switch friend code: SW-0765-3487-6690

User avatar
LGLMAKING
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:28 am
Flair: There's always another secret.

Re: What comes next (Pop Yoshi's project)

Postby LGLMAKING » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:24 pm

PopYoshi wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:53 am
LGLMAKING wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:38 am
PopYoshi wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:20 pm
So I "recovered" my PC but I lost everything

I guess it's time to start from zero
I don't want to since I spent too much time making a single world but I guess it's what I deserve for not making a security copy before

Puff. Welp, I think it's time to work, once I get a considerable progress AOD will return, this time when I post the topic it'll already come with the demo and all, but for now... let's focus just in making the project

If you want to help me making a level, beta testing, giving ideas or something you are welcome
Just remember the requirements

Level designer: show me 2 levels made by you
Beta tester: Show me a review made by you

I think that's all I have to say

Have a good night buddies.
Not all hope is lost, Pop
Yup, and you can hope that the new levels will be more unique :3
Especially now that I'm getting better at designing and stuff

Image

That's a level that will be featured in the next attempt of AOD
Looks great!
Good luck! And may that bastard of a president you have over there and his economic (and also humanitary) crisis not stop you this time!

And btw I am continuing that sea cave level I started long ago...
"I am incredibly lucky I know you and im glad I gave you a chance to be a part of this" -Eri7
"I'm going to call these Janksqueaks from now on." -Clearman06
"IT IS A SKYTREE!!!" -Big K
Image
Image
Image
New producer of the Novaverse, after Eri7's departure from the community.

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm

Re: Attack of the Darkness (HIATUS)

Postby PopYoshi » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:27 pm

Thank you all for the support! I'm gonna continue making this!

Added in 9 minutes 59 seconds:
BTW, I know this is gonna put me in shame buuut...
Maybe people would like to know how was the first attemp of AOD

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=10345&p=151473&hil ... ss#p151473 (download link included, expect an awful level of english there)
Image

Image

My project:

Image
Image

User avatar
MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1501
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am

Re: Attack of the Darkness (HIATUS)

Postby MegaDood » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:12 am

Hooray! I'm glad development can continue for now.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
1di_Scroll
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1884
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: C'est la vie... profitez-en!
Contact:

Re: Attack of the Darkness (HIATUS)

Postby 1di_Scroll » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:55 pm

PopYoshi wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:37 pm
Thank you all for the support! I'm gonna continue making this!

Added in 9 minutes 59 seconds:
BTW, I know this is gonna put me in shame buuut...
Maybe people would like to know how was the first attemp of AOD

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=10345&p=151473&hil ... ss#p151473 (download link included, expect an awful level of english there)
Nice to see that AOD revived now. And... as I already have the requeriments, you can count me as a designer again!
and also sorry for the time but you know I'm making use of the few hours we daily have without power

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Contact:

Re: Attack of the Darkness (HIATUS)

Postby Eri7 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:12 am

Hey PopYoshi, what happened? Am i officially accepted as one of your beta testers?

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm

Hiatus of the Darkness

Postby PopYoshi » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:11 pm

Better if I post some progress before the supporters hit me

I've been working in the first level a while, mainly because I was polishing some things, I was making the graphics for the level, lack of inspiration (LGLMAKING save me) and more, right now I made considerable progress in the level and it wants to be finished now! yahoo!

(the next images are from the first section of the level)
Spoiler: show
Image
Woof, there's still several things to do with this level, and I have to make a boss for it, waaaaaaaaaa!
But things aren't going to be done alone so let's keep working

Added in 2 minutes 19 seconds:
Re: Attack of the Darkness (HIATUS)
Eri7 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:12 am
Hey PopYoshi, what happened? Am i officially accepted as one of your beta testers?
Of course lil' buddy ^^
Image

Image

My project:

Image
Image

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Contact:

Re: Attack of the Darkness (HIATUS)

Postby Eri7 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:49 pm

Your new screenshots look great, so after i have been accepted as Beta Tester, how will the beta testing process go, will you send me the levels i need to beta test on PM?

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm

Re: Attack of the Darkness (HIATUS)

Postby PopYoshi » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:52 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:49 pm
Your new screenshots look great, so after i have been accepted as Beta Tester, how will the beta testing process go, will you send me the levels i need to beta test on PM?
Yup, there isn't anything hard to understand, once I finish the level you'll beta test it and write a review of the level so I can see if there's bugs or if there's something you don't liked of the level and what's wrong with the level (it'll be extremely useful in the first level because there's several stuff I'm not liking about the level)
Image

Image

My project:

Image
Image

User avatar
Rhosty
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2570
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: nyā (にゃー)

Re: Attack of the Darkness (HIATUS)

Postby Rhosty » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:19 am

If this project isn't on hiatus anymore, why does it say hiatus in the subject title?
Image omg zoom is absolute trash, why does my school still use it

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Contact:

Re: Attack of the Darkness (HIATUS)

Postby Eri7 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:26 am

Eureka wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:19 am
If this project isn't on hiatus anymore, why does it say hiatus in the subject title?
Hmm, maybe because he wants to first have a good amount of progress?

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm

Re: Attack of the Darkness (HIATUS)

Postby PopYoshi » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:54 am

Yup, I haven't even done the worldmap, the only folder in the project is from the 1-1 level

Added in 8 hours 26 minutes 23 seconds:
Level Update:

The actual state of the level is that it's almost finished, I'll have to do a cutscene and make the boss, oof, at least a good part of the level is finished. I'll post screens later
Image

Image

My project:

Image
Image

User avatar
Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:48 pm
Flair: ???

Re: Attack of the Darkness (HIATUS)

Postby Super Luigi! » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:23 pm

It's good to see you back once again, PopYoshi. If you still need my help, I should be open.
Projects I support:
Spoiler: show
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
Image
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

User avatar
KBorg64
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:38 pm
Flair: Flair
Contact:

Re: Attack of the Darkness (HIATUS)

Postby KBorg64 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:38 pm

Wow it's looking great so far! Glad you've been able to bounce back and continue your episode!
Image

Formerly 64searchman46.

Main Youtube Channel
"The Note Block" Discord server
Discord username: kborg#5607
Switch friend code: SW-0765-3487-6690


Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests