Smbx 1.4.4: The search for Weegee (BETA 1 OUT)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: levels?
Location: If i told you I ride polar bears would you really need to ask?
Chat Username: WildWEEGEE

Smbx 1.4.4: The search for Weegee (BETA 1 OUT)

Postby WildWEEGEE » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:49 pm

Hello, people who probably don't care about my project! Today I will be showing you it and I admit to clashing some tiles... BUT WHO CARES!? am I right? No, I'm not. Well, here you go!

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Story:
Luigi went missing after a super smash bros tournament and never returned. Princess Peach and the toads thought bowser had a role in this but Mario thought otherwise. PLZ don't judge by this story it's not only still in development but also there's a lot of the story in game that I don't want to spoil
Content:
50+ Levels
Lots of characters to play (Certain levels will have specific characters to play as)
Intriguing story and mystery
8 Worlds and an extra(?)
TONS of custom and preexisting powerups such as the golden flower and the nerf maverick
Credits:
Squishy rex (GFX)
Playonloop (Music)
TheCreator520 (GFX)
Reghrhre (GFX)
Witchking666 (GFX)
Valtteri (GFX)
MarioWizzerd (GFX)
Enjl (GFX)
Herr dungen (Music)
Note: I'm going to update the sprites and hud like seen in the snowy screenshot

Progress:
World 1: 7/7 levels done
World 2: 8/8 levels done
World 3: 11/12 levels done
World 4: 4/4 levels done
World 5: 4/5 levels done
World 6: 1/6 levels done
World 7: 0/9 levels done
World 8: 0/13 levels done

Beta 1:
Last edited by WildWEEGEE on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:40 pm, edited 8 times in total.
I believe in Nothing as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
I support: show
ImageImage
I might not be as active anymore because of some personal issues so please understand that.

Westretroman
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Re: Smbx 1.4.4: Mario's search for luigi

Postby Westretroman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:52 pm

It looks really cool and the concept is good, the only thing I'm concerned about is the area with the Thwomps, need to even out so the player is warned of the danger before getting smashed to pieces, and the level in the screenshot of Propeller Mario needs to be cut down or removed, as it looks really bland and pointless, the random paratroopa placement doesn't help it either, but I wish you luck on your episode and nice shortening the level length to 50, it's a good idea for your first episode. How do you plan out your levels? It's always nice to get inspiration for a level by watching something or viewing some nice levels.

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby WildWEEGEE » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:18 pm

Westretroman wrote:It looks really cool and the concept is good, the only thing I'm concerned about is the area with the Thwomps, need to even out so the player is warned of the danger before getting smashed to pieces, and the level in the screenshot of Propeller Mario needs to be cut down or removed, as it looks really bland and pointless, the random paratroopa placement doesn't help it either, but I wish you luck on your episode and nice shortening the level length to 50, it's a good idea for your first episode. How do you plan out your levels? It's always nice to get inspiration for a level by watching something or viewing some nice levels.
Thanks! I'll make sure to get rid of the paratroopa screenshot and even out the space of thwomps to warn the players of danger :D

And an answer to your other question, I usually think of an idea then I go with it... like a train of unkillable weegeez charging at you or birdo using a clone machine to prove her domination over the fashion department... lol
I believe in Nothing as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
ImageImage
I might not be as active anymore because of some personal issues so please understand that.

Westretroman
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Westretroman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:47 am

Cool, and by the way, I didn't mean take it down, I meant to fix the bland space that appears in the level with the paratroopas.

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby WildWEEGEE » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:01 am

Westretroman wrote:Cool, and by the way, I didn't mean take it down, I meant to fix the bland space that appears in the level with the paratroopas.
Oh ok I'll fix it when I can

ImageImage

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Re: Smbx 1.4.4: The search for Weegee (BETA 1 OUT)

Postby WildWEEGEE » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:41 pm

The first beta is out now!

Noone cares... I expected that

ImageImage

Gremonow
Bit
Bit
Current Project: 16-bit Super Mario Bros. U
Chat Username: Gremonow

Postby Gremonow » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:45 am

Damn man, what are you talking about? This will be a good episode! I can't wait! I've put a Weegee in my episode too as a joke, but I think an episode with mysteries and Weegee can be awesome! Umm and yeah what are those Goombas on the 6th screenshot? Are them NSMB Goombas?
Hope you'll finish it soon!

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby WildWEEGEE » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:06 am

Gremonow wrote:Damn man, what are you talking about? This will be a good episode! I can't wait! I've put a Weegee in my episode too as a joke, but I think an episode with mysteries and Weegee can be awesome! Umm and yeah what are those Goombas on the 6th screenshot? Are them NSMB Goombas?
Thank you for the support! Those goombas are mariowizerd's I think but I've used so much gfx that I can't remember correctly

ImageImage

Gremonow
Bit
Bit

Postby Gremonow » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:14 pm

WildWEEGEE wrote:
Gremonow wrote:Damn man, what are you talking about? This will be a good episode! I can't wait! I've put a Weegee in my episode too as a joke, but I think an episode with mysteries and Weegee can be awesome! Umm and yeah what are those Goombas on the 6th screenshot? Are them NSMB Goombas?
Thank you for the support! Those goombas are mariowizerd's I think but I've used so much gfx that I can't remember correctly
Can you drop a link?I may need those Goombas. :o

arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Postby arcade999 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:37 pm

no offence, but what directly hit me while looking at the screenshots, some jumps are looking terrible and there is clash everywhere
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby WildWEEGEE » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:48 pm

arcade999 wrote:no offence, but what directly hit me while looking at the screenshots, some jumps are looking terrible and there is clash everywhere
I'm aware of the clash but all the jumps that may look impossible have either been fixed or use elements to get past them like in the pipe screenshot I made it so the level wraps

ImageImage

arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Postby arcade999 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:49 pm

WildWEEGEE wrote:
arcade999 wrote:no offence, but what directly hit me while looking at the screenshots, some jumps are looking terrible and there is clash everywhere
I'm aware of the clash but all the jumps that may look impossible have either been fixed or use elements to get past them like in the pipe screenshot I made it so the level wraps
if it got corrected, you should update the screenshots
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby WildWEEGEE » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:59 pm

arcade999 wrote:
WildWEEGEE wrote:
if it got corrected, you should update the screenshots
Yes I probably should

ImageImage

TheLoafLord
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: REBIRTH OF PROJECT
Chat Username: TheLoafLord

Postby TheLoafLord » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:41 pm

Oh look it's the unfunny unoriginal meme that died about 5 years ago and starred in every single YTP in existence.

Just kidding.

About the screenshots, your levels are literally so style clashing that my eyes are burning. Please stick with one theme. Apart from that they don't look too bad I suppose.
I am probably the most grammatical person on these forums.

HE'S BACK

You wouldn't believe how fast I became a Metroid fan. I guess you could say I Shineparked into the series.

A bunch of virtually pointless but cool quotes from popular culture:

The name's Saxton Hale, CEO of Mann Co, and the Mann who's gonna burn this place to the ground! - Saxton Hale

I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS, WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?! - Cave Johnson

RROOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - Shrek

Here is my stuff (Project, some graphic edits and recolours, ect.)

[/center]

Also, here is stuff I support!

[/center]

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby WildWEEGEE » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:21 pm

The_Loaf_Lord wrote:Oh look it's the unfunny unoriginal meme that died about 5 years ago and starred in every single YTP in existence.

Just kidding.

About the screenshots, your levels are literally so style clashing that my eyes are burning. Please stick with one theme. Apart from that they don't look too bad I suppose.
Well other than weegee there's more memes that already died such as: Lenny, malleo, dat boi and some fresh ones like Ugandan knuckles that will make appearances in the shitty episode I'm making
But on topic the clash is real I know... I've been told that many times before

ImageImage

TheLoafLord
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: REBIRTH OF PROJECT
Chat Username: TheLoafLord

Postby TheLoafLord » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:28 pm

WildWEEGEE wrote:
The_Loaf_Lord wrote:Oh look it's the unfunny unoriginal meme that died about 5 years ago and starred in every single YTP in existence.

Just kidding.

Well other than weegee there's more memes that already died such as: Lenny, malleo, dat boi and some fresh ones like Ugandan knuckles that will make appearances in the shitty episode I'm making
Well then why aren't you taking this criticism into mind? You're continuing to add clashing textures despite being told it's unattractive level design wise. It's constructive criticism and you shouldn't just completely ignore it. Do something about it and you might attract more true fans for your project.
I am probably the most grammatical person on these forums.

HE'S BACK

You wouldn't believe how fast I became a Metroid fan. I guess you could say I Shineparked into the series.

A bunch of virtually pointless but cool quotes from popular culture:

The name's Saxton Hale, CEO of Mann Co, and the Mann who's gonna burn this place to the ground! - Saxton Hale

I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS, WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?! - Cave Johnson

RROOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - Shrek

Here is my stuff (Project, some graphic edits and recolours, ect.)

[/center]

Also, here is stuff I support!

[/center]

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby WildWEEGEE » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:40 pm

The_Loaf_Lord wrote:
WildWEEGEE wrote:

Just kidding.

Well then why aren't you taking this criticism into mind? You're continuing to add clashing textures despite being told it's unattractive level design wise. It's constructive criticism and you shouldn't just completely ignore it. Do something about it and you might attract more true fans for your project.
I have been recently just those screenshots are old levels in the project and I'm lazy to fix them sadly but I hope the rest of the levels can make up for it

ImageImage

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby WildWEEGEE » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:45 pm

Gremonow wrote:
WildWEEGEE wrote:
Can you drop a link?I may need those Goombas. :o
well I guess... http://www.mediafire.com/file/cpzhzktkd ... oombas.zip Give credit to mariowizzerd not me

ImageImage

Gremonow
Bit
Bit

Postby Gremonow » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:24 am

WildWEEGEE wrote: well I guess... http://www.mediafire.com/file/cpzhzktkd ... oombas.zip Give credit to mariowizzerd not me
Thank you. :)

Return to “Projects”