SMBX: Around the World (SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
MegaCDFan235
Bit
Bit
Current Project: SMBX: Around the World (A Typical SMBX Episode is being put on hold)

Re: It's The Demo and also More Information

Postby MegaCDFan235 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Smibbix wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:26 pm
MegaCDFan235 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:52 pm
Welp, now's the demo time.
Here's the actual demo.
It's sort of small, as it's only a demo of a few Canada levels and that's all.
For some reason, SMBX crashes when I try to enter the third level... Am I missing a needed library or something?
Send a screenshot of the crash and I may be able to help you.
If for whatever reason that is not possible, tell me which version you are using.
SMBX Stuff: show

Image Image

CANCELLED:

MARIO 5: BETWEEN UNIVERSES NOTICE: show
Mario 5: Between Universes has been canceled, and certain sections of the levels that survived through screenshots will be reused in some levels in SMBX: Around the World and will also be getting sort of a remake in either one of the episodes I'm working on. I'm really sorry for any inconveniences this causes.

Smibbix
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: I can't tell you just yet, but let's just say it's pretty funkatronic...
Chat Username: Smibbix

Postby Smibbix » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:52 pm

MegaCDFan235 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:51 pm
If for whatever reason that is not possible, tell me which version you are using.

cat planet cat planet cat planet!!!

I Support:
Spoiler: show

Haha, wrong forum.
Great Quotes:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote: These used other people levels withouth their permission? I don't know if it's wrong if the big heads of the forums make it
Enjl wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:27 am
The only palette people care about is the SMB3 palette.
smbx GaMERDoG wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 am
These tomatoes weren't debugged properly!
Horikawa Otane wrote: Image

MegaCDFan235
Bit
Bit
Current Project: SMBX: Around the World (A Typical SMBX Episode is being put on hold)

Postby MegaCDFan235 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:12 pm

Smibbix wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:52 pm
MegaCDFan235 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Strange. I never had that error before. I played the demo copy I have on my hard drive all the way through and that error never appeared. I even downloaded a copy off of the download link just to be sure, and never had that problem either. I'm not so sure what exactly is going on here, but just to give you a heads up, the third level uses ParalX for parallax-scrolling backgrounds, so that might be why it is crashing, but even then, I'm not so sure why you can't even start that level up. It might have something to do with your version of ParalX being different than mine, or something like that. Just for convenience purposes, I will say that my version of ParalX.lua is version 1.4.4.

Image Image

CANCELLED:

Mario 5: Between Universes has been canceled, and certain sections of the levels that survived through screenshots will be reused in some levels in SMBX: Around the World and will also be getting sort of a remake in either one of the episodes I'm working on. I'm really sorry for any inconveniences this causes.

Smibbix
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: I can't tell you just yet, but let's just say it's pretty funkatronic...
Chat Username: Smibbix

Postby Smibbix » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:29 pm

MegaCDFan235 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:12 pm
Strange. I never had that error before. I played the demo copy I have on my hard drive all the way through and that error never appeared. I even downloaded a copy off of the download link just to be sure, and never had that problem either. I'm not so sure what exactly is going on here, but just to give you a heads up, the third level uses ParalX for parallax-scrolling backgrounds, so that might be why it is crashing, but even then, I'm not so sure why you can't even start that level up. It might have something to do with your version of ParalX being different than mine, or something like that. Just for convenience purposes, I will say that my version of ParalX.lua is version 1.4.4.
Well, thanks for looking into it. I have the same version of ParalX as you, so I'm really not sure what the deal is.
cat planet cat planet cat planet!!!

I Support:

Haha, wrong forum.
Great Quotes:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote: These used other people levels withouth their permission? I don't know if it's wrong if the big heads of the forums make it
Enjl wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:27 am
The only palette people care about is the SMB3 palette.
smbx GaMERDoG wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 am
These tomatoes weren't debugged properly!
Horikawa Otane wrote: Image

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: SMBX: Around the World (CANADA DEMO)

Postby Cedur » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:16 am

MegaCDFan235 wrote:ping

hey, since you just came back online: Does this project still exist?

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

MegaCDFan235
Bit
Bit

Suspended until Further Notice

Postby MegaCDFan235 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:48 pm

Cedur wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:16 am
MegaCDFan235 wrote:ping

hey, since you just came back online: Does this project still exist?
LONG: show
I've been talking with someone on Discord about this, and I have come to the conclusion, even before talking with him, that I'm probably not going to finish this project too soon.
In fact, it might even be abandoned. Given the fact that I seemed to have lost interest in SMBX and the fact I'm working on fanprojects that don't have anything to do with Nintendo, I see it as 'inconclusive'.
I hope I can finish this project, but again, given my lack of interest, it's not going to happen soon.
One major thing about this project that made me lose interest is the alternate history.
I look back at it, and its terrible.
If I were to polish up this project, it'd probably be VERY different from the original plan.
And same goes for the alternate history.
In fact, it might even end up following a DIFFERENT alternate history if I polish it up for public release.
So there. Either this project goes in the bin, or it's gonna take another 5 years or so until it gets a public release which would be VERY different from now.
And when I mean very different, I mean things like the levels, the plot, the worlds, possibly even the name.
For example, Canada's Canadian (sounds dumb but bare with me here) levels would probably end up going to Alaska instead, as the timeline would make Canada non-existent and annexed to Alaska.
Another change is that Canada's American levels would get rethemed to some other world or scrapped.
The New York levels, for example, would probably be scrapped.
Many of these changes would be linked to the alternate history's changes.
Not all of these are.
For example, I might change how the characters get to nations. Rather than essentially walking straight to them, maybe they'll take a few more flights or cruises to different nations.
One slight inaccuracy with the article as of typing is that it lists the USA as the final world.
That isn't true.
If you've read the alternate history itself, it'd actually be a Viacom-ruled nation that is the final world.
This is probably going to be scrapped, assuming this project gets done and I have enough interest in it.
The gist of the whole Viacom thing is that Viacom took over the USA and made the lands suck.
That oily canyon, the oily city and the oil factory I showed in screenshots earlier?
Those were Viacom screenshots.
Oil is absolutely everywhere in Viacom.
There was one Cheep-Cheep in the oil factory that you could talk to, and it cried for you to put it in water, but not salt water.
Also related, believe it or not, was the Polybius teaser in an old screenshot.
Remember when I showed a screenshot of what would be a Polybius-themed level for the game? Polybius being the non-existent arcade game?
That was Viacom-related.
You see, as of typing, in the alt-history, Viacom actually founded Sinnesloschen to control the minds of young children and have them join Viacom in their future to take over the world or something like that.
They aren't very fluent in German, hence Sinnesloschen (it's a mangled German word).
The Polybius level was supposed to be one of the final levels in the game.
This is also probably going to be scrapped along with the 'Viacom is the bad guys' shtick.
I'm revealing this because, one more time, these are not going to last long. The levels themselves will probably get redesigns as well.
Also what I've noticed in the current state of the project is that there's swearing. I didn't plan swearing at first, but it kinda trickled its way into the current state.
That's probably another thing to get scrapped.
Last I remember working on the project, I created a large map for Hawaii and implemented some sort of Terraria reference in Jamaica in an unfinished state.
I also considered making Hawaii the first world and not Alaska. That didn't happen, however.
I even considered adding giant P-Switches, the Oceania one being in Hawaii and actually having a level designed for it.
I may have made a few other changes to the levels to commemorate SMBX2 MAGLX and PAL being released.
Otherwise, not much progress.
Maybe I'll release some demo or something that contains levels which were made for the game (they aren't finished, that's for sure), but I'm going to be suspending this project until further notice.
For anyone wondering, Yuri will still be a thing. His special ability might get a bugfix, though I'm not an expert in Lua, so I might need help with that.
tl;dr; This project will either be scrapped or delayed roughly another 5 years or so for a MASSIVE overhaul along with its alternate history or the althistory it currently follows will be replaced by a different (and hopefully better) althistory.
I will be suspending this project until further notice, though I may release a demo with a few unfinished levels.
It's not totally scrapped; at least, not yet. I still need to decide on that.
In the meantime, I may release a demo of another SMBX project I was working on that seems to be equally dormant, if not moreso; A Typical SMBX Episode.
Thank all of you who supported this project for your help.
Until further notice, however, this project is suspended.

Image Image

CANCELLED:

SDA - SMBX
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: S.M.B.X.
Chat Username: S.D.A.

Re: SMBX: Around the World (SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

Postby SDA - SMBX » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:04 am

That's cool. I was lucky that there's gonna be a world dedicated to Italy too. That's where I live.
Super Mario Bros. X is probably one of the most cool fangames ever made on history. I cannot tell the same for Super Mario Bros. X2 though.

Return to “Projects”