SMBX: Around the World (CANADA DEMO)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

What videos should I put up for the episode?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:17 pm

Trailers
No votes
Gameplay Previews
100%

Total votes: 1
MegaCDFan235
Bit
Bit
Current Project: SMBX: Around the World (A Typical SMBX Episode is being put on hold)

Re: It's The Demo and also More Information

Postby MegaCDFan235 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Smibbix wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:26 pm
MegaCDFan235 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:52 pm
Welp, now's the demo time.
Here's the actual demo.
It's sort of small, as it's only a demo of a few Canada levels and that's all.
For some reason, SMBX crashes when I try to enter the third level... Am I missing a needed library or something?
Send a screenshot of the crash and I may be able to help you.
If for whatever reason that is not possible, tell me which version you are using.
SMBX Stuff: show

Image Image

CANCELLED:

MARIO 5: BETWEEN UNIVERSES NOTICE: show
Mario 5: Between Universes has been canceled, and certain sections of the levels that survived through screenshots will be reused in some levels in SMBX: Around the World and will also be getting sort of a remake in either one of the episodes I'm working on. I'm really sorry for any inconveniences this causes.

Smibbix
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: I can't tell you just yet, but let's just say it's pretty funkatronic...
Chat Username: Smibbix

Postby Smibbix » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:52 pm

MegaCDFan235 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:51 pm
If for whatever reason that is not possible, tell me which version you are using.

cat planet cat planet cat planet!!!

I Support:
Spoiler: show

Haha, wrong forum.
Great Quotes:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote: These used other people levels withouth their permission? I don't know if it's wrong if the big heads of the forums make it
Enjl wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:27 am
The only palette people care about is the SMB3 palette.
smbx GaMERDoG wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 am
These tomatoes weren't debugged properly!
Horikawa Otane wrote: Image

MegaCDFan235
Bit
Bit
Current Project: SMBX: Around the World (A Typical SMBX Episode is being put on hold)

Postby MegaCDFan235 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:12 pm

Smibbix wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:52 pm
MegaCDFan235 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Strange. I never had that error before. I played the demo copy I have on my hard drive all the way through and that error never appeared. I even downloaded a copy off of the download link just to be sure, and never had that problem either. I'm not so sure what exactly is going on here, but just to give you a heads up, the third level uses ParalX for parallax-scrolling backgrounds, so that might be why it is crashing, but even then, I'm not so sure why you can't even start that level up. It might have something to do with your version of ParalX being different than mine, or something like that. Just for convenience purposes, I will say that my version of ParalX.lua is version 1.4.4.
SMBX Stuff: show

Image Image

CANCELLED:

MARIO 5: BETWEEN UNIVERSES NOTICE: show
Mario 5: Between Universes has been canceled, and certain sections of the levels that survived through screenshots will be reused in some levels in SMBX: Around the World and will also be getting sort of a remake in either one of the episodes I'm working on. I'm really sorry for any inconveniences this causes.

Smibbix
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: I can't tell you just yet, but let's just say it's pretty funkatronic...
Chat Username: Smibbix

Postby Smibbix » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:29 pm

MegaCDFan235 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:12 pm
Strange. I never had that error before. I played the demo copy I have on my hard drive all the way through and that error never appeared. I even downloaded a copy off of the download link just to be sure, and never had that problem either. I'm not so sure what exactly is going on here, but just to give you a heads up, the third level uses ParalX for parallax-scrolling backgrounds, so that might be why it is crashing, but even then, I'm not so sure why you can't even start that level up. It might have something to do with your version of ParalX being different than mine, or something like that. Just for convenience purposes, I will say that my version of ParalX.lua is version 1.4.4.
Well, thanks for looking into it. I have the same version of ParalX as you, so I'm really not sure what the deal is.
cat planet cat planet cat planet!!!

I Support:

Haha, wrong forum.
Great Quotes:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote: These used other people levels withouth their permission? I don't know if it's wrong if the big heads of the forums make it
Enjl wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:27 am
The only palette people care about is the SMB3 palette.
smbx GaMERDoG wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 am
These tomatoes weren't debugged properly!
Horikawa Otane wrote: Image

Return to “Projects”