Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer (for 2.0) (Help Needed!)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Core
Grinder
Grinder

Re: (Updated) Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer (for SMBX2)

Postby Core » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:40 pm

I'm not sure if Mickey Mouse Platformer episode/game is good idea, but this one looks pretty promising. Also black-white theme i see? I expected to see a colorish theme.

ElmerMouseFan34
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer
Chat Username: ElmerMouseFan34

Postby ElmerMouseFan34 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:55 pm

Chorpe wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:40 pm
I'm not sure if Mickey Mouse Platformer episode/game is good idea, but this one looks pretty promising. Also black-white theme i see? I expected to see a colorish theme.
I know, it's because of the Cease and Disease that might appear, right?
About the colors, the 1st section is in black and white because of the original short, while the 2nd has more colors. But I'll make more colorful levels, this is just what I've done that is finished. The intro and the other levels are still being made.
My main project:
Logo montage by AndrewPixel, SMW font by BMatSantos, cog sprites by Valtteri and Mickey and Donald sprites by Landsverk96 (on DeviantArt).
Discord server: https://discord.gg/4hYwk2k

Maddox121
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Flair: MMW: PLAT
Chat Username: MaddoxMouseWorks

Postby Maddox121 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:20 am

ok

Tomex7
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: I like comic books.
Current Project: SM And The Ancient Stars
Chat Username: To_mex

Postby Tomex7 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:26 am

Sooo... Does this project live or is it dead?

My brand-new episode

Spoiler: show

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:33 am

I guess it's still alive, you could reach the author at the SMBXProjects server

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

ElmerMouseFan34
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby ElmerMouseFan34 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:08 am

Tomex7 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:26 am
Cedur wrote: I guess it's still alive, you could reach the author at the SMBXProjects server
It is still alive. Sorry if I wasn't very active, but I've been working on other things and on Goofy's sprites by editing saidFayad5's (from The Spriters Resource) custom Waluigi sprite for Super Mario Maker based on the Weird Mushroom Power-Up.
So without any more delays, here's a preview on how Goofy will look like in the episode (please note that it is still a WIP):
ImageImage
Last edited by ElmerMouseFan34 on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My main project:
Logo montage by AndrewPixel, SMW font by BMatSantos, cog sprites by Valtteri and Mickey and Donald sprites by Landsverk96 (on DeviantArt).

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:46 am

ElmerMouseFan34 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:08 am
Tomex7 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:26 am
Cedur wrote: I guess it's still alive, you could reach the author at the SMBXProjects server
It is still alive. Sorry if I wasn't very active, but I've been working on other things and on Goofy's sprites by editing saidFayad5's (from The Spriters Resource) custom Waluigi sprite for Super Mario Maker based on the Weird Mushroom Power-Up.
So without any more delays, here's a preview on how Goofy will look like in the episode (please note that it is still a WIP):
ImageImage
Images don't work
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Tomex7
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: I like comic books.
Current Project: SM And The Ancient Stars
Chat Username: To_mex

Postby Tomex7 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:16 pm

Electriking wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:46 am
Images don't work
Strange, they worked today...

My brand-new episode

ElmerMouseFan34
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby ElmerMouseFan34 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:08 pm

Electriking wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:46 am
ElmerMouseFan34 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:08 am
ImageImage
Images don't work
I reuploaded them again. If they are not working, I think these ones will.

ImageImage
My main project:

MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Mickey Mouse Works: The Platformer (for 2.0) (Help Needed!)

Postby MegaDood » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:45 pm

This looks interesting, I haven't seen this sort of concept done before, and I'm interested to see what enemies will be included.

Also, it would be cool is there was a Moon Level from Ducktales. Yes I know it's from a Capcom game, but Ducktales is still Disney, and the Moon is a pretty iconic level.
My Project:
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

ElmerMouseFan34
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby ElmerMouseFan34 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:59 am

MegaDood wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:45 pm
This looks interesting, I haven't seen this sort of concept done before, and I'm interested to see what enemies will be included.

Also, it would be cool is there was a Moon Level from Ducktales. Yes I know it's from a Capcom game, but Ducktales is still Disney, and the Moon is a pretty iconic level.
Huh, I never thought about that. Since the sprites for Scrooge that I'll use come from the Ducktales NES game, it might be a great idea paying tribute to that classic title including The Moon level.
Looks like the next playable character will be good ol' Uncle Scrooge McDuck with The Moon as one of the levels.
Thank you for the suggestion, MegaDood!
My main project:

MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Postby MegaDood » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:50 pm

ElmerMouseFan34 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:59 am
MegaDood wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:45 pm

Huh, I never thought about that. Since the sprites for Scrooge that I'll use come from the Ducktales NES game, it might be a great idea paying tribute to that classic title including The Moon level.
Looks like the next playable character will be good ol' Uncle Scrooge McDuck with The Moon as one of the levels.
Thank you for the suggestion, MegaDood!
No problem! Good luck with your project!
My Project:
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

ElmerMouseFan34
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby ElmerMouseFan34 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:54 pm

The Scrooge McDuck sprites are done, now the only thing left is the calibration.
Thanks to SuperStarfy2002 on DeviantArt, the Richest Duck in the World will have a small form (from the Game Boy port of Ducktales, I guess?!), a Super (NES) and a Fire form.
And do you know how some of the Smash Bros fighters have color schemes that are a reference to something? When Scrooge collects the Fire Flower, his color palette will be a reference to his appearance from the comics.
Here are the previews:
Image Image Image
My main project:

ElmerMouseFan34
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby ElmerMouseFan34 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:07 pm

A new poll has been added. Go and vote on how Mickey and Scrooge McDuck should be playable in the next demo(s).
My main project:

ElmerMouseFan34
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby ElmerMouseFan34 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:31 am

The number of voters on the poll wasn't enough to reach a conclusion. So, and in order to make everyone happy, I decided to make both characters playable in the next demo that will include "Steamboat Willie" (with new improvements) and "The Moon" with the inclusion of a new "level" where you can change the playable character at any time (that's more for those who aren't familiar with SMBX2). That way, you can play the way you want more.
Now, any suggestion for levels that could be included? Original levels will also be included, don't worry! :D
And if you would like to join me on this project/episode, let me know.

P.S.: A Discord server has been created just for this project. If you want to reach me, join the server: https://discord.gg/4hYwk2k
My main project:

ElmerMouseFan34
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby ElmerMouseFan34 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:39 am

Wow... One and a half months without updates?! That's new, I guess...
But I'm not lost in the Moon like Della Duck on the Ducktales reboot...

Speaking on The Moon, expect a new demo/update in the next few days. You'll experience a remake of the original NES Ducktales level and a demake of its Remastered version. This time, there's a not-so-secret boss hidden somewhere and a star if you defeat him.
My main project:

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:32 pm

Sorry for what I said back then, anyways, this looks neat and cool! Can't wait to see what you do more with this game? Is the UI reskinned with a more Disney look to it? What enemies or levels will be in this game? But most importantly, the story? It just looks fun.

ElmerMouseFan34
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby ElmerMouseFan34 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:11 pm

Westretroman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:32 pm
Sorry for what I said back then, anyways, this looks neat and cool! Can't wait to see what you do more with this game? Is the UI reskinned with a more Disney look to it? What enemies or levels will be in this game? But most importantly, the story? It just looks fun.
It's okay.
Well, not just a Disney look (even though it's mainly Disney), but a Cartoon look in general, going through the early 1920s/1930s look to a more modern style. The enemies will come from a lot of different games based on different cartoon series (like Popeye, Looney Tunes, Magical Quest, Places of Illusion, etc.).
And good that you mentioned the story. I will make "cutscenes" on PowerPoint protected with codes found throughout the game. But the synopsis goes as it follows:
«The Phantom Blot stole Professor Von Drake's Time-and-Space-Travelling-Machine-Which-Needs-A-Better-Name (that's the real name) and used it to take over the Cartoon World.
As a result, Mickey and his friends got sucked by one of the portals and went to the past, away from what they knew as Disneyville. To go back to their time and place, they need to collect one of the seven Rainbow Stars to open the portal to the next destination.
Through the Journey, they will also find some familiar faces from Toontown as well.»
My main project:

ElmerMouseFan34
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby ElmerMouseFan34 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:09 pm

Since a new version of SMBX 2.0 has been released, the 2nd demo is being reworked to work with the new features, since some of them don't work anymore on this new version and have been replaced with others.
So, the release of the demo has been delayed. (And also because I need to add the authors' names of the custom stuff in the Credits.txt file, especially now that it has way more custom sprites and music when compared to the previous demo.)

Added in 2 hours 36 minutes 22 seconds:
APRIL FOOLS DAY!
I bet you weren't expecting the demo to be released today, were ya?
Anyway, here's the link to the 2nd Demo: https://mega.nz/#!dAAUQawL!C28g-Wom8PAC ... -nH_cg-i2o
Note: It requires the new SMBX 2.0 MaGLX3 version
My main project:

ElmerMouseFan34
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby ElmerMouseFan34 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:07 am

New Screenshots available!!!
(Level Coming Soon!)
Credits:
Ducktales 2 Pirates and tileset by Rare
Captain Pete by Fleepa.net(tSR)

Note: The original creators/rippers of the sprites can be found on the Credits.txt file found in the 2nd Demo.
My main project:

Return to “Projects”