Rosalina's Satellite

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

Rate this project!

Awesome
53%
Good
41%
Average
6%
Bad
No votes

Total votes: 17
VanillaDude
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: Also known as Surtur
Current Project: Rosalina's Satellite

Rosalina's Satellite

Postby VanillaDude » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:36 am

About:
Since I have time to work in a SMBX project because there's a problem in my region that causes the schools to not work for a time, here's my second project! It's inspired in Super Mario Galaxy, taking some features from it. Also I drawn some inspiration from the famous SMBX episode 'New Super Mario Galaxy X'.

Plot:
Peach was in her castle, showing to Mario a big and bright star, that the Mushroom Kingdom people found. Suddenly, a loud and strange noise sounds, and Peach ran scared outside of the castle to see what was going on, while Mario stayed inside. What was happening? Bowser was flying above the castle with his Clown Car! He wants to steal the castle stars! Bowser was attracting every star with a strange magic force to inside of the Clown Car. However, Mario was attracted too, and Bowser did not realize, since he was in the center of the castle, where the biggest star was. After stealing the stars and accidentally Mario, Bowser go up to space. But after a while having left the Earth, a meteorite crashes the Clown Car, and all the stars and Mario scattered to different galaxies. The only star that did not scattered, was the biggest one, luckily for Bowser, it stayed inside the Clown Car, and he was going to hide it on his lava galaxy. On the other hand, Mario fell in a little planet, and was wondering himself what he will do, but suddenly, Rosalina appeared, and Mario asked for help to she. Then, Rosalina took Mario to his new satellite, where they can travel to any galaxy and find the stars easily. Mario and Rosalina started with their adventure!

Features: (Last updated: 08/02/19)
- Two playables: Mario and Rosalina (replacing Peach).
- The project is being made in SMBX 1.3.0.1.
- The satellite mentioned in the plot will be the hub and the players will spawn there once joining the episode. It's used to join to galaxies and bonus levels through doors. The hub has 5 rooms, each one with 6 galaxies and one bonus level. There's also a separated room in the top of the satellite for the last galaxy (which is also separated from the others so it has no missions) and it has the final boss. I still don't have screenshots from the satellite but I will post some once it's ready.
- 30 galaxies with different themes. Each one has two missions (like minigames and collectathons), one boss and a world map to join to them. Every mission level has an objective and these should be completed to get a secret star and unlock the next mission. If the level is completed without the objective, the exit will be a SMB2 exit instead, and it will just lead to the worldmap without unlocking any other mission. The bosses are different per galaxy and defeating them will give to the player a big star as a reward. Then after collecting all 3 stars of a galaxy, the next one will be unlocked. The last is the Bowser's Lava Galaxy and it includes the final boss.
- 5 bonus stages. They are just normal levels, without a real objective.

Screenshots: (Last updated: 22/02/19)
Spoiler: show

Demos: (Last updated 08/02/19)
- Bonus levels:
It includes all of the bonus levels showed in the screenshots, gathered in a world map similar to the mission selection screen. In the episode these levels will appear each one in a different room of the hub. Sorry if the custom end game sound scares someone :lol:
Download link: https://mega.nz/#!4VZhDYxB!fQqLD4GrWVXt ... xWAklIGHwE (Fixed a lot of bugs that I found on the previous file)
(IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THIS DEMO: This project used to be developed in SMBX 2.0 but I downgraded to 1.3.0.1 because of some reasons that I explained on other topic. This demo was released before I took that decision so it uses a few SMBX 2.0 specific features despite the project is actually being developed in SMBX 1.3.0.1)

Team: (Last updated 12/02/19)
- VanillaDude
- ThePieSkyHigh
- LGLMAKING
- Springy

If you want to join the team, just send me a private message!

Support code:
Do you like my project? Support it! Just put this code in your signature:

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=23288&p=341155#p341155][img]https://i.imgur.com/5sCwLCZ.png[/img][/url]

Credits: (Last updated: 12/02/19)
Logo creator: AndrewPixel
Graphics: SMBX Community GFX Pack, Sednaiur's SMB1, SMB2, SMB3 and SMW Expanded GFX Packs, Shikaternia's SMB3 Tileset Pack

Thanks for reading!
Remember that I update this topic often, so if you think you are losing something, just check the "last time edited" below!

Last edited by VanillaDude on Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 63 times in total.

Ludwig_von Koopa
Blooper
Blooper
Flair: FINAL BOSS
Current Project: Neo Super Mario World X/Super Mario Bros.3mastered/???
Chat Username: Ludwig

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby Ludwig_von Koopa » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:54 am

I like it!The screenshots are a little bit messy though.
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdwgBU ... WCa1NYdeJg
JOIN MY DISCORD SERVER:https://discord.gg/UHbVx23
I'm currently using 1.4.4 Patch 2 for my projects.
CHECK OUT MY PROJECT:

I support:

VanillaDude
Ninji
Ninji

Postby VanillaDude » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:19 pm

Ludwig_von Koopa wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:54 am
I like it!The screenshots are a little bit messy though.
Thanks but, what do you mean by messy?

PopYoshi
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Postby PopYoshi » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:46 pm

You should make the colors of the beach tileset less bright, it hurted my eyes when I saw it

My project:

Eri7
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: Super Mario Nova Part 1(38A) + ????
Chat Username: Eri7

Postby Eri7 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:45 pm

What makes these levels their own galaxies? They just look too regular for me to accept them as their own galaxies...

I support:

VanillaDude
Ninji
Ninji

Postby VanillaDude » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:17 pm

PopYoshi wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:46 pm
You should make the colors of the beach tileset less bright, it hurted my eyes when I saw it
Hmm... You're right. Maybe I could look for another in the community GFX pack? (from there comes the graphics I use) If not I will go for the default tileset. I will post an updated screenshot later. Thanks for the advice!
Eri7 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:45 pm
What makes these levels their own galaxies? They just look too regular for me to accept them as their own galaxies...
The plot explains it, all the stars went to different galaxies, and each level has a star, so they would be considered as the galaxies.

MmmMario
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Flair: Yeet
Current Project: My current project is living. Trust me, it's hard.
Chat Username: TawPawNaw

Postby MmmMario » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:14 pm

You understand that Rosalina is a playable in 2.0? You don't need to replace her with Peach.
Here's Johnny

I will bore everyone out of their mind with my questions!!!

Does anyone else have the PostImages problem? Frankly, it annoys me that sometimes I can't view pictures.

Ace

Postby Ace » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:49 pm

MmmMario wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:14 pm
You understand that Rosalina is a playable in 2.0? You don't need to replace her with Peach.
2.0 playable characters are planned to undergo some changes, so in the long term it may not be the best idea to plan a whole episode around their β3 versions. This is to say that the episode should probably be designed around keeping her as a peach replacement, at least for the time being.

VanillaDude
Ninji
Ninji

Postby VanillaDude » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:14 am

Yeah exactly what Ace said

Also there are a couple of updated screenshots of the beach level ImageImage
I removed the custom tileset but I kept the sand BGOs. The old screenshots were replaced by these in the main post.

EDIT: I just realized that a block is missing in the underwater section, the screenshot looks like that but the level has the block´
Last edited by VanillaDude on Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

VanillaDude
Ninji
Ninji

Postby VanillaDude » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:34 pm

New screenshot! Image

Note: When there's a new screenshot, I will post it separately (like now) but I will add it to the main post as well.
Last edited by VanillaDude on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThePieSkyHigh
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:07 pm

Hey.

Sorry.

Yea, I told you what happened... feel free to assume!....

Looks like your very steady with this.
Go check out my collection of levels: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=22422

You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel, He made a great logo for me and he will for you!
Working on: show

A game with a classic selection of world styles, each having 5 levels to play!
Demo is out now! viewtopic.php?f=90&t=22538&p=336507#p336507

I support: show

VanillaDude
Ninji
Ninji

Postby VanillaDude » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:11 pm

New screenshot!

ThePieSkyHigh
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:59 pm

I like it! :)

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel, He made a great logo for me and he will for you!

LGLMAKING
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: Plans to hack Kirby wii
Current Project: See 'Flair'

Postby LGLMAKING » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:11 am

Eh, I thought that if it is kind of based on SMG, each level should rather have multiple stars as collectibles. Without too much effort, you could recreate the mission system with a world map and a single level. I could explain in detail if you would let me.
I am good at making creative boss battles. If you need any inspiration, criticism, or just kind words, PM me and I will help you.

I support

VanillaDude
Ninji
Ninji

Postby VanillaDude » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:24 am

LGLMAKING wrote: I could explain in detail if you would let me.
Go ahead

ThePieSkyHigh
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:27 am

LGLMAKING wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:11 am
Eh, I thought that if it is kind of based on SMG, each level should rather have multiple stars as collectibles. Without too much effort, you could recreate the mission system with a world map and a single level. I could explain in detail if you would let me.
I agree, so are you saying there should be a hub with doors leading to galaxies with smw stars scattered around and only 1 star that ends the level? (Being the most direct and easy to get)

Not that I'm helping because I don't have my laptop yet, but have I seen this done before? Star expedition I think

It's a good idea

VanillaDude
Ninji
Ninji

Postby VanillaDude » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:30 am

ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:27 am
LGLMAKING wrote:
I agree, so are you saying there should be a hub with doors leading to galaxies with smw stars scattered around and only 1 star that ends the level? (Being the most direct and easy to get)

Not that I'm helping because I don't have my laptop yet, but have I seen this done before? Star expedition I think

It's a good idea
Yeah, maybe I could replace the dragon coins (I have 5 in each level) for the SMW stars? And the big star to end the level? Also I could put some lumas with useful messages. That would fit more the SMG style.

ThePieSkyHigh
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:33 am

Valtteri (forgive me if I butchered your username) has the grand star replacing the smb3 star in his GFX,

Just saying.

VanillaDude
Ninji
Ninji

Postby VanillaDude » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:39 am

ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:33 am
Valtteri (forgive me if I butchered your username) has the grand star replacing the smb3 star in his GFX,

Just saying.
Interesting. I will use it.

Thanks for the suggestions!

LGLMAKING
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: Plans to hack Kirby wii
Current Project: See 'Flair'

Postby LGLMAKING » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:26 am

VanillaDude wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:30 am
ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:27 am
LGLMAKING wrote:

It's a good idea
Yeah, maybe I could replace the dragon coins (I have 5 in each level) for the SMW stars? And the big star to end the level? Also I could put some lumas with useful messages. That would fit more the SMG style.
I don't think it would be a good idea to replace all five dragon coins with SMW stars, is it would render the main objectives useless. Rather, place lots of coins in the bonus areas which originally contained dragon coins. Or you can place launch star pieces or (in some levels) silver stars. Use normal stars for the main objectives and grand stars (which I will explain later) for major boss levels.

You could use domes. On the main hub you could have door warps leading to other levels. These levels are the domes. In the domes you can touch an instant warp shown as a pull star to another room. Upon entering this room you touch a fairy pendant and toggle the pull star in the previous room. In this room you have an instant warp in the center of the room, shown as the hub itself. Touching it will take you back to the hub. Around it you have circling on layers warps (which each require a certain amount of stars) to the world maps. Each world map is the mission selection screen for the corresponding galaxy.

Is something not clear? Please notify me.
I am good at making creative boss battles. If you need any inspiration, criticism, or just kind words, PM me and I will help you.

I support

Return to “Projects”