Rosalina's Satellite (RESTARTING!)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:37 pm

Well 1.3.0.1 was my hometown anyhow 8-)
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
I support: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1737
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: Press Start
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars and something else I think
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite (NEW SCREENSHOT!)

Postby Scroll » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:56 pm

Image
(Wow!) This is the second mission of the first galaxy. It's a mini-challenge similar to SM64, where you will have to collect 7 red coins to get the star (remember, the SMB2 exit doesn't do anything)

(*Replacing the previous screenshot similar to this one*)

User avatar
TheLoafLord
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:41 am

Re: Rosalina's Satellite (NEW SCREENSHOT!)

Postby TheLoafLord » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:40 pm

VanillaDude wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:56 pm
Image
(Wow!) This is the second mission of the first galaxy. It's a mini-challenge similar to SM64, where you will have to collect 7 red coins to get the star (remember, the SMB2 exit doesn't do anything)

(*Replacing the previous screenshot similar to this one*)
The graphics are really nice, and you’ve used them well.

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite (NEW SCREENSHOT!)

Postby Eri7 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:23 am

TheLoafLord wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:40 pm
VanillaDude wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:56 pm
Image
(Wow!) This is the second mission of the first galaxy. It's a mini-challenge similar to SM64, where you will have to collect 7 red coins to get the star (remember, the SMB2 exit doesn't do anything)

(*Replacing the previous screenshot similar to this one*)
The graphics are really nice, and you’ve used them well.
I think the hill bgos look weird when placed on slopes or on tight spots.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Core
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1021
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby Core » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:28 am

Levels (judging by screenshots) look a bit boring honestly. There's nearly nothing that makes gameplay more varied, and in conclusion every galaxy is nearly the same, just different in environment and that's it.

User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1737
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: Press Start
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars and something else I think
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby Scroll » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:09 am

Chorpe wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:28 am
Levels (judging by screenshots) look a bit boring honestly. There's nearly nothing that makes gameplay more varied, and in conclusion every galaxy is nearly the same, just different in environment and that's it.
Remember, I have only two galaxies for now (this one and the sky hills) and I try to make a different evironment for each one. The rest of the screenshots are the bonus levels, which don't have a real objective so these can be a little bit boring.

I accept suggestions if you want to give me some idea anyways

User avatar
Core
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1021
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby Core » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:43 am

VanillaDude wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:09 am
Chorpe wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:28 am
Levels (judging by screenshots) look a bit boring honestly. There's nearly nothing that makes gameplay more varied, and in conclusion every galaxy is nearly the same, just different in environment and that's it.
Remember, I have only two galaxies for now (this one and the sky hills) and I try to make a different evironment for each one. The rest of the screenshots are the bonus levels, which don't have a real objective so these can be a little bit boring.

I accept suggestions if you want to give me some idea anyways
Yeah, two galaxies, and both are nearly the same in gameplay as it seems. And do you only focus on evironment?

User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1737
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: Press Start
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars and something else I think
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby Scroll » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:26 am

Chorpe wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:43 am
VanillaDude wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:09 am
Chorpe wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:28 am
Levels (judging by screenshots) look a bit boring honestly. There's nearly nothing that makes gameplay more varied, and in conclusion every galaxy is nearly the same, just different in environment and that's it.
Remember, I have only two galaxies for now (this one and the sky hills) and I try to make a different evironment for each one. The rest of the screenshots are the bonus levels, which don't have a real objective so these can be a little bit boring.

I accept suggestions if you want to give me some idea anyways
Yeah, two galaxies, and both are nearly the same in gameplay as it seems. And do you only focus on evironment?
It won't be always the same gameplay, in the next missions I will make more objectives (like minigames and other stuff). And remember that each galaxy has a boss, too.

User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1737
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: Press Start
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars and something else I think
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite (NEW SCREENSHOT!)

Postby Scroll » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:02 pm

Image
This may look easy. There will be another section more challenging than this though.

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite (NEW SCREENSHOT!)

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:01 pm

VanillaDude wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:02 pm
Image
This may look easy. There will be another section more challenging than this though.
I got dizzy

You call that easy??
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
I support: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4864
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby Cedur » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:17 am

It just looks dizzy from the size of the screenshot. But how do you get on top? (is walljump active?)
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1737
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: Press Start
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars and something else I think
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby Scroll » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:42 pm

Cedur wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:17 am
It just looks dizzy from the size of the screenshot. But how do you get on top? (is walljump active?)
On the first jump you should disable the switch and use the spring. To get on the higher plarforms you will have to jump to the blue ground and jump with the noteblocks.

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:29 pm

Wall jump?

Is that a thing now?
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
I support: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4864
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby Cedur » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:36 pm

No I guess. There's a spring that I didn't see at first.
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby Eri7 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:28 pm

ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:29 pm
Wall jump?

Is that a thing now?
Well in 2.0, iirc pixelpest made a script for walljumping and in 38A, walljump is a vanilla feature that can be turned on/off.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1737
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: Press Start
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars and something else I think
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite (NEW SCREENSHOT!)

Postby Scroll » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:31 pm

ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:01 pm
VanillaDude wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:02 pm
Image
This may look easy. There will be another section more challenging than this though.
I got dizzy

You call that easy??
That rhymed :P

Well it's easy... At least for me.

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite (NEW SCREENSHOT!)

Postby Eri7 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:21 pm

VanillaDude wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:31 pm
ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:01 pm
VanillaDude wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:02 pm
Image
This may look easy. There will be another section more challenging than this though.
I got dizzy

You call that easy??
That rhymed :P

Well it's easy... At least for me.
Of course it will be easy for you, you are the creator of the level after all but you have to design levels in mind that other players will play them and you have to know how would they play your levels as it helps with designing well made levels, the big difference is that you know your level very well and they don't.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:21 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:28 pm
ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:29 pm
Wall jump?

Is that a thing now?
Well in 2.0, iirc pixelpest made a script for walljumping and in 38A, walljump is a vanilla feature that can be turned on/off.
Oh, does it have an animation too or is it just like literally jumping off walls
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
I support: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4310
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby Electriking » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:59 am

ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:21 pm
Eri7 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:28 pm
ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:29 pm
Wall jump?

Is that a thing now?
Well in 2.0, iirc pixelpest made a script for walljumping and in 38A, walljump is a vanilla feature that can be turned on/off.
Oh, does it have an animation too or is it just like literally jumping off walls
Pretty sure it is just jumping off walls, a special animation is not really necessary for the GFX styles commonly used when making SMBX levels and episodes.

But the episode is being made in SMBX 1.3 now due to issues VanillaDude is having with SMBX2, and he probably won't make the episode 38A either.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 738
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Rosalina's Satellite

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:04 pm

Electriking wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:59 am
ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:21 pm
Eri7 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:28 pm


Well in 2.0, iirc pixelpest made a script for walljumping and in 38A, walljump is a vanilla feature that can be turned on/off.
Oh, does it have an animation too or is it just like literally jumping off walls
Pretty sure it is just jumping off walls, a special animation is not really necessary for the GFX styles commonly used when making SMBX levels and episodes.

But the episode is being made in SMBX 1.3 now due to issues VanillaDude is having with SMBX2, and he probably won't make the episode 38A either.
38A Isn't even used for making episodes too much, it isn't even an official SMBX version, it's weird.....
And since 1.3 is compatible with 2.0, (and imo more people use 1.3) it's not bad :|
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
I support: show
Image

Image

Image

Image


Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests