Mario's Computer Adventure 0.4! 6/13/2019 UPDATE

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
winonamac
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:12 pm
Flair: Hi =D
Current Project: Mario's Computer Adventure
Chat Username: Gameoe
Contact:

Mario's Computer Adventure 0.4! 6/13/2019 UPDATE

Postby winonamac » Wed May 15, 2019 7:30 am

Image

Ver. 0.4!
Download

--------------------------------------------------------------Info--------------------------------------------------------------



Custom level Music is from:rever man's soundcloud

Working on:Windows 95 level

If you have any suggestions reply to this post =)

If you want to support me

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=351326#p351326][img]https://i.imgur.com/5p5Z9kc.png[/img][/url]

---------------------------------------------------------Announcements----------------------------------------------------------



AHHHH I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS!!! I WILL TRY TO START WORKING ON IT TOMORROW EXPECT 4.3 TO COME OUT

POLL TIME ENDS AFTER 7 VOTES

Missed My Stream? Click me. P.S. im going to stream at 3:00 pm

QUICK YOU GUYS GOT UNTILL THE 4 OF JUNE TO REPLY TO THIS POST WITH ENEMIES/NPCs AND/OR BLOCKS. EXAMPLES BELOW THIS. p.s 4 a level

EXAMPLES


Image block-1, SMB3 Wood Block, smw ? with "NPC/Power-up name/npc number"

same with ENEMIES/ NPCs


Image npc-10, SMB3 COIN. make a npc talk! NPC-[Number] MSG:[Write what you want here]
EXAMPLE


--------------------------------------------------------------Screenshots---------------------------------------------------------------------------


Image


Image Image Image


Image Image


Image Image Image Image Image



-----------------

|Update Log|

-----------------




VER. 0.1 Date: May 15, 2019
-------------------------------------
Map Added |
Start Added |
Windows 3.1(WIP) Added |
Windows XP(WIP) Imported |
My Computer(WIP) Added |
------------------------------------

VER. 0.2 Date: IDK
---------------------------------------
Map Updated |
Windows 95 Added |
Windows XP UPDATED |
I have the right link this time |
--------------------------------------

VER. 0.3 Date: May 19, 2019
____________________________
-----------------Note-----------------|
Sorry it's not that much I'm not---|
able to finish the Windows 95 level|
rn =( -----------------------------------|
______________________________|
Windows 95 level ALMOST DONE----|
Windows XP EDITED-------------------|
w95broke added-----------------------|
______________________________|

Ver. 0.3.9
_______________________
Windoes 95 Updated-------|
map updated----------------|
On TO Windows 98!--------|
---------------------------------
Ver. 0.3.9
_______________________
Windoes 95 Updated-------|
---------------------------------

Suggestion List

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:19 pm
If there's a level in this SMBX episode based off the 3-D Pinball: Space Cadet, then I'll 100% support this episode

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MegaDood wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:08 pm
Oh wow neat idea! If I were to suggest anything, I think there should be a level based off either Windows Sudoku, or maybe a plot of trying to stop a dangerous virus. Just a few ideas.
Scroll wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:13 pm
What if you end the game with a crazy trojan effect destroying and corrupting everything at the speed of light

^-Work in Progress: Using that idea in a diffrent way
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sammerbro wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:27 pm
There needs to be a level based of off YouTube
ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:34 pm
How about an online flash game level of some sort?
MegaDood wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:21 pm
ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:53 am
MegaDood wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:23 am
This episode has so much potential with what can be thought up. You could even do a part where Mario enters a game like Minecraft, Steam or even SMBX!


Or Mario has to find Bowser's files and delete them!!!!


That would make for a cool boss fight. Or imagine if the final world if you leaving the computer entirely, and going onto Bowser's computer and having to fight him there!
Last edited by winonamac on Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 69 times in total.
Image

Hi There =D

What I'm working on

WORKING ON: Mario's Computer Adventure


User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4614
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Mah GFX Pack (Containing Sega Mega Drive style, PC Engine style, & 16-bit Monochrome GFXs)
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Mario's Computer Adventure

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu May 16, 2019 4:19 pm

If there's a level in this SMBX episode based off the 3-D Pinball: Space Cadet, then I'll 100% support this episode

User avatar
MarioLover64
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:09 pm

Re: Mario's Computer Adventure

Postby MarioLover64 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:50 pm

The download link just leads to a music file

User avatar
Scroll
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1528
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: I'm not a spoiler :v
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Mario's Computer Adventure

Postby Scroll » Thu May 16, 2019 6:45 pm

The concept is very cool, I'd play this but as MarioLover said, the demo link leads to a .mp3 file instead
Electriking wrote:Signatures are overrated.

User avatar
winonamac
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:12 pm
Flair: Hi =D
Current Project: Mario's Computer Adventure
Chat Username: Gameoe
Contact:

Re: Mario's Computer Adventure

Postby winonamac » Fri May 17, 2019 12:43 am

MarioLover64 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:50 pm
The download link just leads to a music file
Whoops wrong link I fixed it now

Added in 4 minutes 46 seconds:
Scroll wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:45 pm
The concept is very cool, I'd play this but as MarioLover said, the demo link leads to a .mp3 file instead
Woops! I fixed the link now =D

Added in 1 minute 7 seconds:
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:19 pm
If there's a level in this SMBX episode based off the 3-D Pinball: Space Cadet, then I'll 100% support this episode
Thanks for the idea!
going to make it a sub level
Image

Hi There =D

What I'm working on

WORKING ON: Mario's Computer Adventure


User avatar
Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2334
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: You know what they say, all toasters toast toast!
Current Project: trying new things
Chat Username: *practical

Re: Mario's Computer Adventure

Postby Rhosty » Fri May 17, 2019 12:49 am

It's really cool how you incorporated Windows into this episode...

User avatar
winonamac
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:12 pm
Flair: Hi =D
Current Project: Mario's Computer Adventure
Chat Username: Gameoe
Contact:

Re: Mario's Computer Adventure

Postby winonamac » Fri May 17, 2019 1:00 am

Eureka wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:49 am
It's really cool how you incorporated Windows into this episode...
Got the idea from a smw rom hack that someone stopped working on called Windows Mario World
Image

Hi There =D

What I'm working on

WORKING ON: Mario's Computer Adventure


User avatar
MegaDood
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Mario's Computer Adventure

Postby MegaDood » Fri May 17, 2019 9:08 pm

Oh wow neat idea! If I were to suggest anything, I think there should be a level based off either Windows Sudoku, or maybe a plot of trying to stop a dangerous virus. Just a few ideas.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
winonamac
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:12 pm
Flair: Hi =D
Current Project: Mario's Computer Adventure
Chat Username: Gameoe
Contact:

Re: Mario's Computer Adventure

Postby winonamac » Sat May 18, 2019 11:30 am

MegaDood wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:08 pm
Oh wow neat idea! If I were to suggest anything, I think there should be a level based off either Windows Sudoku, or maybe a plot of trying to stop a dangerous virus. Just a few ideas.
Thanks for the sub level idea! and the dangerous virus I could incorporate into one of my levels! thanks for the ideas! =D
Image

Hi There =D

What I'm working on

WORKING ON: Mario's Computer Adventure


User avatar
BenPlusSMB
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 10:04 pm
Flair: Time to get serious!
Current Project: DNB
Chat Username: Ben™
Contact:

Re: Mario's Computer Adventure

Postby BenPlusSMB » Sat May 18, 2019 2:43 pm

There needs to be some kind of reference to emulation somewhere.
Does this look like the face of mercy to you?
Image
Currently deciding what to put as my first status, even though this IS my first status.

User avatar
winonamac
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:12 pm
Flair: Hi =D
Current Project: Mario's Computer Adventure
Chat Username: Gameoe
Contact:

Re: Mario's Computer Adventure

Postby winonamac » Sat May 18, 2019 3:14 pm

BenPlusSMB wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 2:43 pm
There needs to be some kind of reference to emulation somewhere.
i'm already dong that
Image

Hi There =D

What I'm working on

WORKING ON: Mario's Computer Adventure


User avatar
MegaDood
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Mario's Computer Adventure

Postby MegaDood » Mon May 20, 2019 4:02 am

winonamac wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:30 am
MegaDood wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:08 pm
Oh wow neat idea! If I were to suggest anything, I think there should be a level based off either Windows Sudoku, or maybe a plot of trying to stop a dangerous virus. Just a few ideas.
Thanks for the sub level idea! and the dangerous virus I could incorporate into one of my levels! thanks for the ideas! =D
Another idea, maybe you could have a level where Mario accesses the SMBX forums, and stuff could happen there. Glad you liked my ideas.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Mario's Computer Adventure

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Wed May 22, 2019 9:49 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:19 pm
If there's a level in this SMBX episode based off the 3-D Pinball: Space Cadet, then I'll 100% support this episode
YESSSS XD i got the game on my windows 10
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
Working on: show
Image

A game with a classic selection of world styles, each having 5 levels to play!
Demo is out now! viewtopic.php?f=90&t=22538&p=336507#p336507

I support: show
Image

Image

Image

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Mario's Computer Adventure (0.3.1 almost done!)

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Wed May 22, 2019 9:56 am

Suggestion: Make Mario fight a boss that handles all of Windows' core files. Defeating the boss deletes those important files, and then sends Mario to a blue screen of death and he has to reinstall Windows (any version you want) and mean while has to fight enemies from blocking the progress bar!

One of the bosses attacks are error boxes that act like thwomps. Make sure the "TANG" sound effect plays when they appear.

Mario can use the start button as an elevator, to fight the boss

Hope you liked!
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
Working on: show
Image

A game with a classic selection of world styles, each having 5 levels to play!
Demo is out now! viewtopic.php?f=90&t=22538&p=336507#p336507

I support: show
Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Scroll
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1528
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: I'm not a spoiler :v
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Mario's Computer Adventure (0.3.1 almost done!)

Postby Scroll » Wed May 22, 2019 5:13 pm

What if you end the game with a crazy trojan effect destroying and corrupting everything at the speed of light
Electriking wrote:Signatures are overrated.

User avatar
Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2334
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: You know what they say, all toasters toast toast!
Current Project: trying new things
Chat Username: *practical

Re: Mario's Computer Adventure (0.3.1 almost done!)

Postby Rhosty » Wed May 22, 2019 5:22 pm

There should be a minesweeper level

User avatar
Scroll
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1528
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: I'm not a spoiler :v
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Mario's Computer Adventure (0.3.1 almost done!)

Postby Scroll » Wed May 22, 2019 5:24 pm

Rhosty wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:22 pm
There should be a minesweeper level
And a 3D Pinball level
Electriking wrote:Signatures are overrated.

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Mario's Computer Adventure (0.3.1 almost done!)

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Wed May 22, 2019 5:34 pm

Scroll wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:24 pm
Rhosty wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:22 pm
There should be a minesweeper level
And a 3D Pinball level
Thats been stated by FireyPaperMario (More specifically "3D Pinball: Space Cadet".)
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
Working on: show
Image

A game with a classic selection of world styles, each having 5 levels to play!
Demo is out now! viewtopic.php?f=90&t=22538&p=336507#p336507

I support: show
Image

Image

Image

User avatar
MegaDood
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Mario's Computer Adventure (0.3.1 almost done!)

Postby MegaDood » Wed May 22, 2019 5:47 pm

ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:56 am
Suggestion: Make Mario fight a boss that handles all of Windows' core files. Defeating the boss deletes those important files, and then sends Mario to a blue screen of death and he has to reinstall Windows (any version you want) and mean while has to fight enemies from blocking the progress bar!

One of the bosses attacks are error boxes that act like thwomps. Make sure the "TANG" sound effect plays when they appear.

Mario can use the start button as an elevator, to fight the boss

Hope you liked!
That's a neat idea, there can be so much done with it. Maybe blue screening and re-installing Windows can be like entering a different world, and different viruses could be like different world bosses.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Mario's Computer Adventure (0.3.1 almost done!)

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Wed May 22, 2019 7:19 pm

MegaDood wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:47 pm
ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:56 am
Suggestion: Make Mario fight a boss that handles all of Windows' core files. Defeating the boss deletes those important files, and then sends Mario to a blue screen of death and he has to reinstall Windows (any version you want) and mean while has to fight enemies from blocking the progress bar!

One of the bosses attacks are error boxes that act like thwomps. Make sure the "TANG" sound effect plays when they appear.

Mario can use the start button as an elevator, to fight the boss

Hope you liked!
That's a neat idea, there can be so much done with it. Maybe blue screening and re-installing Windows can be like entering a different world, and different viruses could be like different world bosses.
Good point. Also, a part could be that Mario fiddles with the upgrade system in windows and he upgrades to a newer OP, aka Windows 7 - 8.
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
Working on: show
Image

A game with a classic selection of world styles, each having 5 levels to play!
Demo is out now! viewtopic.php?f=90&t=22538&p=336507#p336507

I support: show
Image

Image

Image


Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest