Super Mario Star Scramble X - 38A Collaboration Project

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
Scroll
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: I'm not a spoiler :v
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Super Mario Star Scramble X - 38A Collaboration Project

Postby Scroll » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:58 pm

Image
Special thanks to AndrewPixel for the logo!

About: (last updated: 6/24/2019)
Some days ago I started along with some people a Discord server about Mario level making games in general, and we already got over 20 people so we decided to start a collaboration project in SMBX 38A with the purpose of making our small server community more popular, and to bring an experience based in the Super Mario Star Scramble fangame to SMBX. The main gimmick for this episode is exploring its levels to find collectables (like stars), which will be needed to access to further levels.

Story: (last updated: 6/24/2019)
It's Princess Daisy's birthday, so Mario goes to her castle along with Luigi and Peach with a really nice present for her, a giant star. Daisy was delighted with the present she has received, but her happiness didn't last much. Next morning, Bowser went to Daisy's castle along with the koopalings with their biggest airship, where they had a lot of bob-ombs to attack. The people in Sarasaland saw them arriving and inmediately went to the castle to try to save Daisy from the attacks, and they did. But the big and shiny star didn't stay safe. The koopalings took it to the airship along with lots of small stars more, and then they returned to the Bowser's castle. However, not too far from Sarasaland, a bob-omb got triggered and the whole airship exploded, then all of the stars got scattered to different planets, excepting the biggest one, luckily for Bowser. So it's up to Mario, Luigi and Peach to take them back to Daisy's castle!
(kinda similar to the one in my previous project Rosalina's Satellite, isn't it?)

How to contribute?: (last updated: 6/24/2019)
You should follow these "guidelines" in your level(s) if you want to contribute:
- Your level should be compatible with SMBX 38A/1.4. Scripting is allowed, but do not add a custom HUD to your level. You will be notified about any issues.
- The level should have 3 SMW stars in different places (read the "About" section).
- If the level contains dragon coins, it must have 5. I would also recommend to add coins with multiple values (like the one in Evening Heights' screenshot).
- Make sure your level is playable with Mario, Luigi and Peach.
- By submitting a level, you should agree that you will receive feedback about it and I will decide if the level should be included or not.
- By submitting a level, you should agree that the leaders will make a few changes to adjust it better to the episode.
- A feature pack (inspired by SLAM's "devkit") for the levels in this project might or might not be released. This isn't mandatory for every level, so if it comes out and you have submitted at least 1 level, don't worry about that.

Project members/contributors:
- Scroll - Project head, judge, 4 levels submitted
- AndrewPixel - Logo creator
- sammerbro - 2 levels submitted
- muzzymuskratt - 1 level submitted
- Inferno_Guy - 1 level submitted

Level list:
This is a list of the levels already submitted to the collab, including a screenshot of each one:
Colorful Gardens by Scroll
Spoiler: show
Image
Midnight Groove by Scroll
Spoiler: show
Image
Warm Sunset by Scroll
Spoiler: show
Image
Evening Heights by Scroll
Spoiler: show
Image
The system of the episode will be planned later, once there are enough levels. So for now, I will let you choose. Should we make a worldmap? Or a hub? Tell your thoughts below.

Support this project!
To not miss anything about the project, I encourage you to join The Maker's Place, a Discord server about Mario level making games and level sharing: https://discord.gg/rrmjdnn
Support code for forum signatures:

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=24164][img]https://i.imgur.com/xobZFgg.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by Scroll on Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Electriking wrote:Signatures are overrated.

User avatar
sammerbro
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:53 am
Flair: playing and making SMBX stuff
Current Project: Sam Lev Boss Rush 5
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Star Scramble X - 38A Collaboration Project

Postby sammerbro » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:10 am

I would like a World Map, so any exit can be used to end levels.
Also, I'm working on my own levels for this. Since I like boss battles, do not be surprised if at least 1 level has a boss. When people submit, where do they have to make their submission? I would like to know for when I submit.
Image
Image

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6064
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Star Scramble X - 38A Collaboration Project

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:10 am

The outline on a few of the clouds in Evening Heights seems to be a tad off. I do like Midnight Stroll's setup with the Hammer Brother however.
sammerbro wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:10 am
I would like a World Map, so any exit can be used to end levels.
Also, I'm working on my own levels for this. Since I like boss battles, do not be surprised if at least 1 level has a boss. When people submit, where do they have to make their submission? I would like to know for when I submit.
About this; I agree with the world map portion of this. I will not be making levels of this though due to the engine it requires though. About submission, I am willing to bet you just DM Scroll on Discord or PM her/him on the SMBX forums.
List of People that can pronounce "Vilzriquathtor Seian" (Role Play): show
[b][i][center][size=125] Fusion best t ... .gif[/img]
Image
List of Animés I have watched.
Image
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
My episode is Image done!
Image

CC12: 30π% done
My hardest level beaten!
Spoiler: show

Support
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Contests I am in right now
Spoiler: show
•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest


Image

User avatar
LGLMAKING
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:28 am
Flair: B ready, MK7, Imma hack you soon!!!
Current Project: See 'Flair'

Re: Super Mario Star Scramble X - 38A Collaboration Project

Postby LGLMAKING » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:04 am

Scroll, you should consider that I was talking with Eri7 about adding this episode idea to his Novaverse. But alright, then two Star Scrambling projects. This collab be more something of it's own and my project would be more true to the Star Scramble series.
And you took a part of the story from Rosalina's Satellite.

And I'm going to re-use that king Kaliente boss for the collab, since it fits more with this than with my Star Scramble X
Collab leader of:
Image

I support
Image
Image

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4209
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Super Mario Star Scramble X - 38A Collaboration Project

Postby Cedur » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:13 pm

fyi the novaverse is expanding too much in such a short time; it almost feels like people try to get their project in there just for the sake of prestige
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7209
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Super Mario Star Scramble X - 38A Collaboration Project

Postby Enjl » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:19 pm

Cedur wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:13 pm
fyi the novaverse is expanding too much in such a short time; it almost feels like people try to get their project in there just for the sake of prestige
selling your ideas into an existing framework never really made sense to me... seeing only one "universe" around in form of the novaverse is much less exciting to me than if there were countless individual settings and universes where everyone's ideas can flourish.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Scroll
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: I'm not a spoiler :v
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Star Scramble X - 38A Collaboration Project

Postby Scroll » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:48 pm

sammerbro wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:10 am
I would like a World Map, so any exit can be used to end levels.
Also, I'm working on my own levels for this. Since I like boss battles, do not be surprised if at least 1 level has a boss. When people submit, where do they have to make their submission? I would like to know for when I submit.
Thank you for your opinion. And yes, as MECHDRAGON777 said, you can send me your levels privately.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote: The outline on a few of the clouds in Evening Heights seems to be a tad off. I do like Midnight Stroll's setup with the Hammer Brother however.
sammerbro wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:10 am
I would like a World Map, so any exit can be used to end levels.
Also, I'm working on my own levels for this. Since I like boss battles, do not be surprised if at least 1 level has a boss. When people submit, where do they have to make their submission? I would like to know for when I submit.
About this; I agree with the world map portion of this. I will not be making levels of this though due to the engine it requires though. About submission, I am willing to bet you just DM Scroll on Discord or PM her/him on the SMBX forums.
Thanks for the feedback, I will try to fix that.

Also it's him lol
LGLMAKING wrote: Scroll, you should consider that I was talking with Eri7 about adding this episode idea to his Novaverse. But alright, then two Star Scrambling projects. This collab be more something of it's own and my project would be more true to the Star Scramble series.
And you took a part of the story from Rosalina's Satellite.

And I'm going to re-use that king Kaliente boss for the collab, since it fits more with this than with my Star Scramble X
We might add this to it once we have more progress - it's Eri's decision anyways. Also, what if we merge both projects? As I said in the topic, I try to make this episode to have a SMSS inspired experience
Electriking wrote:Signatures are overrated.

User avatar
sammerbro
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:53 am
Flair: playing and making SMBX stuff
Current Project: Sam Lev Boss Rush 5
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Star Scramble X - 38A Collaboration Project

Postby sammerbro » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:56 pm

Scroll wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:48 pm
sammerbro wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:10 am
I would like a World Map, so any exit can be used to end levels.
Also, I'm working on my own levels for this. Since I like boss battles, do not be surprised if at least 1 level has a boss. When people submit, where do they have to make their submission? I would like to know for when I submit.
Thank you for your opinion. And yes, as MECHDRAGON777 said, you can send me your levels privately.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote: The outline on a few of the clouds in Evening Heights seems to be a tad off. I do like Midnight Stroll's setup with the Hammer Brother however.
sammerbro wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:10 am
I would like a World Map, so any exit can be used to end levels.
Also, I'm working on my own levels for this. Since I like boss battles, do not be surprised if at least 1 level has a boss. When people submit, where do they have to make their submission? I would like to know for when I submit.
About this; I agree with the world map portion of this. I will not be making levels of this though due to the engine it requires though. About submission, I am willing to bet you just DM Scroll on Discord or PM her/him on the SMBX forums.
Thanks for the feedback, I will try to fix that.

Also it's him lol
LGLMAKING wrote: Scroll, you should consider that I was talking with Eri7 about adding this episode idea to his Novaverse. But alright, then two Star Scrambling projects. This collab be more something of it's own and my project would be more true to the Star Scramble series.
And you took a part of the story from Rosalina's Satellite.

And I'm going to re-use that king Kaliente boss for the collab, since it fits more with this than with my Star Scramble X
We might add this to it once we have more progress - it's Eri's decision anyways. Also, what if we merge both projects? As I said in the topic, I try to make this episode to have a SMSS inspired experience
Great, I'll submit my level "Gray Temple" via sending a PM to you
Image
Image

User avatar
LGLMAKING
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:28 am
Flair: B ready, MK7, Imma hack you soon!!!
Current Project: See 'Flair'

Re: Super Mario Star Scramble X - 38A Collaboration Project

Postby LGLMAKING » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:26 am

Scroll wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:48 pm
sammerbro wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:10 am
I would like a World Map, so any exit can be used to end levels.
Also, I'm working on my own levels for this. Since I like boss battles, do not be surprised if at least 1 level has a boss. When people submit, where do they have to make their submission? I would like to know for when I submit.
Thank you for your opinion. And yes, as MECHDRAGON777 said, you can send me your levels privately.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote: The outline on a few of the clouds in Evening Heights seems to be a tad off. I do like Midnight Stroll's setup with the Hammer Brother however.
sammerbro wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:10 am
I would like a World Map, so any exit can be used to end levels.
Also, I'm working on my own levels for this. Since I like boss battles, do not be surprised if at least 1 level has a boss. When people submit, where do they have to make their submission? I would like to know for when I submit.
About this; I agree with the world map portion of this. I will not be making levels of this though due to the engine it requires though. About submission, I am willing to bet you just DM Scroll on Discord or PM her/him on the SMBX forums.
Thanks for the feedback, I will try to fix that.

Also it's him lol
LGLMAKING wrote: Scroll, you should consider that I was talking with Eri7 about adding this episode idea to his Novaverse. But alright, then two Star Scrambling projects. This collab be more something of it's own and my project would be more true to the Star Scramble series.
And you took a part of the story from Rosalina's Satellite.

And I'm going to re-use that king Kaliente boss for the collab, since it fits more with this than with my Star Scramble X
We might add this to it once we have more progress - it's Eri's decision anyways. Also, what if we merge both projects? As I said in the topic, I try to make this episode to have a SMSS inspired experience
It was my decision to add it to the Novaverse
sammerbro wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:10 am
I would like a World Map, so any exit can be used to end levels.
Also, I'm working on my own levels for this. Since I like boss battles, do not be surprised if at least 1 level has a boss. When people submit, where do they have to make their submission? I would like to know for when I submit.
Don't worry, Sammerbro. There will be bosses ;)
Collab leader of:
Image

I support
Image
Image

User avatar
Scroll
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: I'm not a spoiler :v
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Star Scramble X - 38A Collaboration Project

Postby Scroll » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:19 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:10 am
I will not be making levels of this though due to the engine it requires though.
Forgot to tell you this; you can send me a level made in 1.3, and I can convert it to 38A format and add it to the collab.
Electriking wrote:Signatures are overrated.

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6064
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Star Scramble X - 38A Collaboration Project

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:24 pm

Scroll wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:19 am
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:10 am
I will not be making levels of this though due to the engine it requires though.
Forgot to tell you this; you can send me a level made in 1.3, and I can convert it to 38A format and add it to the collab.
My 1.3 levels do not work in 5438A38A. I tried to beat Icy Mix (A Kaizo level made in 1.3) and could not do any of it.
List of People that can pronounce "Vilzriquathtor Seian" (Role Play): show
[b][i][center][size=125] Fusion best t ... .gif[/img]
Image
List of Animés I have watched.
Image
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
My episode is Image done!
Image

CC12: 30π% done
My hardest level beaten!
Spoiler: show

Support
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Contests I am in right now
Spoiler: show
•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest


Image

User avatar
MegaDood
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1111
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Super Mario Star Scramble X - 38A Collaboration Project

Postby MegaDood » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:15 am

So you're able to convert a 1.3 level into a 38A level? That'd be cool.
Is there any due date to submit our levels to you?
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4209
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Super Mario Star Scramble X - 38A Collaboration Project

Postby Cedur » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:23 am

MegaDood wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:15 am
So you're able to convert a 1.3 level into a 38A level? That'd be cool

Keep in mind you can't convert it back then. Make a backup copy first. Also according to hearsay it may not be 100% reliable.
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
LGLMAKING
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:28 am
Flair: B ready, MK7, Imma hack you soon!!!
Current Project: See 'Flair'

Re: Super Mario Star Scramble X - 38A Collaboration Project

Postby LGLMAKING » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:42 am

Cedur wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:23 am
MegaDood wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:15 am
So you're able to convert a 1.3 level into a 38A level? That'd be cool

Keep in mind you can't convert it back then. Make a backup copy first. Also according to hearsay it may not be 100% reliable.
I use the function mainly to convert gif's into png's

You can use this. I recommend you playtest it for bugs and fix little things before putting your conversion online
Collab leader of:
Image

I support
Image
Image

User avatar
Scroll
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: I'm not a spoiler :v
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Star Scramble X - 38A Collaboration Project

Postby Scroll » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:31 am

Oh wow, I wasn't aware of these replies here because of receiving a lot of notifications for subscribing to the forums and then never reading them... My bad
MegaDood wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:15 am
So you're able to convert a 1.3 level into a 38A level? That'd be cool.
Is there any due date to submit our levels to you?
So far there's no a deadline. And you don't need to convert it to 38A, just send me a level made in 1.3 and I'll do the rest.

Added in 28 minutes 58 seconds:
Just made a small change to the thread. Due to some confusion with another project, the shine sprites have been replaced by stars.

Also, since what the leaders can do isn't too far from what other contributors can do, I added a project members list with all of the people that has contributed with the project.

More level screenshots coming soon!
Electriking wrote:Signatures are overrated.

User avatar
Inferno_Guy
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:52 am
Flair: Bandana Dee for SSBU DLC!
Current Project: Mega Man Assault
Chat Username: Inferno_Guy
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Star Scramble X - 38A Collaboration Project

Postby Inferno_Guy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:30 am

Glad to have submitted a level! Except it was a tedious one. And might cause rage, I'm going to submit another just for that >.<
SMBX and Pokemon Youtuber, and I quote myself as the "Lord of Waddle Dees." (Not sure why tbh...)

Join my Discord server: Image

Image Image
Image Image

Participant in:
Image

Check out my custom levels!
Image

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Super Mario Star Scramble X - 38A Collaboration Project

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:26 pm

...a bomb-omb got TRIGGERED
XD
Sorry, I had to

ALSO, looks great! Reminds me of a certain flash game ;)
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
Working on: show
Image

A game with a classic selection of world styles, each having 5 levels to play!
Demo is out now! viewtopic.php?f=90&t=22538&p=336507#p336507

I support: show
Image

Image

Image


Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests