New Super Mario Bros. U (X)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
MrSanic
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Flair: oh wow
Current Project: New Super Mario Bros. U (X)
Chat Username: mrsanix

New Super Mario Bros. U (X)

Postby MrSanic » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:55 pm

hey! this is my first time making a serious SMBX project.

as you can see on the title, i'm (trying) to make a SMBX version of NSMBU. at the moment, there is no playable demo, because 1. i'm struggling to make the world maps,
2. i'm trying my best to create custom levels. and 3. i've managed to make a lot of folders for sounds, level layouts, and the credits for the graphics packs i've used. i remade most of the NSMBU soundtrack using FL Studio, and for the SFXs, i used Super Mario Maker's NSMBU theme sounds.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the only things that (at the moment) are complete, is the Acorn Plains overworld and map theme, and the snow version of it.

Acorn Plains 1-3:

Frosted Glacier 1-1

the overworld theme (made by me) here:

https://picosong.com/wKxgR

snow overworld (also by me):

https://picosong.com/wKxgj

acorn plains map theme (meeee):

https://picosong.com/wKxgu
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so, sorry if it is too long, but i would love to see and share thoughts. any help or opinion is accepted.
also sorry for any grammar mistakes, i'm brazillian. this project might receive a demo version in september or earlier.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: New Super Mario Bros. U (X)

Postby Cedur » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:46 am

MrSanic wrote:sorry if it is too long

if anything your post is too short. Have you looked at the screenshot-per-world rule? If you show screens of two different worlds, what's your current project? (keep up to it)
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

MrSanic
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby MrSanic » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:58 pm

Cedur wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:46 am

if anything your post is too short. Have you looked at the screenshot-per-world rule? If you show screens of two different worlds, what's your current project? (keep up to it)
oh sorry xD, well, I'm trying to make a remake of NSMBU in SMBX, sort of a complete remake. and I did not get too used to the SMBX2 editor, it's confusing lmao

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:03 pm

MrSanic wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:58 pm
Cedur wrote:

oh sorry xD, well, I'm trying to make a remake of NSMBU in SMBX, sort of a complete remake. and I did not get too used to the SMBX2 editor, it's confusing lmao
Can you please 'elaborate' Mr. Sanic? As to why the editor is so 'confusing' and unintuitive?

MrSanic
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby MrSanic » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:25 pm

Westretroman wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:03 pm
MrSanic wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:58 pm
Cedur wrote:

Can you please 'elaborate' Mr. Sanic? As to why the editor is so 'confusing' and unintuitive?
oh, like, i use the legacy editor since it came out, i got used to it, and when SMBX2 was released, i got pretty excited, but i liked the editor i just don't know how to use it lol, maybe i'll try to use it as my default editor.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:31 pm

MrSanic wrote:oh, like, i use the legacy editor since it came out, i got used to it, and when SMBX2 was released, i got pretty excited, but i liked the editor i just don't know how to use it lol, maybe i'll try to use it as my default editor.

PGE/X2 is definitely the go-to. The icons show you their meanings when you hover over them (unlike 1.4 *cough*), the functionalities are the same (and more), just with a cleaner layout and more user-friendly. There's a sticky thread in Help & Support which you should read.

In X2 you'll be able to implement walljump, a timer and NSMBU's power-down system (fire to big), which would all not be possible in 1.3.

I'm looking forward to a project of remaking NSMBU!
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

MrSanic
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby MrSanic » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:48 pm

Cedur wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:31 pm
MrSanic wrote:oh, like, i use the legacy editor since it came out, i got used to it, and when SMBX2 was released, i got pretty excited, but i liked the editor i just don't know how to use it lol, maybe i'll try to use it as my default editor.
yes!! i saw it. but like i said, i messed up everything lol so i'll definitely use it. I'm going to spend the day getting used to it

PGE/X2 is definitely the go-to. The icons show you their meanings when you hover over them (unlike 1.4 *cough*), the functionalities are the same (and more), just with a cleaner layout and more user-friendly. There's a sticky thread in Help & Support which you should read.

In X2 you'll be able to implement walljump, a timer and NSMBU's power-down system (fire to big), which would all not be possible in 1.3.

I'm looking forward to a project of remaking NSMBU!
yes!! i saw it. but like i said, i messed up everything lol so i'll definitely use it. I'm going to spend the day getting used to it

MrSanic
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby MrSanic » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:12 am

guys, just a quick question, how do you set up the timer in SMBX2? i'm almost finishing the levels just need to add the timer. thanks

MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Postby MegaDood » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:43 am

I personally am not experienced in using LunaLua, but the Codehaus Discord should be able to help you. If you would like to find it, here's a link.
viewtopic.php?t=16432
My Project:
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Return to “Projects”