Missing features bros. [Demo out]

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Henshinger
Goomba
Goomba

Missing features bros. [Demo out]

Postby Henshinger » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:47 pm

Hello, I am currently making a SMBX espisode that in concept is based on of the areas from DLC Quest. Anyway, my current plan for this episode is to make 1 world with about 6 or 7 levels with more being possible to be added if the people who download these episodes want more levels.

Now: the story.
Spoiler: show
After saving Princess Peach for the 2nd time, Mario went to work as a plumber until he is summoned to Princess Peach's castle by Toad, who said that she teleported. After hearing this, Mario went to Bowser's castle, thinking that he had stole princess Peach for the 3rd time. However, after beating Bowser for the 3rd time, Bowser revealed that he was in the second stage of developing his plan for his third kidnapping of Princess Peach when Mario invaded his castle. At that point, the entity of Bowser's castle disappear as if erased from existence. As Mario fell to the ground, two questions ran in his mind:Who kidnapped princess peach and Why are everything disappearing from the world.

The story is written as if the events are taking place between both Super Mario Bros. 2s. I'll add a 3-level demo soon. Please tell me what I should change to make my post better Screenshots are in the order of when the levels were created.

Screenshots:

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/m7i3fi30 ... s.zip/file
note: Windows Defender thinks that the exe that I provided is harmful, so be a bit careful with this. if the Windows Defender is correct, delete that files that are not for the actual episode and replace it with another version of SMBX 1.4.

edit: Here's a fix for the episode file:https://www.mediafire.com/file/g700qk5s ... x.zip/file
Last edited by Henshinger on Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Missing features bros.

Postby Cedur » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:49 pm

Henshinger wrote:Please tell me what I should change to make my post better.

make it at a later time so you can show better proof of existence, i.e. more than just one very bare screenshot.

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Henshinger
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Henshinger » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:08 pm

Cedur wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:49 pm
Henshinger wrote:Please tell me what I should change to make my post better.

make it at a later time so you can show better proof of existence, i.e. more than just one very bare screenshot.
OK. How many more screenshots should I had put up and where should I upload the demo to?

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:24 pm

I hope you have a couple of levels finished.

Strictly speaking, you'd need as many as the amount of worlds you're planning. If said amount is unclear then I'd just suggest one screenshot per level.

It would be good if you have already some levels done so you can show them off.

Don't be surprised if a staff member sees this thread and decides to lock / delete it as it's not following the rules yet.

Also, common upload hosts are Mediafire, MEGA and Google Drive

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Henshinger
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Henshinger » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:33 pm

Cedur wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:24 pm
I hope you have a couple of levels finished.

Strictly speaking, you'd need as many as the amount of worlds you're planning. If said amount is unclear then I'd just suggest one screenshot per level.

It would be good if you have already some levels done so you can show them off.

Don't be surprised if a staff member sees this thread and decides to lock / delete it as it's not following the rules yet.

Also, common upload hosts are Mediafire, MEGA and Google Drive
OK. And I believe, if what I keep reading on these forms is accurate, I should keep the downloads far away from any spoiler sections.

Added in 23 minutes 27 seconds:
Re: Missing features bros. [Demo out]
Demo has been upload. OP updated with download link.

Teemster2
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Re: Missing features bros. [Demo out]

Postby Teemster2 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:55 am

He said the screen shots are bare. It looks as if the levels were created in ten minutes with no scenery or back ground aka bgo used.

Is this on purpose?

People like to see those extra details or at least I do. Makes the level more polished or as the saying goes more like a polished stone.

Also why only the beginning screen shots? Sounds like you have not finished any levels yet? Why only a small number of levels? I'm just curious.

Added in 2 minutes 16 seconds:
I see a demo was uploaded. That answered some questions of mine.

I still recommend bgo. Nobody would visit Yellowstone park here in America if it was just ugly bare rock. I hope that advice helps you out.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Return to “Projects”