Bowser's Last Attempt [Redesigned Post]

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
SPEEDIE
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: Ninji ♥
Current Project: Bowser's Last Attempt
Chat Username: SPEEDIE

Re: Bowser's Last Attempt [SMBX 2.0 PAL Episode] [Formerly Mario's Massive Adventure]

Postby SPEEDIE » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:42 pm

Enjl wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:43 am
Teemster2 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:21 pm
I know this is late but they added dummy slots. Did you use all of those slots up?
This is bad advice. There is no world map custom range yet. Anyone using the dummy slots might run into issues in the future (even when Beta 4 is out, which is the first version under which releasing this wouldn't already cause issues for you).
Sorry for not replying! I have been working on the episode, just not been on the forums, thanks for giving advice, I never used them in the first place, I think I will go for making one tile of the entire map and then continue on it.
Your goals aren't always reached, that's why they are goals. :)

Current Projects
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=24794
Finished Projects
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=23060
Please do not check this terrible piece of garbage out But you can if you want to bother me :oops:

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Bowser's Last Attempt [SMBX 2.0 PAL Episode] [Formerly Mario's Massive Adventure]

Postby Cedur » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:15 am

SPEEDIE wrote:ping
Cedur wrote:Ok so looking at your signature, I'd like to ask: How many people are you? Do you have ties to rpgmaker.net?

I'd like to join your discord but the link is invalid.

still waiting for an answer on this
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

SPEEDIE
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: Ninji ♥
Current Project: Bowser's Last Attempt
Chat Username: SPEEDIE

Re: DEMO AVAILABLE NOW!! Bowser's Last Attempt [SMBX 2.0 PAL Episode]

Postby SPEEDIE » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:24 pm

SPEEDIE wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:47 am
Bowser's Last Attempt [Formerly Mario's Massive Adventure]

DEMO IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR SMBX2 PAL!

Make sure to download the episode while you can, as it will be removed sometime in December!

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k201a01sro4cq ... o.zip?dl=1

Make sure you use the correct SMBX version!
Your goals aren't always reached, that's why they are goals. :)

Current Projects
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=24794
Finished Projects
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=23060
Please do not check this terrible piece of garbage out But you can if you want to bother me :oops:

BroccoliRampage
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Flair: Moop!
Current Project: Luigi's Odyssey (SMBX2), various test levels

Postby BroccoliRampage » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:41 pm

Electriking wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:25 pm
If tiles are the problem, then take a screenshot of your map (or parts of your map), rename them to 'tile-[number here]' and put the following code into your episode's map.lua file:
for i=1, 36 do
if i ~= 14 then
local s = Graphics.loadImage("tile-" .. i .. ".png") --why does graphics.sprites not work for this...?
for k,v in pairs(Tile.get(i)) do
v.width = s.width
v.height = s.height
end
end
end
This code was written by Enjl for the Level Contest Japan episode, which used big tiles. This code will automatically resize a map tile to the size of the image. 'for i=1, 36 do' makes the code work for tiles 1 through 36. Change these numbers to change which tiles this code works for. 'if i ~= 14 then' makes the code not work for tile 14. The code does not work for for animated tiles, so any animated tiles will need to be excluded from the code.

If scenery is an issue, then you can do the same thing for tiles and have any non-animated scenery not intersecting with paths become part of the big tile(s). Otherwise try to find places where sceneries can be removed.

If paths are a problem, then they are probably too long and will annoy players. Try making them shorter.

If levels are a problem, then do you really think you will be able to make 400+ levels for your project?

If the solve all the issues caused by technical limitations are solved, then the biggest limitation will be the working ideas that your (or your team) are able to come up with.
I have literally been working on this for HOURS and no matter what I do, the size of the tile will not change.

This is my code, for resizing custome tile 329, saved to file map.lua in the main folder.
-----------------
for i=329 do
if i ~= 14 then
local s = Graphics.loadImage("tile-" .. i .. ".png") --why does graphics.sprites not work for this...?
for k,v in pairs(Tile.get(i)) do
v.width = s.width
v.height = s.height
end
end
end
----------------
The graphic itself is replaced correctly, I can see one corner of it in a 32x32 square only. This is driving me crazy, I've created a nice world map to use & this simply does not work! Help!

Edit: Thought I had it figured out by replacing tile-15 instead, however, turns out that it's still just occupying tile 15's default space. Cannot get this code to make any difference whatsoever. It shows up perfectly in the map editor, but when it comes to gameplay testing, it's back to its default size.

Edit: PFFT...I tried just manually changing the height and width in this code and it worked. Ah dunno. I did notice, it doesn't work at all for custom tiles you HAVE to replace one of the existing tiles (I used 15). Leaving this up here in case someone else finds it helpful.

Return to “Projects”