[WIP] Waluigi's Taco Stand/Project: Taco Stand - the Restaurant Simulator!

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Inferno_Guy
Rex
Rex
Flair: Bandana Dee for SSBU DLC!

[WIP] Waluigi's Taco Stand/Project: Taco Stand - the Restaurant Simulator!

Postby Inferno_Guy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:48 am

Hola chicas and chicos! A restaurant simulator in SMBX 2.0? Yes indeed! This might be a huge first for this type of thing to come out for SMBX! And whats perfect to have the theme go around the internet joke Waluigi's Taco Stand? The guy seriously needs the attention he deserves, and there is not a lot of SMBX episodes that exist with him being the main character, so lets make a huge step! This project has been in secret development going back to January (last time I checked), and we made a decent amount of progress and a finished community discord server for this project's development! Now lets go over what this episode contains and offers! The first demo we want to launch is a playable story mode campaign then go off with other releases of the projects from there!

Plot!
Waluigi's Taco Stand is a SMBX 2.0 (BETA 4) project that takes the place of a restaurant simulator. Based of Kaze Emanuar's SM64 rom hack. But exclude the platforming. Waluigi opens up his own taco restaurant, but lacks knowledge on running such thing! Waluigi must survive a month of trying to run it and not go bankrupt!

Game modes!
Story mode - the main attraction of the project! You start with a cutscene of Waluigi opening up his taco stand and cut to his low budget Mushroom Kingdom apartment he owns himself! And you have to head to your restaurant and start your shift (each shift is 3 minutes tops)! And customers come in and you must take their orders using the stove you have in the kitchen! Customers come in 5 types! Some might have basic others, and some might be picky! At the end of the shift, you must use your earnings to pay for ingredients for the next days shift! Purchasing a ingredient will replenish them back to full stock and have a depending cost on what you're buying. You also recieve a performance rank, the better it is, the better your rank in performance is! Running out of coins make you go bankrupt.
Battle mode - a sub mode that is planned to come out after the demo launch of this project! You must fight Wario in a taco making duel with 3 set AI difficulties you can select at your own convenience!
(more might be coming soon perhaps)

Customer types!
Basic customers - these folks give a basic amount of pay and simple of the bunch,
Meh - these guys don't care about their orders and give less pay than basic customers, but they're easy to handle!
Cashy - these guys have a lot of money in their pockets! Make their orders in time to make the pay day!
Indecisive - uh oh, these folks are really picky and a temper! Serve them in a good amount of time to get paid! They pay a little less than cashy customers.
Special customers - from Mario to Luigi and so on! These guys are an uncommon walk in to get, but they pay a little more than the 4 customer types and are effected by them! (Example, Mario is basic, but pays a little more in cash than what a basic customer would originally give you)

Footage! (THINGS THAT APPEAR HERE ARE IN HEAVILY DEVELOPMENT, AND ARE SUBJECTED TO BE CHANGED)
Spoiler: show
Waluigi's apartment!
The kitchen...
Customers coming in!
CREDITS COMING SOON!

Discord!
Wanna follow this projects development and interact with its humble community? Well we'd love to have you come on by! (just click on the Waluigi thing below)
Last edited by Inferno_Guy on Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Join my Discord server (Project: Taco Stand) and join the Novaverse to follow the progress of my project: Mario and the Wrath of Dimentio!
The best projects I support:

Check out my custom levels!

Check out my projects!

TiopTcz
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: Nothing Here

Re: [WIP] Waluigi's Taco Stand/Project: Taco Stand - the Restaurant Simulator!

Postby TiopTcz » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:29 pm

OK This is an amazing Idea and it looks amazing too from the screenshots/gifs. And I'm really excited about this project.

My Projects

What I support :

Hatsune Blake
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Hatsune Blake » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:40 pm

I absolutely love simulator games. Very excited to see how this turns out!
Check out my custom GFX pack!
The two logos below are made by FyreNova, the one true Nova.

Please check out my levels!
My up and coming project:

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:38 pm

I may not have the best experience in SIMS* during my gaming life, but I like how it's a original idea for a SMBX episode! ^^"

*I only played Sims City 4 Deluxe (and suck at it) and The Sims 2..... :roll:
(Coming soon in 82 days from today: Sega Mega Drive GFX pack)
Mario RPG goals (62% of the goals completed)
My Pixiv
I'm autistic & have ADHD

LGLMAKING
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: There's always another secret.

Postby LGLMAKING » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:26 am

wah

This post was made by the Taco Stand betatester gang
"I am incredibly lucky I know you and im glad I gave you a chance to be a part of this" -Eri7
"I'm going to call these Janksqueaks from now on." -Clearman06
New producer of the Novaverse, after Eri7's departure from the community.

IceFlower99
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby IceFlower99 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:56 pm

I love how people still remember the meme of Waluigi's Tacostand, and I also love the creativity of the idea :3

UnoffThrower
Spiny
Spiny

Postby UnoffThrower » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:59 pm

Interesting idea, will be sure to check it out once it releases.

Inferno_Guy
Rex
Rex
Flair: Bandana Dee for SSBU DLC!

Re: [Discord fixed!] Waluigi's Taco Stand/Project: Taco Stand - the Restaurant Simulator!

Postby Inferno_Guy » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:10 pm

Woops! It seems I messed up the Discord invite. If you clicked on the Waluigi, it would send you the project topic, but its now fixed to where it directs you to the community server for my project, sorry! Support banner coming soon.
Image Image

Join my Discord server (Project: Taco Stand) and join the Novaverse to follow the progress of my project: Mario and the Wrath of Dimentio!
The best projects I support:

Check out my custom levels!

Check out my projects!

Smibbix
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Smibbix » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:23 pm

This looks hilarious and amazing. Looks like you've got some neat lua going on, too.
ah

I Support:
Everything I supported got cancelled
Great Quotes:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote: These used other people levels withouth their permission? I don't know if it's wrong if the big heads of the forums make it
Enjl wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:27 am
The only palette people care about is the SMB3 palette.
smbx GaMERDoG wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 am
These tomatoes weren't debugged properly!

Return to “Projects”