I think it's safe to say...

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
-Is the suggestion you're making aimed toward the improvement of the site or something you just want to be added as a personal preference?
Eri7
Banned
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby Eri7 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:58 am

Electriking wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:01 am
Jashthefuntime wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:31 am
Knux wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:59 pm
That the SMBX community is in its final years. People have been saying this for years, and weirdly enough I think in 2016 the activity peaked quite drastically. Surely I'm not the only one who has noticed the total lack of replies in a LOT of threads, and the absences of many notable community figures...what happened? Did we just run our course? I suppose next year marks a full decade of our existence, but it's quite a shame to see this place not thriving like it once was.
I kinda lost interest in SMBX because maybe it needs something really big for attract more people
That is called SMBX2 beta 4. It is coming out soon.
"Soon" could mean from 2-3 months up to a year, we don't know how "soon" will it actually come out.

Jashthefuntime
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Chat Username: ???

Postby Jashthefuntime » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:09 am

Electriking wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:01 am
Jashthefuntime wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:31 am
Knux wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:59 pm
That the SMBX community is in its final years. People have been saying this for years, and weirdly enough I think in 2016 the activity peaked quite drastically. Surely I'm not the only one who has noticed the total lack of replies in a LOT of threads, and the absences of many notable community figures...what happened? Did we just run our course? I suppose next year marks a full decade of our existence, but it's quite a shame to see this place not thriving like it once was.
I kinda lost interest in SMBX because maybe it needs something really big for attract more people
That is called SMBX2 beta 4. It is coming out soon.
oh yes,i know about that,i've read the update blog of beta 4,onestly there are so many things that shocked me!Like the transparent pipes,the animation/camera thing...it has a lot of potentials
Image Image

Lord Nagaviper
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: Give me a job

Postby Lord Nagaviper » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:08 am

I feel like most people have just been really busy with a lot of stuff in life (myself included)
[insert funny IRC message here]
[insert banners here]
[insert random gif here]
[insert inspirational quote here]

LGLMAKING
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: B ready, MK7, Imma hack you soon!!!
Current Project: See 'Flair'

Postby LGLMAKING » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:26 am

I cannot judge. I joined as of June. I am way to new to say a thing about this community except that people should stop using Vanilla Bosses and instead should get creative with layers or scripting.
Collab leader of:

I support

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:45 am

You know we've been saying this community will die within the next year or two for like, the last 5 or 6 years. And it never does. I think we're better off not making expectations because this community continues to subvert all the negative outlooks & expectations most of the oldies like myself have expressed.
Electriking wrote: TBH if you are not on the Discord server, then I don't think you are qualified to speak about the state of the community. Forum posts don't say everything about the activity of the community.
I'm offended. >:C
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:29 am

TLtimelord wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:45 am
Electriking wrote: TBH if you are not on the Discord server, then I don't think you are qualified to speak about the state of the community. Forum posts don't say everything about the activity of the community.
Me too! How come Electriking gets to decide who gets to speak the state of the community?!?

Eri7
Banned
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)

Postby Eri7 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:05 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:29 am
TLtimelord wrote:
Me too! How come Electriking gets to decide who gets to speak the state of the community?!?
Being offended because of that is dumb in my opinion considering 90% of the activity of our community, or maybe 95% is on discord and the rest is on the forums.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:24 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:29 am
TLtimelord wrote:
I don't think he's doing that at all, he's just sharing his thoughts. You're blowing it way out of proportion. Also I doubt TNT is actually offended

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:59 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:24 am
Also I doubt TNT is actually offended
This. I don't get offended that easily lmao
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Postby MegaDood » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:18 pm

Maybe 1.3's community is nearly all gone, but the reason for a lot of lack of activity would probably be just life stuff. I mean, I was absent for a long time too. Anyway, with Beta 4 coming out for SMBX 2.0, I feel like it might create a resurgence in community activity. I hope it does at least. With all the features in Beta 4 and interactions, maybe we'll get some really interesting threads.
My Project:
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:33 am

MegaDood wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:18 pm
Maybe 1.3's community is nearly all gone, but the reason for a lot of lack of activity would probably be just life stuff. I mean, I was absent for a long time too. Anyway, with Beta 4 coming out for SMBX 2.0, I feel like it might create a resurgence in community activity. I hope it does at least. With all the features in Beta 4 and interactions, maybe we'll get some really interesting threads.
The reason for the loss of activity in the forum is that most communications that would happen on the forum is better fit on live chatting services like Discord, so activity is moving to Discord. This is why you now have to be in multiple Discord servers (the main SMBX server and Codehaus are definitely a must) to see the full scope of the community.

Only the GFX, Levels and Episodes forum would still be better suited for forum communication over live chatting. Everything else, it is normally faster to get replies if you use live chatting than using a forum, because of how each work.

Added in 3 minutes 9 seconds:
Also the reduction of activity on the forum and the increased activity on Discord means that more people will move over and change what they predominantly use to communicate.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:39 am

One of the causes of reduced activity that's worth noting stems from the splitting of the community after SMBX2 and 38A both being released which caused a major divide in the community that hasn't been resolved

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:01 am

PixelPest wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:39 am
One of the causes of reduced activity that's worth noting stems from the splitting of the community after SMBX2 and 38A both being released which caused a major divide in the community that hasn't been resolved
I don't think that's really that much of a problem anymore considering the PGE forums are dead and the 38A server most of the time as well. However most 38A members have went into mixed 2.0/38A servers like smbx project's server for example.

or my server

not rockythechao
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: A2XT2 and a few others

Postby not rockythechao » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:16 pm

This has been happening over in the talkhaus as well -- a lot of the activity has shifted from the forum to a handful of general discord servers like discordhaus, codehaus, and raocow's patreon server. That includes project development, with most major collabs getting their own servers or at least a channel in one of the general servers. The site is still used for LP threads and events like the christmas advent gifts and the Mosts, but in general forums are just losing their place as the primary hub of a community's activity. The way I see it, this is just the natural next step in the evolution of how people congregate and communicate on the internet.
Some people just cannot avoid the ads on MediaFire, even with both common sense and popup blockers. It's always a good idea to provide an alternate download link with an ad-free file host such as Dropbox or Google Drive.

I do music, graphics, lua, birthdays, bachelor parties, bar mitzvahs, long walks on the beach, driving through the scenic countryside with my fabulous mutlicolored mustache flowing in the wind, living life on the edge and not playing by the rules, awkwardly standing in the corner of the room with my GBC during important company meetings, all my own stunts and baking cookies with criminally-high quantities of butter
Spoiler: show
Spinda wrote:gdi rocky
Waddle Derp wrote:rocky what the fuck
rockythechao wrote:gfdi me
Bread wrote:rocky
what did you do
ROCKY
Enjl wrote:you're walking a rocky road
Quantix wrote:jesus christ rocky
rockythechao wrote:the sin is indeed mine

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:20 am

not rockythechao wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:16 pm
This has been happening over in the talkhaus as well -- a lot of the activity has shifted from the forum to a handful of general discord servers like discordhaus, codehaus, and raocow's patreon server. That includes project development, with most major collabs getting their own servers or at least a channel in one of the general servers. The site is still used for LP threads and events like the christmas advent gifts and the Mosts, but in general forums are just losing their place as the primary hub of a community's activity. The way I see it, this is just the natural next step in the evolution of how people congregate and communicate on the internet.
I think this is a step everyone should take as it provides a lot of benefits.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:28 am

Doesn't mean we should stop using the forums though! They're still a great environment

I also woke up to 20 notifications

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Press Start
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars and something else I think
Chat Username: Scroll#6292

Postby Scroll » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:15 am

Cedur wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:28 am
Doesn't mean we should stop using the forums though! They're still a great environment

I also woke up to 20 notifications
Nevermind, some days ago I woke up with 35 notifications. I'm not exaggerating.

The Dwarven Digger
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Currently unnamed

Postby The Dwarven Digger » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:15 pm

I've joined the Discord server but don't really use it much myself. I find that every time I open it there's 50+ new messages on the more common channels, and with that many messages Discord doesn't scroll back automatically, so I miss out whatever was being talked about. Personally I find the forums provide a more convenient way of viewing new posts, as they are clearly marked as unread and don't require large amounts of scrolling. But that's just me, and I guess a lot more users seem to prefer the Discord server.
I support: show
Due to a problem with my laptop, all my projects and levels have been lost. But fear not, for new ones will be arriving! (and hopefully completed)
rockythechao wrote:Image

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:13 pm

The Dwarven Digger wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:15 pm
I've joined the Discord server but don't really use it much myself. I find that every time I open it there's 50+ new messages on the more common channels, and with that many messages Discord doesn't scroll back automatically, so I miss out whatever was being talked about. Personally I find the forums provide a more convenient way of viewing new posts, as they are clearly marked as unread and don't require large amounts of scrolling. But that's just me, and I guess a lot more users seem to prefer the Discord server.
You just have to click on the banner that says 50+ new messages and it brings you back to the first unread message

The Dwarven Digger
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Currently unnamed

Postby The Dwarven Digger » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:37 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:13 pm
The Dwarven Digger wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:15 pm
You just have to click on the banner that says 50+ new messages and it brings you back to the first unread message
Huh, didn't know you could do that. Thanks!
I support: show
Due to a problem with my laptop, all my projects and levels have been lost. But fear not, for new ones will be arriving! (and hopefully completed)
rockythechao wrote:Image

Return to “Site Discussion”