Swear Word Blocker

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
Lucario
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Flair: I can't make graphics nor .lua, sry T-T
Pronouns: He/him/

Swear Word Blocker

Postby Lucario » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:53 am

I'm asking for something that only blocks swear words. While I rarely see one of those around this forums, I still ask for it since I... just... Idk, think they're a little disrespectful? So plz, anyone who is organizing the site, attend my wish! :?
Interests: Learning basic .lua, Piranha Creeper, Longadile, YI Fuzzy that changes music, Unagi (both camping, big and smol), Walking Piranha Plant and NSMB Balloon Boo. - No NPCs are mine. Sorry if I didn't credited you, I don't remember who made some NPCs I used! :lol: Check my levels! :mrgreen: I'd be very happy if anyone makes any of those interest NPC requests, and since they'd be recent, I think I'll remember who did it and credit it! ;)

MaryWelch
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: He

Re: Swear Word Blocker

Postby MaryWelch » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:28 am

In this case, there are specialized plugins that detect the checkmate and block it for you personally. Use https://www.google.com/ !
Last edited by MaryWelch on Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhosty
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: person who constantly changes her avatar
Pronouns: She/Her/Her's

Postby Rhosty » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:49 am

Idk, that sounds like a bit of a stretch, especially since it's easier to just maybe ignore curse words other people put in their posts? You're bound to see/hear them wherever you go, so it's better to just put up with it.
cat toad or toad cat?: show
reeee: show
I have a splatoon fanfic up if you want to check that out, it's not dead btw, I kinda want to wait and see what Splatoon 3 is like so I can turn this into a Splatoon 3 fanfic instead of Splatoon 2.
reddit.com/user/kinkykookykat
https://www.roblox.com/users/56927982/profile
I'm on talkhaus, kuribo64, smw central, and pge as well
My Switch friend code: SW-1004-3051-8456
selective mutism is a nuisance

Cedur
Bowser
Bowser
Flair: semi-retired user, only interested in post ranks
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:31 pm

What's the harm with occasional swear words? Excessive swearing and insulting are covered by the rules anyway.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:37 am

Cedur wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:31 pm
What's the harm with occasional swear words? Excessive swearing and insulting are covered by the rules anyway.
Maybe kids who aren't used to swearing don't want to see it? Idk, seems like a bad influence. If they see other people swearing then they'll probably be more likely to start using these words themselves.
We can't assume that every person of age 13+ uses foul language on a regular basis, and I don't think a forum for Mario should be the place that causes them to start doing so.

It is given that x = 5. What is the value of y?

Idunn
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Idunn » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:19 am

While I can see the appeal for something like a Swear Word Blocker, It honestly won't do much...
Sure It could be used here to automatically censor Swears like you can have it in Video games, but being on the Internet you still will see swear words in most places around.

Not to mention, you will still encounter them also outside of the Internet so you will still hear them unless you cut off your ears or have earphones in.

Then again, they don't belong in a Mario Forum anyway, and most people who do constantly use them try to be edgy teens imo.

That's just my Input on this, don't take it too much into this.

Return to “Site Discussion”