I think it's safe to say...

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
-Is the suggestion you're making aimed toward the improvement of the site or something you just want to be added as a personal preference?
Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:55 pm

I think it's safe to say...

Postby Knux » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:59 pm

That the SMBX community is in its final years. People have been saying this for years, and weirdly enough I think in 2016 the activity peaked quite drastically. Surely I'm not the only one who has noticed the total lack of replies in a LOT of threads, and the absences of many notable community figures...what happened? Did we just run our course? I suppose next year marks a full decade of our existence, but it's quite a shame to see this place not thriving like it once was.

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby Eri7 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:06 pm

My opinion is that people are busy as of now with school or something else and can't spend that much time on smbx, i know few people who are in that position. There are also people who just got bored of smbx because nothing new is happening like a new update or something big. It's really a shame that activity is going down while few users such as Enjl and Waddle are making some effort to make the people in the community into better level designers and game developers through their helpful threads and videos. I doubt smbx is in its final years considering beta 4 will come out in the near future. I do think the activity in the forum is going down but in discord, at the moment it is not that bad.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby Danny » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Just a reminder that some of the OG users/prominent figures are entering their 20s or are already in their mid 20s and have moved on in life.

Valtteri's gettin' famous these days.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4304
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby Electriking » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:12 pm

I don't think reduced activity on the forum is a sign that SMBX or its community is dying.

First, lots of members have school or other commitments and they may not have time to go on the forums all the time at this time of year. There was quite a lot of activity back in the summer but dropped since (and it was about what it is right now before then). Also bear in mind that with Thanksgiving and Christmas happening/coming up, a lot of members will be spending time with family or preparing for the holidays rather than being on the forums.

Also Discord has become more popular as it is often easier and faster to communicate and hold conversations on live chatting services than a forum, so most of the activity happens there today.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4478
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby Aero » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:21 pm

Everyone's on Discord. Hundreds of people have joined the SMBX server this year, and it's usually active.
As long as one man goes hungry nobody should eat until everyone is full.

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4831
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby Cedur » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:54 am

As long as SMBX2 is in development, it's too early to say if the SMBX community (including activity on the forums) is ceasing to exist or not

and how's your own episode going?
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Core
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1021
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:29 am

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby Core » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:30 pm

Nah, i don't think so. Well, at least judging by Discord, i can say this community keeps going.

User avatar
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1737
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: Press Start
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars and something else I think
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby Scroll » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:05 pm

Everyone has good points, the fact that the forums are losing activity, doesn't mean that the community is ending.

And also, I guess that SMBX 2.0 Beta 4 will attract more people once it is released.

That's all I think about this.

Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby Knux » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:05 pm

Cedur wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:54 am
and how's your own episode going?
It should be out on Monday

EDIT; never mind, here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=23032

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2556
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:43 pm
Contact:

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby glitch4 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:02 am

Nothing happens in the forums, so that's why there's barely any activity.

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4831
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby Cedur » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:11 pm

that's a bit of an exaggeration, at some times there's still a double-digit number of notifications if I come back from a larger break

level designing happens, coding and gfx making happens, various smalltalk happens in Sandbox and Video Games ...
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2556
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:43 pm
Contact:

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby glitch4 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:15 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:11 pm
that's a bit of an exaggeration, at some times there's still a double-digit number of notifications if I come back from a larger break

level designing happens, coding and gfx making happens, various smalltalk happens in Sandbox and Video Games ...
What I want to happen is the revived SMB1X progress and all stars level contest episode, but will that happen?

User avatar
PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7118
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby PixelPest » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:36 am

glitch4 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:15 pm
Cedur wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:11 pm
that's a bit of an exaggeration, at some times there's still a double-digit number of notifications if I come back from a larger break

level designing happens, coding and gfx making happens, various smalltalk happens in Sandbox and Video Games ...
What I want to happen is the revived SMB1X progress and all stars level contest episode, but will that happen?
For the former bug Aristo; for the latter it depends how long I decide to sleep over the Christmas break

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm
Flair: Discord: Benkyo#3458

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby reghrhre » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:28 am

Gl in 2019. Haven't been paying much attention to this place for a good while but it really doesn't seem like much is happening based off recent posts everywhere, which'll kill any form of long term commitment or interest to stick around the community or use SMBX, but who knows.

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby Eri7 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:02 am

What do you mean by
but it really doesn't seem like much is happening
if its related to community stuff then i will agree but if its related to projects/episodes/levels then i will disagree because there are stuff being developed but most of the progress is being shown in discord instead than the forums.
The smbx discord and all other smbx related discord servers such as smbx projects, smbx levels, smbx 38A, codehaus and few more are active.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4831
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby Cedur » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:10 am

reghrhre wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:28 am
Gl in 2019. Haven't been paying much attention to this place for a good while but it really doesn't seem like much is happening based off recent posts everywhere, which'll kill any form of long term commitment or interest to stick around the community or use SMBX, but who knows.

didn't guess to ever see you back here! but yeah check out the discords.

There's also a few new episodes that you shouldn't miss
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4304
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby Electriking » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:16 am

TBH if you are not on the Discord server, then I don't think you are qualified to speak about the state of the community. Forum posts don't say everything about the activity of the community.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby Knux » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:20 pm

I'm still banned from the discord and I dunno what's happening with my ban lift, spoke to pseudo a while ago tho

User avatar
Jashthefuntime
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:32 am
Chat Username: ???

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby Jashthefuntime » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:31 am

Knux wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:59 pm
That the SMBX community is in its final years. People have been saying this for years, and weirdly enough I think in 2016 the activity peaked quite drastically. Surely I'm not the only one who has noticed the total lack of replies in a LOT of threads, and the absences of many notable community figures...what happened? Did we just run our course? I suppose next year marks a full decade of our existence, but it's quite a shame to see this place not thriving like it once was.
I kinda lost interest in SMBX because maybe it needs something really big for attract more people...like an online thing,or idk...as a kid i always had fun on smbx creating levels without sense,but i kinda lost interest,even if i want to make an episode,i can't do it because after naming the episode,bam,closed SMBX.Hope that SMBX,even if redigit doesn't work at it anymore,will attract people again with new things
Image Image

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4304
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby Electriking » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:01 am

Jashthefuntime wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:31 am
Knux wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:59 pm
That the SMBX community is in its final years. People have been saying this for years, and weirdly enough I think in 2016 the activity peaked quite drastically. Surely I'm not the only one who has noticed the total lack of replies in a LOT of threads, and the absences of many notable community figures...what happened? Did we just run our course? I suppose next year marks a full decade of our existence, but it's quite a shame to see this place not thriving like it once was.
I kinda lost interest in SMBX because maybe it needs something really big for attract more people
That is called SMBX2 beta 4. It is coming out soon.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF


Return to “Site Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest