I think it's safe to say...

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
ArcyTheAtrocious
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: Imaginative
Current Project: Mario and Luigi 3DS Sprites
Chat Username: ArcyTA88

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby ArcyTheAtrocious » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:36 am

Eri7 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:06 pm
My opinion is that people are busy as of now with school or something else and can't spend that much time on smbx, i know few people who are in that position. There are also people who just got bored of smbx because nothing new is happening like a new update or something big. It's really a shame that activity is going down while few users such as Enjl and Waddle are making some effort to make the people in the community into better level designers and game developers through their helpful threads and videos. I doubt smbx is in its final years considering beta 4 will come out in the near future. I do think the activity in the forum is going down but in discord, at the moment it is not that bad.
Yeah, im busy with school and its almost in my finals before college comes. There's not much posts or replies i can post,and in my free time, i'd make 3d npc sprites (check in my signature). But its been a journey to play smbx episodes to inspire and have fun.

Amine Retro
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: Bench-kun

Postby Amine Retro » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:46 am

This lack of activity is pretty much normal in every community, it's just that people like to hang in discord more often than the forums.
my signature
my discord server. we have a WIP episode there too, so you can join if you're interested.
i support: show

Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Knux » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:46 am

I swear that there hasn't been a notable decline like this in the 10 years of this community's existence

Mr. Spike
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby Mr. Spike » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:30 am

I don't feel like "people are busy with school" or "they dont have time to play" are excuses for this situation.
Lets remember that these problems existed for ages since the community was created... I could say that people moved or lost interest in this community. Or the interest that this community creates is not the same as before (talking from an OG user pserpective).

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:36 am

interest in SMBX is unabated. Without an in-development SMBX2 the situation would be very different.

(lol welcome back after an almost 3 year hiatus)
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Mr. Spike
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby Mr. Spike » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:46 am

Cedur wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:36 am
interest in SMBX is unabated. Without an in-development SMBX2 the situation would be very different.

(lol welcome back after an almost 3 year hiatus)
I don't think so... are you sure that in these 10 years the users didn't lose interest in this community? This community is more than a fangame community (or atleast from what I remember).
I lost lots of things and I will probably lose more. Some of us moved to other communities like Steam (where I have lots of the OGs friended but we never talk lol, I guess we lost interest between us too).

Also, thanks for the welcoming, but I don't think I will stay here longer. I may talk a bit in these discussions about the community and then move on.

(I don't even know how I ended here)

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:40 am

Knux wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:46 am
I swear that there hasn't been a notable decline like this in the 10 years of this community's existence
If a more convenient means of communication appears (the SMBX Discord server) what is going to happen to the lless covenient means of communiction (this forum)?

Also, I haven't noticed much of a fall in activity for as long as I have been here. So if there is a decline, it must have been slow and/or started/happened years ago.
Mr. Spike wrote: I don't think so... are you sure that in these 10 years the users didn't lose interest in this community?
The older users that have gotten bored have since been replaced with newer users.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:41 am

Just at the end of 2018 the amount of posts was dropping, but now it's going back up at a pretty stable rate. (and also quality != quantity applies here)

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

Mr. Spike
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby Mr. Spike » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:28 pm

And here is my question about all this topic... do you think new users from this "generation" (to give it a name) get bored easier or quicker?

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:37 pm

Mr. Spike wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:28 pm
And here is my question about all this topic... do you think new users from this "generation" (to give it a name) get bored easier or quicker?
Do you think there is enough data to draw conclusions? Also what reasons exist for that to be true?
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Knux » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:21 am

Mr. Spike wrote:
This has always been an issue, the actual productivity rate of SMBX is like 10% lol

Eri7
Banned
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Current Project: Producer of the Novaverse
Chat Username: Eri7

Postby Eri7 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:23 am

Mr. Spike wrote:
Depends on people, i will say 50% get bored easier and 50% still stay like me.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:00 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:23 am
Mr. Spike wrote:
Depends on people, i will say 50% get bored easier and 50% still stay like me.
In my personal experience, i find that while trying to make levels etc. for SMBX, i easily get distracted by internet, real life and other things. I'd say i'm not the most productive person but i do strive to get work done. Some days, i get quite a bit of work on SMBX done. Depends on my feelings on a particular day, really.
As a relatively old / new user (from 2017), i'd say that it depends on the person but for me personally i don't get bored per-say, but my focus isn't always on the game / community.
I also was really active in my early days here, but i've slowly been making less posts here (though i'm online quite a bit still). I use Discord more though and i'd say that the majority of users would be in the same position regarding this point.

Anyway, i'd say that SMBX isn't really dying down. Yes, maybe there isn't as much activity here as there used to be, but it's still really active - even if it is in another place (discord).
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.
https://nsmbx.proboards.com/
------
Tower Mario Bros.

Uzendayo
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: I don't even know anymore

Postby Uzendayo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:43 am

Personally, I think this decline is because of the rise of shit like SMM and stuff, but also this falls on the part of the staff not engaging with the community. The Staff has been banking on MaGLX3 which is banking on beta 4, and in the mean time, we've only had what, 3 contests? 1 of which was a complete disaster in almost all fronts and the other 2 lacking playable episodes, one of those banking on users doing the fucking work for them? Honestly I think the SMBX community is on the natural decline, but the staff's lack of engagement has really fucking taken a toll on this site.
I placed 18th in CC8,
I placed 8th in CC11, and I
Won 1st in the First Vanilla Level Competition
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
You might know me as Epoch
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:03 am

At least two thirds of the staff don't even display any activity on the forums at all, some also have little activity on the chat.

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:58 am

I too agree that the staff aren't really doing much in regards to interacting with the community which seems a bit weird imo.

MmmMario
Bit
Bit
Flair: Yeet
Current Project: My current project is living. Trust me, it's hard.
Chat Username: TawPawNaw

Postby MmmMario » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:45 am

Frankly, we might just need to get new staff.
Here's Johnny

I will bore everyone out of their mind with my questions!!!
Does anyone else have the PostImages problem? Frankly, it annoys me that sometimes I can't view pictures.

Join mine and MemeLord's(PotatoMario's) server here: https://discord.gg/PUTNGKS

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:58 am

MmmMario wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:45 am
Frankly, we might just need to get new staff.
That's much easier said than done however we are looking to get another mod and admin at some point in the near future

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:04 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:58 am
however we are looking to get another mod and admin at some point in the near future
I guess I'm a possible candidate for either mod or admin, hopefully
(Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG goals (62% of the goals completed)
My Pixiv
I'm autistic & have ADHD.

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:11 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:04 pm
PixelPest wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:58 am
however we are looking to get another mod and admin at some point in the near future
I guess I'm a possible candidate for either mod or admin, hopefully
You seem way too innocent to be able to deal with personal/emotional arguments and problems caused by troubled people...
However you are friendly and you try to engage with the community so that's a plus in my book.

Return to “Site Discussion”