I think it's safe to say...

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Happy new decade
Current Project: Rosalina's Satellite (yet again)
Chat Username: Scroll#6292

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby Scroll » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:24 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:11 pm
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:04 pm
PixelPest wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:58 am
however we are looking to get another mod and admin at some point in the near future
I guess I'm a possible candidate for either mod or admin, hopefully
You seem way too innocent to be able to deal with personal/emotional arguments and problems caused by troubled people...
However you are friendly and you try to engage with the community so that's a plus in my book.
And how about me?

Eri7
Banned
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7

Postby Eri7 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:32 pm

VanillaDude wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:24 pm
Eri7 wrote:
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:04 pm

I guess I'm a possible candidate for either mod or admin, hopefully
You seem way too innocent to be able to deal with personal/emotional arguments and problems caused by troubled people...
However you are friendly and you try to engage with the community so that's a plus in my book.
And how about me?
IMO You are way too new to this community and i have 0% trust in you that you can handle serious problems as an admin or a mod.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:36 pm

hey I'll just say the staff doesn't encourage talking about your possible aptitude or judging others'. The decision is met behind the scenes.
Last edited by Cedur on Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshi's are tools to be used and discarded.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Scroll » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:37 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:32 pm
VanillaDude wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:24 pm
Eri7 wrote:

And how about me?
IMO You are way too new to this community and i have 0% trust in you that you can handle serious problems as an admin or a mod.
I was lurking and checking a lot the forums since 2016, I just registered much later

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:41 pm

Woah what's with all this brutal honesty and honest brutality and Cedur assuming about the staff? Where's my popcorn? Now's my take's turn!
MmmMario wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:45 am
Frankly, we might just need to get new staff.
Pretty easily said and pretty easily done, tbh, under the condition that the inactive staff doesn't mind hot-swapping themselves out. Although I wanna mention that there isn't exactly any problem with staff or its size right now, since there isn't anything going on that really requires more action to be taken.
The only reason for why a staff replacement might be desirable would be in order to get a set of people that have time on their hands to actively plan events and bring the community forward, which in itself is pretty hard if everyone is preoccupied with finishing world 2 of their episodes.
So, not necessary.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Uzendayo
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: I don't even know anymore

Postby Uzendayo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:43 pm

We dont need new staff, we just need the staff to interact in other places besides discord. Get the community riled up again get a contest or two going.do the BARE MINIMUM to interact at the very least.
Spoiler: show
I placed 18th in CC8,
I placed 8th in CC11, and I
Won 1st in the First Vanilla Level Competition
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
You might know me as Epoch
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:52 pm

The staff pretty much interacts as much as anyone else. Activity claims almost never comes up with actual numbers to back them up. As for event planning that deserves its own thread I think because there's a lot that goes into it that isn't staff related.

candle
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: A wanderer
Current Project: Quest for Doxoria
Chat Username: candle

Postby candle » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:04 am

Eri7 wrote: IMO You are way too new to this community and i have 0% trust in you that you can handle serious problems as an admin or a mod.
I wouldn't use such a harsh wording just because someone is too new in your opinion.
Amine Retro wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:46 am
This lack of activity is pretty much normal in every community, it's just that people like to hang in discord more often than the forums.
Well, I find posting on the forums more relaxing than chatting. It may take longer to get a response, but I've never had an issue with SMBX that was so pressing as to make me require a response that same day.

Apart from that, since the beginning of my membership I've visited the forum at least once per week, but didn't notice any dramatic rise or decline in activities. Then again, I didn't actively look for active topics. Let's see what the release of Beta 4 will bring.

However, I do wish the monthly announcements would be continued or that at at least the episode-featuring would be continued in the near future.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:19 am

I wish the featured content would happen in a less frequent period, say three months? There's still some candidates out there

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshi's are tools to be used and discarded.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
[ads]

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:38 am

candle wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:04 am
However, I do wish the monthly announcements would be continued or that at at least the episode-featuring would be continued in the near future.
Bad ideas when there isn't enough news to warrant monthly threads and if we continued to feature episodes monthly, we would get to a point where there would be so many featured episodes that it might as well not be a thing.

Every 3 months is a rather optimistic frequency. I think 2 featured episodes per year is a reasonable expectation.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Eri7
Banned
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)

Postby Eri7 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:53 am

candle wrote:
Eri7 wrote: IMO You are way too new to this community and i have 0% trust in you that you can handle serious problems as an admin or a mod.
I wouldn't use such a harsh wording just because someone is too new in your opinion.
I have seen him interact with other people and i just don't believe he can be able to handle arguments that don't go anywhere and be able to calm down both sides of such arguments and to be able to find a solution to the problems. I don't think it's harsh, i think its justified. However i am not a part of the staff so my opinions aren't facts but just opinions built from my experience with him.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Current Project: The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle
Chat Username: ShadowStarX

Postby ShadowStarX » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:55 am

Electriking wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:38 am
candle wrote:
Bad ideas when there isn't enough news to warrant monthly threads and if we continued to feature episodes monthly, we would get to a point where there would be so many featured episodes that it might as well not be a thing.

Every 3 months is a rather optimistic frequency. I think 2 featured episodes per year is a reasonable expectation.
I honestly don't get why episodes need to be featured on a preset frequency, let it be a month, a season or half a year.
Why not just feature any episode that meets a certain standard and/or has a lot of unique things going for it?

But if we really had to pick a frequency, I'd got with 3 months.
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016

Chocolate Contest X1 - Judge applications
My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:04 am

ShadowStarX wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:55 am
Electriking wrote:
candle wrote:

I honestly don't get why episodes need to be featured on a preset frequency, let it be a month, a season or half a year.
Why not just feature any episode that meets a certain standard and/or has a lot of unique things going for it?

So if 2 great episodes get released in one month, would the staff then feature them both in the same month?

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:07 am

Eri7 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:53 am
candle wrote:
I have seen him interact with other people and i just don't believe he can be able to handle arguments that don't go anywhere and be able to calm down both sides of such arguments and to be able to find a solution to the problems. I don't think it's harsh, i think its justified. However i am not a part of the staff so my opinions aren't facts but just opinions built from my experience with him.
Let's get back on topic. The direction this discussion is taking can't end well and I think in general Eri you've just been too harsh

Added in 1 minute 1 second:
Eri7 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:04 am
ShadowStarX wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:55 am
Electriking wrote:

So if 2 great episodes get released in one month, would the staff then feature them both in the same month?
If that actually happened I don't see why not, however if we ended up finding a good reason to we might spread it apart

BTB
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: smoking weed and killing motherfuckas on xbox
Chat Username: btb

Postby BTB » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:54 am

i think its safe to say yall mothafuckas r gay

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:42 am

BTB wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:54 am
i think its safe to say yall mothafuckas r gay
i'm gay
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Scroll » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:45 am

Now this serious topic will become a joke thread

*runs away*

btw, 900 posts :D

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:49 am

Yesterday and today have been really active in terms of posting. Keep it up lol

[ads]

Scroll
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Scroll » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:51 am

Cedur wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:49 am
Yesterday and today have been really active in terms of posting. Keep it up lol
Me? The most insane day was February 7 iirc lol

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:21 am

I think it is safe to say if we keep posting as much as we have today, we may postpone the decline of the community.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Return to “Site Discussion”