But let's have it less reliant on presenting something new each month/season. Not every month/season is new and exciting, but here's a few things that would make for good inclusions:
- A list of all newly released episodes since the last newsletter with a short description about team, length and version, enticing people to give it a try.
- A compilation of the top placements in the level of the month contests since the last release, with a link to each level thread. Top 3 or something.
- A lookout to any contests happening in the next period as per this thread
. If no event is coming up, mention that, too. If something non-smbx like a smash or pokemon tourney is planned, mention that too.
- A review of any contests that concluded, to round that point out.
- A list of most promising episode concepts/newcomer highlights, encouraging people to check out new members' stuff and give a positive response (as per my idea here
- A link to any news by the smbx2 team. Since we talk to each other this should be easy to manage if we slack off on blog posts again and you want something cool to show :p
- smwcentral does user interviews
which might be a fun bonus, not as an essential part of each issue. Let newcomers learn more about older members. It's kind of like GDC for a bbq meetup.
- Highlights of anything extraordinary people may have missed, like the recent train of news coming from the cgfx pack thread. Goddamn!
I think even without anything staff has to put in outside of the compilation and short descriptions this could be a fun way to get something for everyone to look forward to. A cute little month/season in review that might make people who don't look everywhere more aware of what's going on around here. What do you think?