HELP BALANCE - MaGLX2(Post-game Collab)

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.
HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Re: MaGLX2 Relay Level - The SMBX Side (Post-game Collab)

Postby HenryRichard » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:09 pm

I'd like to sign up. I'm still allowed to even if I didn't ever actually start finish my level, right?
Jesus is my savior.

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Chaotic Culmination: Universe Rescuer

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:21 pm

Nickname wrote:
Imaynotbehere4long wrote:reserve the SMB1 ax graphic (npc-178) for myself.
FallingSnow wrote:The SMB axe is reserved to event triggering and will use an invisible sprite, as per Willhart's suggestion.
Heh, I just noticed that. Oh well.

By the way, can I be guaranteed to get the final section to myself? If not, I'll settle for the last screen, but I would like the final section to myself if possible.

One more question: if someone wants their screen to be in a currently unused section, is that person allowed to add warps going from the previous section (and, by extension, the previous person's screen) to the next section, or will intersection warps be determined after everyone has made their screen?
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
Spoiler: show
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

Septentrion Pleiades
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Septentrion Pleiades » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:23 pm

Can I have the final boss? I've been holding something for a long time.

I'll need
Wart, Wart's bubbles, all vegetables, MB, a lot of layers and triggers, invisible toad-pass blocks

FallingSnow
Ninji
Ninji

Postby FallingSnow » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:40 pm

HenryRichard wrote:I'd like to sign up. I'm still allowed to even if I didn't ever actually start finish my level, right?
Of course. You need not have submitted anything to MAGLX2. If you haven't, now's your chance!
Imaynotbehere4long wrote:
Nickname wrote:
Imaynotbehere4long wrote:reserve the SMB1 ax graphic (npc-178) for myself.
FallingSnow wrote:The SMB axe is reserved to event triggering and will use an invisible sprite, as per Willhart's suggestion.
Heh, I just noticed that. Oh well.

By the way, can I be guaranteed to get the final section to myself? If not, I'll settle for the last screen, but I would like the final section to myself if possible.

One more question: if someone wants their screen to be in a currently unused section, is that person allowed to add warps going from the previous section (and, by extension, the previous person's screen) to the next section, or will intersection warps be determined after everyone has made their screen?
I don't think we'll be using up all 21 sections, so you can get the end screen, yes. You'll likely be after Septentrion's boss.
As far as warps, I'm going to ask that you try your best to coordinate with the people before you as best as you can, but I'm going to allow you to put in warps, yes. If you want to start a new section, go ahead and do so. We'll figure it out.
(We'll be going in section order from 1-21 to keep things in order).

Someone was asking about sign-ups and stuff. The plan is to let this run for a few more days and see how many more people we get. Then I'll start the first screen and put the list in some sort of order. If anyone signs up during our designing phase, they'll be put towards the end of the list (before people claiming the last screens). Sign-ups will close once we get to the last few people.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:23 am

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:Can I have the final boss? I've been holding something for a long time.

I'll need
Wart, Wart's bubbles, all vegetables, MB, a lot of layers and triggers, invisible toad-pass blocks
All I need is about 50 layers and events, a Rinka, a random 2x2 background, hammer bro hammers, wart bubbles (any way, shape, or forum), 10 random 1x1 backgrounds, bullet bill, any other projectile, and a few lava tiles!

If it is okay with the person in question, are two people allowed ti work on the exact same screen?

ImageImageImage

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Chaotic Culmination: Universe Rescuer

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:11 am

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:I'll need...a lot of layers and triggers...
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:All I need is about 50 layers and events...
Shoot, guys; save at least four events for me, please.

--EDIT--

One more question: will this be LP'd in SMBX or A2MBXT? I'd like to know whether I should refer to the main character as "Mario" or "Demo."
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:29 am

I too will sign up for this.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:All I need is about 50 layers and events, a Rinka, a random 2x2 background, hammer bro hammers, wart bubbles (any way, shape, or forum), 10 random 1x1 backgrounds, bullet bill, any other projectile, and a few lava tiles!
Oh, please, no touhou bosses, they're always impossible.
im bored

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Horikawa Otane » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:06 pm

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:
Septentrion Pleiades wrote:I'll need...a lot of layers and triggers...
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:All I need is about 50 layers and events...
Shoot, guys; save at least four events for me, please.

--EDIT--

One more question: will this be LP'd in SMBX or A2MBXT? I'd like to know whether I should refer to the main character as "Mario" or "Demo."
It'll be SMBX.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:32 pm

RudeGuy07 wrote:I too will sign up for this.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:All I need is about 50 layers and events, a Rinka, a random 2x2 background, hammer bro hammers, wart bubbles (any way, shape, or forum), 10 random 1x1 backgrounds, bullet bill, any other projectile, and a few lava tiles!
I have no issues with them, half of the time...

ImageImageImage

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:16 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Isn't your section at the beginning of the level? Wouldn't a boss be better at the end?
Jesus is my savior.

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Project planned; waiting for SMBX2 Beta 4

Postby Murphmario » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:57 pm

I would like to reserve NPC-27 or NPC-94. Not both, just one.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:00 pm

HenryRichard wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Isn't your section at the beginning of the level? Wouldn't a boss be better at the end?
I only requested the beggining is so I can have an entire section to my self... And to reserve a lot of projectile based npcs, and a uston Boss Hp system!

ImageImageImage

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Project planned; waiting for SMBX2 Beta 4

Postby Murphmario » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:16 pm

I have no issues with them, half of the time...[/quote]
Isn't your section at the beginning of the level? Wouldn't a boss be better at the end?[/quote]
I only requested the beggining is so I can have an entire section to my self... And to reserve a lot of projectile based npcs, and a uston Boss Hp system![/quote]

Sorry, but I would not like a boss at the start of a level, especially a Touhou boss.

And also, you get the default screen size of SMBX to work with regardless of where it is in the level, so you would still have the screen size you need at the end.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:30 pm

Murphmario wrote:I have no issues with them, half of the time...
Isn't your section at the beginning of the level? Wouldn't a boss be better at the end?[/quote]
I only requested the beggining is so I can have an entire section to my self... And to reserve a lot of projectile based npcs, and a uston Boss Hp system![/quote]

Sorry, but I would not like a boss at the start of a level, especially a Touhou boss.

And also, you get the default screen size of SMBX to work with regardless of where it is in the level, so you would still have the screen size you need at the end.[/quote]
Uhh, i need an entire section to my self! Unless it is save to hide every layer and resize the section... I am allowed to make a section (my screen) optional, right?

ImageImageImage

FallingSnow
Ninji
Ninji

Postby FallingSnow » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:38 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Septentrion Pleiades wrote:Can I have the final boss? I've been holding something for a long time.

I'll need
All I need is about 50 layers and events, a Rinka, a random 2x2 background, hammer bro hammers, wart bubbles (any way, shape, or forum), 10 random 1x1 backgrounds, bullet bill, any other projectile, and a few lava tiles!

If it is okay with the person in question, are two people allowed ti work on the exact same screen?
Given the amount of things you're requesting, be sure to discuss it with everyone here so that we minimize people potentially losing BGOs they'd like to use. Given SMBX has a 99 layer/event limit iirc, 50 might be pushing it.

If it's okay with the person in question, you can use part of their screen.

Now, my opinion on bosses:
We want this level to be of fair difficulty for an amateur SMBXer. We'll be testing it after everyone has made their screens to make sure the difficulty is fair. If we're going to do bosses, I'm going to limit it to 2 of them, one before the midpoint and one at the end of the level. Given that, they shouldn't be too difficult. Keep in mind that when designing, it'll be easier for you. The goal is fun, not difficult. If your touhou boss will be manageable by all of us, then it'll fly. If not, it will likely need some adjustments.
I don't want to be the guy to turn down your idea before even seeing it, but remember this is supposed to be a collaboration level, not a collaboration of bosses.
Uhh, i need an entire section to my self! Unless it is save to hide every layer and resize the section... I am allowed to make a section (my screen) optional, right?
If it's going to be something insanely difficult, we could try this as well.

Again, I really doubt we'll run out of sections, guys. Don't stress about that. We don't even have 21 people at the time of posting this.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:56 pm

FallingSnow wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:

I'll need

Given the amount of things you're requesting, be sure to discuss it with everyone here so that we minimize people potentially losing BGOs they'd like to use. Given SMBX has a 99 layer/event limit iirc, 50 might be pushing it.

If it's okay with the person in question, you can use part of their screen.

Now, my opinion on bosses:
We want this level to be of fair difficulty for an amateur SMBXer. We'll be testing it after everyone has made their screens to make sure the difficulty is fair. If we're going to do bosses, I'm going to limit it to 2 of them, one before the midpoint and one at the end of the level. Given that, they shouldn't be too difficult. Keep in mind that when designing, it'll be easier for you. The goal is fun, not difficult. If your touhou boss will be manageable by all of us, then it'll fly. If not, it will likely need some adjustments.
I don't want to be the guy to turn down your idea before even seeing it, but remember this is supposed to be a collaboration level, not a collaboration of bosses.
If it's going to be something insanely difficult, we could try this as well.

Again, I really doubt we'll run out of sections, guys. Don't stress about that. We don't even have 21 people at the time of posting this.
Thank you, I can go ahead and start on it, and useing PGE, combine it, but the thing is, i asked if okay with who we ask, can we (two people) actualy work on the same screen for two days? Either way, I well try to keep my events to a minimum! I have been studing bossedit's design as well, and I will try not to make more then 18 forums considering the size limmit! I know how to combine multiple layers as well! Or minimize layers and events if really needed!

ImageImageImage

BlimpFruit
Bit
Bit

Postby BlimpFruit » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:10 pm

I'd like to join, but could I request that I go on the weekend, because I don't have a lot of time during the week.
Not a dash pepper.
Mafia Achievements:
I support:

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Horikawa Otane » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:36 pm

So when are we getting started?

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:51 pm

Horikawa Otane wrote:So when are we getting started?
Soon I hope, but Oh well... More time for others to join!

ImageImageImage

FallingSnow
Ninji
Ninji

Postby FallingSnow » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:44 pm

In the next couple days probably.

Return to “Projects”