How is Super Mario Bros. 3 the Devil?

This is the place for video games!
Wkay
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

How is Super Mario Bros. 3 the Devil?

Postby Wkay » Tue May 12, 2015 10:54 pm

Somebody's been telling me that it is lately and they didn't tell me how... So I'm curious now. How is Super Mario Bros. 3 the devil? Any signs or symbol references or anything?
This account's dead, move on to Gunslinger, bud.

SilverDeoxys563
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Re: How is Super Mario Bros. 3 the Devil?

Postby SilverDeoxys563 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:10 pm

>you're taking these forums seriously

If anything SMB3 is the antichrist here because everyone except me abuses its style...
ImageImage
<Ragont> as303298 the movie.wmmp
In these days, I feel particularly blessed, contented, thankful, and inspired to be Christian.

Please don't Steam message me after midnight, kthx.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Current Project: The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle
Chat Username: ShadowStarX

Postby ShadowStarX » Wed May 13, 2015 8:48 am

Just watch AVGN's Super Mario Bros. 3 video.
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle

sleepy
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: absolutely nothing

Postby sleepy » Wed May 13, 2015 8:56 am

SMB3 is the most overused style ever, that's why
Regards,
sleepy

IRC Quotes
Spoiler: show
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over

<Legend-tony980> GhostHawk, what is a bot?
<GhostBot> a user without a soul
contact info

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: local guy
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Wed May 13, 2015 9:31 am

I thought it was god, since everyone loves its style.
"SMB3 is devil" is just a joke you've heard somewhere, probably in this forum, don't take it seriously
im bored

Zonnepoes
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: Nothing at all.

Postby Zonnepoes » Wed May 13, 2015 12:24 pm

Its probably just all pure coincedence. Get over it
Don't click if you dare! (bad box)

Also known on those websites as:
smwcentral:http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=25353
raocow's talkhaus:http://talkhaus.raocow.com/memberlist.p ... le&u=98499

Keep in mind that i am not a very active SMBX poster anymore. The game is still pretty awesome, but i decided to post a little more on SMWCentral.

suckhacker
Banned

Postby suckhacker » Wed May 13, 2015 3:20 pm

It is not the devil. AVGN's cart just got possessed by him. big difference

Wkay
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Wkay » Fri May 15, 2015 10:36 pm

sleepy wrote:SMB3 is the most overused style ever, that's why
True... true...

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sat May 16, 2015 5:13 am

Thats bc smb3 features illuminatic symbols and more. Thats why the actual release doesn't have them bc of the kids and religion.

Aulphexia
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Current Project: Doomsday (Looking at a 2037 completion possibly)

Postby Aulphexia » Sun May 17, 2015 6:44 pm

Let's just say because it's relatively easy to die in that game. Many times have I either fallen down pits due to shite racoon flying, got a couple of hammers in my eyes, slipped off ledges, had paragoombas land on top of me, get eaten by massive fish, drown by rising waters, shells lobbed at me, bob-ombs exploding in my face, bloopers stalking me like they have a crush on me or something, sandstorms blow me away, piranha plants pop out of literally nowhere, Wendy's rings bouncing around, spike balls popping up, fail at the roulette wheels, get crushed by a tank, zapped by statues...damn I wish I could say the list isn't much longer than this.
HIRING BETA TESTERS
World 1 - Spiky hilltops ready to be tested. PM if you're interested.
ImageImageImageImage

Metamorphizer
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Metamorphizer » Tue May 19, 2015 5:01 am

Aulphexia wrote:Let's just say because it's relatively easy to die in that game. Many times have I either fallen down pits due to shite racoon flying, got a couple of hammers in my eyes, slipped off ledges, had paragoombas land on top of me, get eaten by massive fish, drown by rising waters, shells lobbed at me, bob-ombs exploding in my face, bloopers stalking me like they have a crush on me or something, sandstorms blow me away, piranha plants pop out of literally nowhere, Wendy's rings bouncing around, spike balls popping up, fail at the roulette wheels, get crushed by a tank, zapped by statues...damn I wish I could say the list isn't much longer than this.
SMB3 is probably the hardest of the classic Mario games. It it isn't a very difficult game, sure, but it can be rather frustrating in the late game, especially Ice World and Dark World. I can certainly appreciate a Mario game that does become legitimately tough as you progress, but the implementation feels rather erratic. This and the slightly unrefined controls make SMW my favorite 2D Mario, which is much more balanced (if not a bit too easy) and boasts phenomenal controls. I do, however, like the number of gimmicky powerups and mini-games in SMB3.

Aulphexia
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Aulphexia » Tue May 19, 2015 2:17 pm

Cascade wrote:
Aulphexia wrote:Let's just say because it's relatively easy to die in that game. Many times have I either fallen down pits due to shite racoon flying, got a couple of hammers in my eyes, slipped off ledges, had paragoombas land on top of me, get eaten by massive fish, drown by rising waters, shells lobbed at me, bob-ombs exploding in my face, bloopers stalking me like they have a crush on me or something, sandstorms blow me away, piranha plants pop out of literally nowhere, Wendy's rings bouncing around, spike balls popping up, fail at the roulette wheels, get crushed by a tank, zapped by statues...damn I wish I could say the list isn't much longer than this.
SMB3 is probably the hardest of the classic Mario games. It it isn't a very difficult game, sure, but it can be rather frustrating in the late game, especially Ice World and Dark World. I can certainly appreciate a Mario game that does become legitimately tough as you progress, but the implementation feels rather erratic. This and the slightly unrefined controls make SMW my favorite 2D Mario, which is much more balanced (if not a bit too easy) and boasts phenomenal controls. I do, however, like the number of gimmicky powerups and mini-games in SMB3.
To be honest, think the only Mario game harder than SMB3 would be SMB Lost Levels, but still, it's still one of those challenging games that I would take days on, only been able to get as far as World 4, but World 3 was an extremely bloody difficult world for me to walk through. To think how many game over messages I got on my travels... :-/
HIRING BETA TESTERS
ImageImageImageImage

MrPunchia
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: stay groovy

Postby MrPunchia » Tue May 19, 2015 7:08 pm

Shepard wrote:Somebody's been telling me that it is lately and they didn't tell me how... So I'm curious now. How is Super Mario Bros. 3 the devil? Any signs or symbol references or anything?
Because of a bunch of dumb coincidences revolving around Satan and Christianity.
keeping in touch

Metamorphizer
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Metamorphizer » Tue May 19, 2015 10:58 pm

Aulphexia wrote:To be honest, think the only Mario game harder than SMB3 would be SMB Lost Levels, but still, it's still one of those challenging games that I would take days on, only been able to get as far as World 4, but World 3 was an extremely bloody difficult world for me to walk through. To think how many game over messages I got on my travels... :-/
I forgot about that one. At the time of writing, I only considered the games that were actually released outside Japan.

Mivixion
Grinder
Grinder
Chat Username: m1v1x10n

Postby Mivixion » Wed May 20, 2015 10:24 pm

Apparently there are Satanic symbols in Dark Land if you put it all together or something. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thundaga_T2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Thundaga_T2 » Thu May 21, 2015 1:44 am

Aulphexia wrote: To be honest, think the only Mario game harder than SMB3 would be SMB Lost Levels, but still, it's still one of those challenging games that I would take days on, only been able to get as far as World 4, but World 3 was an extremely bloody difficult world for me to walk through. To think how many game over messages I got on my travels... :-/
I think SMB1 is harder than SMB3, there are a few items that can break SMB3's difficulty, SMB1 doesnt really have any other than possibly the Fire Flower. All you have is your wits.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Thu May 21, 2015 1:01 pm

Thundaga_T2 wrote:
Aulphexia wrote: To be honest, think the only Mario game harder than SMB3 would be SMB Lost Levels, but still, it's still one of those challenging games that I would take days on, only been able to get as far as World 4, but World 3 was an extremely bloody difficult world for me to walk through. To think how many game over messages I got on my travels... :-/
I think SMB1 is harder than SMB3, there are a few items that can break SMB3's difficulty, SMB1 doesnt really have any other than possibly the Fire Flower. All you have is your wits.
Back then mario was challenging. Now it's just the same over and over again.

Wkay
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Wkay » Fri May 22, 2015 10:04 pm

I just remembered those hands that drag you down... O.o

Aulphexia
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Aulphexia » Sun May 24, 2015 3:50 pm

Mivixion wrote:Apparently there are Satanic symbols in Dark Land if you put it all together or something. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You're not wrong. There are eight worlds, in the eighth world there are five spaces where a hand can grab you and pull you down to the firey pits of hell, you have to get past twelve tanks to get to the boss, and it takes on average twelve jumps to get Bowser falling down the chasm.
H = 8, E = 5 and L = 12 if you think about the code (A = 1, B = 2 etc)
So, 8,5,12,12 makes Hell.

Shows how Satanic that world is, but there are other symbols outside of the dark world that show how demonic it is, like pipes shaped like inverted crosses, P-Switches (P for possession) and blocks forming the letter H (for Hell). :twisted:
HIRING BETA TESTERS
ImageImageImageImage

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Sun May 24, 2015 5:30 pm

I think you might be looking a little too deep into this.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Return to “Video Games”