SMBX 1.3.0.1

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
Kingcool194
Goomba
Goomba
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:07 pm

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Kingcool194 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:04 pm

sup people :D :D :D :D

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4098
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:35 pm

Kingcool194 wrote:sup people :D :D :D :D
Introductions should be posted here: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =50&t=9405

Be sure to tell a little about yourself too!
Image

Troshqui
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:54 pm
Current Project: Koopalings Revenge

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Troshqui » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:49 pm

There are SMBX 1.4?

User avatar
PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7118
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby PixelPest » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:33 pm

Troshqui wrote:There are SMBX 1.4?
The build referred to as 1.4.1/1.4.2 is not an official build of SMBX and in no way related to 1.3.0.1. We don't support it here

User avatar
HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2844
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 pm
Flair: Is this where I type my password?
Contact:

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby HenryRichard » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:42 pm

Technically, it's not even SMBX since it's a recreation, similar to PGE and VSMBX.
Image

I'm on Soundcloud | My graphics pack!

Jesus is my savior.

User avatar
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1710
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881
Contact:

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Wohlstand » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:41 am

HenryRichard wrote:Technically, it's not even SMBX since it's a recreation, similar to PGE and VSMBX.
Therefore I naming it as SMBX-38A (SMBX by 38A) to don't confuse WHICH smbx is (Original SMBX still be "Vanilla SMBX" and 5438A38A's SMBX is "SMBX-38A")
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

User avatar
-NeonRazor-
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:44 pm
Current Project: Spiny Island

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby -NeonRazor- » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:57 pm

Are you sure this is safe? Last time I got a virus! :cry:

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7563
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Enjl » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:00 pm

-NeonRazor- wrote:Are you sure this is safe? Last time I got a virus! :cry:
Yes. Alternatively to this you can download the 2.0 beta which is guaranteed to not cause any antivirus to freak out.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Mable » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:48 am

Enjl wrote:
-NeonRazor- wrote:Are you sure this is safe? Last time I got a virus! :cry:
Yes. Alternatively to this you can download the 2.0 beta which is guaranteed to not cause any antivirus to freak out.
It does though for most, since it contains lunalua.

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7563
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Enjl » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:27 am

Tinkerbell wrote:
Enjl wrote:
-NeonRazor- wrote:Are you sure this is safe? Last time I got a virus! :cry:
Yes. Alternatively to this you can download the 2.0 beta which is guaranteed to not cause any antivirus to freak out.
It does though for most, since it contains lunalua.
The reason the antivirus freaks out is because of the hacked smbx exe file. 2.0 changes it to .exe.legacy and loads it through the launcher, which should fix the issue. I'm curious though: have you experienced antivirus programs freaking out about that?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Mable » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:55 am

Yeah Norton does it. It deletes the dll files also which you need for lunalua in order to play the music normally.

User avatar
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1710
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881
Contact:

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Wohlstand » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:38 am

It's a dumb false alert :-P
Also, some DLLs are packed with UPX tool
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

User avatar
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:20 am

So, it dawned on me today that it's really bad that two save files, which likely belong to me, were included with the 1.3.0.1 downloads.

I fixed the ZIP but don't have the desire to fix the setup executable at this time.

In other news, SMBX 1.3.0.1 has been downloaded almost 300,000 times.

loop13
Eerie
Eerie
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:56 pm
Flair: I mainly play Touhou and somethin called Len'en
Current Project: failing English III
Chat Username: Sishin Hihiri (loop)

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby loop13 » Sat May 07, 2016 2:06 pm

I can't get it to work with WinZip! Please help!!!
Hello, I make a lot of typos
specific people know my whereabouts though

my wifi is as useful as a brick

:idea: I'm not (completely) dead; I rarely talk because I usually have nothin to say; I'll talk when I actually have a comment I want to make, or if someone asks me somethin...

whoops i deleted my avatar

nostalgia is a beautiful thing, isn't it?

User avatar
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1710
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881
Contact:

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Wohlstand » Sat May 07, 2016 2:10 pm

Jayce 777 wrote:I can't get it to work with WinZip! Please help!!!
Use 7zip instead
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

User avatar
SuperLuigiBrother
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:43 pm
Current Project: It's a Mario Time (SMBX)

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby SuperLuigiBrother » Mon May 16, 2016 8:24 pm

We can all end this topic by just saying that Super Mario Maker is its spiritual sucessor.
I'm SuperLuigiBrother, also known as Paper.

Currently working on the title for the game: It's a Mario Time!
Projects: Coming Soon Projects
  • Luigi Time
  • Kingdom Kruelty (Intentional Spelling)
  • Luigi Time 2
  • It's a Mario Time Again!: Vengeance
[/list]

User avatar
PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7118
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby PixelPest » Mon May 16, 2016 8:57 pm

SuperLuigiBrother wrote:We can all end this topic by just saying that Super Mario Maker is its spiritual sucessor.
Or we can say that SMBX 2.0 is its successor and avoid the SMM vs. SMBX argument for like the sixth time since they're really incomparable.
Spoiler: show
And of course SMBX better

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby mariogeek2 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:04 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Spoiler: show
And of course SMBX better
I agree. SMBX offers up custom music, custom gfx, and though both have npc and boss customization, smbx's more thorough with it, especially with the addition of Lua. What does smm offer? Official support is pretty much it.
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4475
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Aero » Mon May 16, 2016 9:04 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Spoiler: show
incorrect opinion
SMBX breaks my immersion, SMM is pretty nice.
As long as one man goes hungry nobody should eat until everyone is full.

User avatar
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Re: SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon May 16, 2016 9:23 pm

They are absolutely comparable but there's no reason to argue which is better as a whole (as opposed to topics like "which has a more advanced level editor" or "which game has more advanced social integration", to which there are clear answers), because it's a matter of personal preference and peoples' opinions will differ.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests